Android 7.x for Zidoo x9s?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by cyber7, Sep 18, 2017.

1. cyber7

cyber7 Active Member Beta test group

Hi Guys and Zidoo'ers
    Will this become a reality?

2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Id imaging if if they would be working on the new one OREO 8.0 as thats the new one coming soon ........

But truthfully it be on a new Zidoo machine with Oreo .
    But you never know .

Be nice with 7.0 as that handles Dolby Vision ;)

cyber7 likes this.
  3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

well, zidoo has been quiet for over a month now, you got to ask yourself what are they working on.

4. cyber7

Actually, the reason I ask is because I by chance got a Firmware for an old TV BOX to upgrade it from 5.11 to 7.1 and after a time-period of settling you can get a real feel of the slickness and speed in the 7.x OS. I believe that if Zidoo goes that way with all the current devices, they will have a huge step-up on the competitors!

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

yah, OS update is big deal on meany devices, not sure if zidoo understands that, did they ever android update a box, like ever ?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  6. DELUCAS

Well were either getting a big firmware update for the boxes .

Or Android 7.01 ........
    Im sadly edging my bets for a firmware update
    Not Android 7.01 :(

And news on when a sniffing of a release date ?

7. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

Nugat will definitely make the Zidoo boxes incredibly valuable. Also, it will save Zidoo lots of work regarding ZDMC. Passthrough in Kodi will work so there won't be need to have a custom fork. I am sure they won't go for the upgrade but nevertheless, my opinion is that it will elevate the boxes to another level.

8. fanhunter

fanhunter New Member

There isn't any box with this SoC and Android 7.x. I think our problem is Realtek

9. DELUCAS

Zidoo will more than likely bring out a new box like the X10 s ; )

And have Nougat 7.1 pre installed .

But they have gone quite of late ....
    So somethings coming out .

10. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

yah, allot of soc related stuff ( like passtrough API ) is in realtek hands

11. DELUCAS

Great news .......
    But when ?

12. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

great news ? what news ? there is no news...

13. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

No news is good news they say... But, I doubt it in our case. As far as I can see now, most issues with the x9s and its brothers (x8, x10) are Realtek related. Zidoo is just the frontend and they try to absorb the user feedback to make RT SoC better...

14. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

yah, that's why you see box from different companies with rtd1295 having most of the same bugs , but at the end of the day, zidoo one comes on top, guy's here do put allot of work, that's why i'm still here :)

15. cyber7

I agree wholeheartedly with you!

16. gamin

gamin New Member

Exactly the same feeling here : Zidoo's guys are making their best ! Not communicating a lot, but doing an amazing job to meet users' expectations. Don't know a lot of manufacturers in this business with an open wishlist they read on, their forum.

I already turned many of my friends disappointed with other boxes to Zidoo, which they didn't know at all. After a small demo at home, most of them ordered a Zidoo (all models concerned). Glad I can help 'cause I really think Zidoo deserves it.

17. EB1000

EB1000 New Member

Xiaomi Mi box (cheaper that X9S), is fully google certified. Can do 4k/atmos Netflix + 3D MVC + bluray menus using latest official kodi 17.4, and just got Android 7.2 update...

18. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

Are you sure about 3D? If yes, how?

19. thaiminhan

thaiminhan Member Beta test group

hahahah.... xiaomi mibox with 3D MVC on S905x can play 3D MVC like the sun growing west

20. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

I see some reviews for H6 Pro and I am wondering what does x9s has better? The H6 Pro is cheaper, Nougat gives the passthrough option without hacks, it has 3D, FHD netflix etc. I honestly think that because of Realtek, we are stuck. Frankly, last time I get Realtek box.