New firmware v1.4.12 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Coyote

Coyote New Member

I'll try. I hope it works. Thx

2. RezzZ

RezzZ New Member

Hi guys, just flashed my new zidoo x9s with 1.4.12, did a factory restore but I can't access openwrt. The default username and password root:root or root and empty password don't work. Anyone else got this problem?

3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

hm, does any of you guys have problem with spdif sound in zidoo media center ? mine only play's trough HDMI ( works fine with zdmc )

4. gridlock

gridlock Member

for me , no i didn't. there's even no audio/video sync issues for streaming via smb in both the media center player and the official Kodi 17.4

5. Dr.Vikram

Dr.Vikram New Member

I have raised this plenty of time but it never gets rectified. SPDIF and Zidoo never worked from day one! No sync whatsoever and worsens when you turn on 23 playback.

6. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Any news about a new firmware?
    Hope they work at a stable one, were all the subtitle and audio formats working as it should. (Also internal and external srt with the cursive, bold etc. features)
    I'm stuck at fw: 1.4.11. Thats the only frmware that completely works with subtitle and True-HD audio. (All the other downloadable firmwares are with problems and for me not usable)

7. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

They have gone really quiet. Wondering what are they doing right now, probably trying to release another incomplete product?

8. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

There working on the X- 20 id imagine its due out soon .
    So were on the back burner .........

I hope not

Any firmware news forums ?

9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

It is Chinese holiday this week. Don't expect any updates soon.

10. DELUCAS

Ok thanks for the reply back

11. RezzZ

RezzZ New Member

nobody here who can tell me the login details of openwrt?

12. DELUCAS

Chinese holiday ?
    So how come numerous updates for the new Zidoo hardware boxes of today etc ?

13. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

there are none, unless you set up and forgot about it, reflash should wipe onepwrt

14. RezzZ

RezzZ New Member

clearly it doesn't. I've reset my x9s to factory defaults two times already. Nothing works...

I can try reflashing from USB again but I guess that cannot work for the same version...

I'll try a new factory restore via the reset button first...

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  15. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

android os is independent of openwrt, reseting it to factory default will not have effect on openwrt, a reflash should and will work, because if done it myself.

16. RezzZ

RezzZ New Member

Thanks! I thought so much when I read again about the reset button. I will try that asap.

17. RezzZ

RezzZ New Member

hmm, will an ota update also update openwrt in that case? if it's independent? I only can find the OTA update for x9s, is there a different package for other types of updating? Via the reset button e.g.?

UPDATE:
    ok found the How to Flash guide
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/how-to-flash-zidoo-x9s-unit.2959/

and that solved it for me. Guess I set the pw at the beginning, at least now I know how to reset it.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  18. Tukker

Tukker Member

Why does it take so long (more than 2 months )to release a firmware with just some fixes of problems that where not there in the previous version ??
    Its so bad that flashing pgs subtitles , wrong color range in 1080p hevc 10 bit, ect..... are not fixed within a few days after release !
    Just take the code from previous fw and implement . Now i am forced to use other player for pgs sub movies.
    This is soo bad.

19. DolbyVision

DolbyVision New Member

I want a new firmware too

20. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

This is Zidoo's best firmware.
    They can't fix a PGS subtitle problem. Also the intern srt subtitles can't be viewed correctly from day 1. Those are priority nr. 1?
    Useless box with the latest firmware and earlier firmwares with True HD audio problem.
    Come on Team. We paid for a working Mediaplayer. Why does it take so long for a new firmware update?

boblo likes this.