Unnoficial Latest KODI Leia 18 with ZidooPlayer

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by cobric, Jul 21, 2017.

1. dany76

dany76 New Member

But also this Kodi 17.3 crash like zmdc?

2. cobric

cobric Member

Yes, it's same code.

3. lancerct

lancerct New Member

Hi Cobric, thank you for your work. But After I installed the latest Leia build (18-09-2017), it keeps crashing on first screen. My X9S is brand new and installed nothing on it. Is there anything I could do about it?

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

yes, install zdmc 17.1 ( search forum ), make sure you are on 1.4.12 firmware

5. cobric

cobric Member

Don't know. For me it's working fine even without ZDMC (thou I had it installed when installing my build for first time, but I can't see why that is needed). I uploaded new build, so try that one. (https://github.com/gorpet/kodi-zdmc/releases/tag/18.0a1-Leia-22-09-2017)

6. ton_dahlia

ton_dahlia Member

17.3 works fine with my X10 , but it's crash at first screen on the later versions ,today I'll try the latest version above ...thank you

oh...one quick question , the both of ZDMC and Kodi can't play 4k movie right?

7. cobric

cobric Member

Depends :) External player (Zidoo player) can play almost anything, internal KODI player can play most of movies but struggles with some audio formats. So you must paste all video/audio information fetched using e.g. mediainfo tool to be able to answer that. You can always try to play the file with one player then another (using external Zidoo player is preferable because of compatibility with most video/audio formats including 3D MVC, and picture quality).

ton_dahlia likes this.
  8. lancerct

lancerct New Member

Well, the latest version does not work, also the official Leia build from Kodi. Only ZMDC 17.4 works:(

9. Sébastien

Sébastien New Member

Hi Cobric,

Is it possible to change the language in the latest version of Kodi 18?

Thx

10. cobric

cobric Member

You can change language the same way as in official KODI and ZDMC.

11. Ymlik

Ymlik New Member

Hi Cobric,

Your version of 23-10-2017 does not work at home, other people have problems?
    Could you do what's nessessary?

Regards.
    Thx

12. cobric

cobric Member

Yes, I also notice that. Please use previous build which works until I resolve issue.
    I deleted latest release from github.

Kind regards,

13. Ymlik

Ymlik New Member

Ok, thanks Cobric

14. laola

laola Member

Hi Cobric,

thanks for maintaining this version - especially LiveTV/PVR is much better (less freezes). Sometimes FC but overall a pretty nice and stable version (I am using the 5th Dec. version)

15. cobric

cobric Member

Thx @laola! Only issue with this version is no support for auto framerate switching with internal KODI player, due to too much differences in latest KODI Leia source code regarding android windowing: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit...57482e8#diff-3ab8f0707c2c4c365fd16137ae1065bd.

16. laola

laola Member

Well - I am using the internal player for liveTV only. So I set the Kodi desktop resolution to 1080p/50Hz (EU frequencies). TV picture is good and smooth.

Something else (nothing related to your version but to Zidoo X9S or Android Kodi in general ?) - Using LiveTV (via DVBViewer add-on) with the internal player - I am getting stereo sound only. Using the same add-on on a RPi2/3 or Windows HTPC I get multichannel sound... There is no difference between Krypton and Leia. I never tried Kodi V16 with the X9S.

17. If I install the newest build of kodi 18 over an older build will it delete my settings and movies database?

18. laola

laola Member

Settings will be kept. Database will also taken over but migrated to an updated version.

19. x7de

x7de Member

dumb question cobric, does KODI/ZDMC 18 Leia support DTS transcode? on the default ZDMC its not available

20. cobric

cobric Member

You mean AC3 transcoding? There is no DTS transcoding option in any version of KODI...