4K UHD BD MENU NAVIGATION

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by jwryu05, Sep 25, 2017.

1. jwryu05

jwryu05 New Member

I want to be more aggressive and look forward to seeing the future.

Advertising depends on the customer's perspective.
    The most important thing is the 4K UHD, which you know very well.

Hopefully zidoo will do so now.

2. jwryu05

jwryu05 New Member

Is 4K Ultra bluray not bluray ?

3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

it's strange, they have working bluray menu, i see no reason for it not to work with UHD movies.

4. Robert Ylvestedt

Robert Ylvestedt New Member

@jwryu05: Yes, it is bluray, but still another kind of bluray. Had there been "4K UHD Blu-ray menu" in the ad it would have been correct to assume it to be working. I do however agree with HaoSs that its strange that it doesn't work. The UHD Blu-ray file structure is similar(or maybe even identical) to ordinary Blu-ray.

Maybe someone else can answer what the differences is that make it don't work?

//LD

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I don't know where the differences exactly are, but I know UHD BD menus are slightly different and an update is needed to make these work too.
    I have seen other brand media players making this essential enhancement. After that these worked for thus far all UHD movies that became available which by the way are still very few.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  6. jwryu05

jwryu05 New Member

This is an accurate answer.
    Egreat A10 works.

Why is that?

7. jwryu05

jwryu05 New Member

However Zidoo X10 has better video quality than egreat A10. If 4K UHD Bluray menu navigation can be possible to execute, Zidoo X10 will be best product ever. I hope Zidoo X10 to be updated soon.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  8. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I would say PQ is similar but the A10 needs some tweaking of settings. I see Egreat and Zidoo doing a rat-race regarding firmwares. It was my plan to get an X10 replacing my X9S but in fact I am now waiting for the X20.

9. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

yes, with some adjustments of the parameters of the box and the TV, we can have a PQ equivalent to the Zidoo,
    but the zidoo keeps a slight advantage in the gradient of colors like the first minute of the film deepwater horizon when we are in the water,
    it's just my opinion

and for BD menu with UHD bdmv, this is not expected according to the team zidoo, but if I'm wrong I'll be happy, and yes this will be one of the best box, but
    they need to improve their media center which is not as efficient that of the Egreat.

Tomorrow I will see if the new UHD movie BDMV (video bitrate 90Mbit/s) works fine on my zidoo x10 with my NAS (smb)

10. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

well, i did test:

Disc Title: JOHN_WICK_CHAPTER_2
    Disc Size: 94,922,153,010 bytes
    Protection: AACS2
    BD-Java: Yes
    Extras: Ultra HD
    BDInfo: 0.5.8.6 (compatible layout created by DVDFab 10.0.6.2)

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name: 00000.MPLS
    Length: 2:02:23.252 (h:m:s.ms)
    Size: 82,864,293,888 bytes
    Total Bitrate: 90.28 Mbps

VIDEO:

Codec Bitrate Description
    ----- ------- -----------
    MPEG-H HEVC Video 77948 kbps 2160p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / Main 10 Profile 5.1 High / 4:2:0 / 10 bits / HDR / BT.2020 /

AUDIO:

Codec Language Bitrate Description
    ----- -------- ------- -----------
    Dolby Atmos/TrueHD Audio English 5243 kbps 7.1-Atmos / 48 kHz / 5243 kbps / 24-bit (AC3 Core: 5.1-EX / 48 kHz / 640 kbps)
    Dolby Digital Audio Spanish 640 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 640 kbps
    Dolby Digital Audio French 640 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 640 kbps
    Dolby Digital Audio English 448 kbps 2.0 / 48 kHz / 448 kbps / Dolby Surround
    Dolby Digital Audio English 224 kbps 2.0 / 48 kHz / 224 kbps / Dolby Surround

SUBTITLES:

Codec Language Bitrate Description
    ----- -------- ------- -----------
    Presentation Graphics English 12.515 kbps
    Presentation Graphics English 16.592 kbps
    Presentation Graphics Spanish 13.348 kbps
    Presentation Graphics French 0.713 kbps

Indeed there is no menu, movie does play very good tho :)

11. OlivierQC

Yes for me too :)

and you can also try this one :

DISC INFO:
    Disc: Alien.Covenant.2017.COMPLETE.UHD.BLURAY-TERMiNAL
    Disc Size: 47,373,530,934 bytes
    Protection: AACS2
    BD-Java: Yes
    Extras: Ultra HD
    IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2316204/

PLAYLIST REPORT:
    Name: 00800.MPLS
    Length: 2:02:03.441 (h:m:s.ms)
    Size: 46,609,256,448 bytes
    Total Bitrate: 50.92 Mbps

(*) Indicates included stream hidden by this playlist.

VIDEO:
    Codec Bitrate Description
    ----- ------- -----------
    MPEG-H HEVC Video 34997 kbps 2160p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / Main 10 Profile 5.1 High / 4:2:0 / 10 bits / HDR / BT.2020 /
    4K HDR 10Bit........................................................BT.2020

Everything works on zidoo, I love this device, it just missing the support of BD menu with uhd bdmv, and everything will be perfect.

See you

12. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

need to test some main 10 profile 6.1 high, there used to be problems with 5.1 but seems zidoo managed to improve playback. i wander how 6.1 is playing now.

13. jwryu05

jwryu05 New Member

It is very positive, and I look forward to it.

14. OlivierQC

Hello HaoSs,

I do not know if this can help you :

[​IMG]

The videos work fine on my X10, but I'm not an expert I can be wrong

http://jell.yfish.us/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

See you

15. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

yah, i know about it, was lagging some while back, you say runs nice now ? will test it again

16. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

we went a little offtopic but whatever, over samba the jelly fish video lags, but on local playback, it runs good :) even the 400 Mb rate one

17. OlivierQC

I told you that it works without problems :), which is not the case with Egreat A11

18. Davicom

Davicom Member

I hope and thing that next fw up will fix this important bug. I love stability of zidoo product and thing that it can't remain back on others players with same or less techniques specify

19. cesarleeds

cesarleeds New Member

+1 for UHD discs menu, that would be really really nice.

20. Sergey Kravchenko

Sergey Kravchenko New Member

There is nothing strange with that, UHD AVCHD structure is different to 1080p, Media Center will play the main movie or the first title, it still allows you to go through chapters and titles but it is very buggy and very often exits the disc.
    The only player is capable of playing UHD Menus as well, is OPPO UDP-203, you have to place the content of RIPS into AVCHD folder and it plays them nicely.
    Zidoo really need to fix that issue and start supporting UHD Menus, on another side would be absolutely great if ZDMC would support that as well.