X9S HOW TO FLASH ZIDOO X9S UNIT

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by HoneCharles, Oct 8, 2016.

1. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

2. emre

emre New Member

my screen always this mode.

3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

strange, did you also try witought the 4 additional files ? using the reset button,like on the official guide ?

4. emre

emre New Member

not working.:(

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

yah. no idea what you are doing or not doing. sorry , but info is just not enough.

6. emre

emre New Member

I have tried all the methods given here for recovery. but no matter what method it is, nothing comes out of this screen. just use the reset button on the back and the vfd display shows up-. it is the same as the result of the experiment which I try to flash memory.

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

8. emre

emre New Member

There are removable SanDisk, Toshiba, Kingston USB memory sticks. It was not with anyone. I never came to the screen you showed

9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

again, no idea what you are doing wrong, worked fine for me first time i tried it, ( i tried just to make sure the process is easy as described ) i'd say take a break, try again tomorrow from scratch

10. emre

emre New Member

thank you. As you said, I will try again tomorrow.

11. emre

emre New Member

hi. ı have accessed uart console and writeable commands. do you know recovery commands for ssh

12. emre

emre New Member

ı m repaired my device. using usb tll and linux commands .

HaoSs likes this.
  13. dimipapa

dimipapa New Member

I want to come back 1.4.12 (who has problem with color space and hdmi rage)to 1.4.6.
    How will I do it?

14. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

this topic is all about, how to do it, did you read something before positing? you also probably have some bad settings, range is set by TV. you can also manually set it to whatever you want, where is the problem ?

15. dimipapa

dimipapa New Member

colorspace auto or manual lost the picture(black).
    hdmi rage when is full or auto the picture is very dark.when is limited the picture is very faded.

i find the 1.2.6 image.boot from usb flash(fat32).
    the vfd right up...nothing else-no signal..
    after this without put riset,the vfd right boot...no picture..
    stuck;

16. Alex 242

Alex 242 New Member

[Цитата="эмре, должность: 29329, член: 13627"]Здравствуйте, друзья. Я установил неправильное программное обеспечение через устройство. устройство посылает сообщение теперь о том, что система устанавливается во время загрузки. Я попробовал все способы, но этого не произошло.[/Цитата]

I have exactly the same after the wrong program.

17. lacamg

lacamg New Member

I really thank you for saving me. This time I wanted to throw away the box. Do you want to know why?
    Since November (when I bought it) six time I was obliged to flash an image file because the X9s suddenly shut down and when i tried to reboot, the display showed only the mark "ZIDOO" staying still and nothing happened....
    The 7th time (2 days ago) the flash didn't work. I had a complete green screen and then a black screen. It seemed like the box was dead, so I decided to try your solution and the "miracle" happened!

Also want you all be informed that 4 times, when the box suddenly went off, 2 drives (hard drive + usb drive) were completely formatted and all data in them were lost. The first time i had important data on the hard drive but luckly I had a backup....
    That happened 4 times! so now I'm very concerned and never put again important data on drives attached to the X9s.

Did someone of you ever had this problem? Pls be careful

18. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

lacamg, for me not yet, but I'm thinking to do a full reflash of FW because I still have some "hanging" of native player even after a factory reset.
    Someone (I don't remenber who) suggested me to do a factory reset, but seems not enough.
    Unluckily, even if flashing file have a correct checksum, Android device don't confirm that flash is "bit to bit" compliant to what expected.
    Indeed, I saw may times on this forums that multiple flashing of the very same FW gave a working device in the end (and not with only one flashing).
    Very strange...

About flashing a device with any drive attached, based to the huge experience of the many very skilled people that attend XDA forums, I've learned to ALWAYS avoid flashing a Android device with a attached drive with important file on.
    Of course I thanks those people, else I would have made the same mistake ;)

19. lacamg

lacamg New Member

Thanks PacoRabanne,
    I forgot to say that when i flashed the box, there were NO drives attached not even micro sd card. The flash has always been done with the box ONLY.
    The drives were formatted when the X9S shut down and i tried to switch it on with the on/off button. After that, I took off my drives before flashing and checked them with my notebook (this because I had image file already downloaded and saved on the hard drive ...just in case) and that's when
    i discovered the drive was formatted.

Every time i flashed an image, i was forced to do so because the box didn't work anymore. The first time I flashed firmware image 1.2.3, the second
    time firm 1.2.6 and the third time 1.2.7.. Then I started again with 1.2.6, which was the best for me.

20. Maxim

Maxim New Member

After unsuccessful recovery update, i've got a boot loop. Now when I try another attempt to recovery flash I see zidoo logo without any progress. LCD displays "UP" then "Hello" and nothing happening (have been waited more than 10 minutes).

My pendrive is formated FAT32, I've tried both USB2.0 ports. No luck so far.

I think the origin why I've got the issue is because my first pendrive has 2 partitions (usb modem with SD card reader) and the firmware was on the second partition. But now i try with ordinary pendrive and it didn't help too.

Have anybody any idea what else can I try to recover my box?

UPD: And that comes from UART port with and without reset pressed while switching box on (attached).

Attached Files: