Did some video quality tests. H6 Pro much better than my other boxes

Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by Kris, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Kris

Kris Member

just did some comparisons loading various video files on H6 Pro and 3 other android boxes i have.

i plugged H6 Pro into hdmi 1 and used hdmi 2 for the other boxes. both hdmi 1 and 2 are calibrated identical by the Geek Squad calibration guys at best buy.

anyway i loaded up same file simultaneously and paused at certain parts of video. spent about 3 hours checking out different standard and hd files.

H6 Pro and the other boxes had same detail but the H6 Pro was much clearer on some making the other boxes look kind of blurry. also some files had much better color vs the other boxes. very impressed with H6 Pro

the other boxes were using android 6 vs H6 Pro using android 7. not sure if that makes a difference.

i noticed H6 Pro has a setting under "advanced" in settings to choose YUV or RGB? do all android 7 devices have this or is this something Zidoo put in because as soon as i chose YUV 444 and set my black level to low on my lg tv, (same thing i do with my ps3 and ps4) the picture quality was awesome.

anyway, i love the picture on this box. no reviewers mention picture quality but to me its important.

also did some speed tests to. my internet is 175 Mbps download and 25 Mbps upload. i did 12 tests through ethernet this weekend using "Speedtest by Ookla" on google play store and got 177 Mbps highest and 172 Mbps lowest Mbps for download and upload was always just over 25 Mbps. those are awesome scores.

even installing apps and moving files seems blazing fast on this box.

i only wish the box was 3GB DDR4 and 32GB eMMC lol. maybe next box?

2. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

I quite agree with you that the H6 Pro has a much better video quality and better sound.

Before H6 Pro, the X8 & X9S has the best video quality among all my android boxes, but the H6 Pro's video and audio is definitely better than the X8 & X9S over the same videos, not a whole lot, but its there. However, I am still using the X8 as my main box because of remote control issue.

3. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Related to the smart color 3.0 engine

Kris likes this.
  4. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

To follow up on video performance testing...... A while back, someone brought to our attention that the X9S play the video file "test_sample_x264.mkv" with noticeable stuttering, and I learned that my cheap 905X box played without stuttering due to the fact that the cheap box has a hungry deep buffer, while the X9S has next to no buffer and relies on efficient just in time video decode data on demand handling, which turns out to be not so efficient. The H6 Pro has the same philosophy as the X9S with just in time video data, but it is very efficient in handling it, hence there is no noticeable stuttering with the "test_sample_x264.mkv" video.

Both the H6 Pro and X9S has absolutely no problem with the video file "jellyfish-400-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit.mkv" over the ethernet, yes, its truly sustained 400Mbits rate measured.

The H6 Pro has zero tolerance with damaged frames, it exits the video with the message "can't play video". However, the X9S plays the damaged frame as a "zapped" or "glitched" frame and continues to play the rest of the file gracefully. The video file with damaged frames in several places is "Changhong.mp4", I believe damaged frames are from the original recording.

The H6 Pro also has problem with "can't play video" on files of 1080p HEVC and 10bits

Kris likes this.
  5. Kris

Kris Member

cool. i saw some reviews where they checked the jellyfish file and some others. most were fine so i didn't bother with them. thanks for testing them

6. jpnn80

jpnn80 New Member

Could smart color 3.0 engine be included in X9S with firmware update, or is it hardware exclusive to the Allwinner chip on H6 Pro ?

Sam and DELUCAS like this.