Audio too loud or too quiet

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by dellenuvole, Sep 14, 2017.

1. dellenuvole

dellenuvole New Member

Hi All,
    During action scenes I must continue to lower the volume, then when there are the dialogue voices it needs increase the TV volume.
    I tried changed from Realtek Audio Settings the Playback effect parameters:
    "Night Mode" and "Comfort Mode", but unfortunately with a negative result.
    Are there any settings in the Box X9S or Zidoo Home Theatre that can be used to "level out" the audio?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Pelayo likes this.
  2. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

As far as I saw watching almost all action movies (AFAIK if encoded as 5.1) with a 2 audio channel device (like commnon Stereo equipment, headphones or TV), "effects" are always too loud, and dialogues too low.
    Seems related the center channel...
    I highly like to find a kind of "5.1 (or 7.1) channel mixer" able to increase or decrease each channel in the stereo downmix...
    Am I wrong?

3. dellenuvole

dellenuvole New Member

You've centered on the goal. But now we need to understand how it can be done.
    Maybe could give us one explanation one of the Zidoo team

4. PacoRabanne

Yeah, but keep in mind that, AFAIK, no one device (even current TV, that is a shame) are able to do what we want.
    I suppose will be possible if you have an external 5.1 or 7.1 audio processor, like the Home Cinema amplifiers that a lot of users on this forum have, which (again, I suppose, I don't own any) should control any channel volume level independently.
    Again, I'm wrong?

Now, will be a wonderful thing if Zidoo will be able to develop a "downmixer" with input channel individual level control!
    Too good to be true?

gamin likes this.
  5. dellenuvole

dellenuvole New Member

I own a little box "EMTEC N200", I can change the Audio Settings.
    If the option "Night Mode" is turned on, the audio output volume will be decreased to make you more comfortable.
    However, it's not necessary to have a blazoned brand of amplifiers
    Hopefully Zidoo Team will accept our request

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  6. gamin

gamin New Member

+1
    should be added to the request feature !

7. PacoRabanne

Looking around for this issue, quite often because depends on bad channel mixing on many movies, I saw that many DVD/BD player have some nice workaround, like dynamic compression or something called "night mode". The latter is a simple "preset" that increase the central audio channel (the one that plays dialogues) relative to all the other "effect" channel, to avoid too loud effect (like booms or crashes during action movie watching).
    There are some articles that explain how to change the "stereo downmix" formula (coefficients) to obtain this.
    Now I suppose is not so difficult to do this. And, better, to make this "preset" switchable also with a IR remote button ;)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i hope @spring or @mirror see this, also having the same problem, i usually download big bluray's just to get the option for 2 ch audio.

9. dellenuvole

dellenuvole New Member

The way to balance "audio effects" and "voice" already exists, in Realtek Audio Setting (see the pic)
    I guess it's a bug or a Realtek chip limit

Audio settings.png

10. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

hm, dont remember this settings, does it do anything ?

11. dellenuvole

dellenuvole New Member

I get it that the problem was not properly captured.
    The setting is there. See Zidoo's Android Settings.(See the Pics)
    In any case I have already done some tests but it doesn't work.
    Try you too

Audio settings 1.png

Audio settings 2.png

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  12. PacoRabanne

Maybe doesn't work due to HDMI RAW output you have selected?
    This function (or effect) have to be applied only for a stereo downmix.
    Have no sense for a raw output. Raw means without any processing, as it is.

Anyway THANKS! I'll do some tests soon.
    I'd like to know the difference (different meaning of effects) between "Night" and "Confort" modes.
    I also like to know if those effects (if working) are applied on any audio output of only for some.

13. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Well. I use spdif pcm 2.0, will have problems with sound level. Not sure if the option is on tho. Will test tonight

14. dellenuvole

dellenuvole New Member

The pics that I posted above contribute to make you understand where find the Realtek Audio Setting
    The pics below are the settings I've set in my Zidoo box, but unfortunately don't work
    Paco Rabanne, about your doubts(the difference between "Night" and "Confort" modes), the answers can only be given by zidoo team
    I hope some of them give us clarifications about it in this topic
    I still think it's a bug or an irrelevant settings

01.jpg
    02.jpg
    03.jpg

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  15. PacoRabanne

A very brief test yesterday seems to confirm that both "Playback effects" don't do any noticeable result.
    But I don't have any "reference" material to check how downmixing adjust single 5.1 channel level in stereo output.

Any other report from other users?

I hope any feedback from Zidoo.

16. dellenuvole

dellenuvole New Member

Hi @HaoSs
    there are news, from the Zidoo team about this topic?

17. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Nope, seems i lost touch with zidoo, even @freeroc has bin ignoring me , not sure what they up to those days.

18. dellenuvole

dellenuvole New Member

Hi zidoo team
    I would like to know, if the mentioned problem will be fixed in some releases
    Many thanks

19. dellenuvole

dellenuvole New Member

When are you aim to fix this bug?
    Could you give me an answer?
    Thanks

20. xiuxiu

xiuxiu New Member

No news? It's really annoying.