ZDMC release 20.1 (x8/x9s/x10)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by bob, Jul 31, 2017.

1. sophialiu

sophialiu New Member

Thank you for your share.install,uninstall,reinstall.I remembered it.

2. Robertb

Robertb New Member

I have tried to instal zdmc 16.1.1 (zidoo_x6%2Fzdmc-16.1.1 apk).zdmc17.3beta(zdmc-17.3 apk), zdmc17.3(kodiapp-armeabi-v7a-Krypton-17.3 apk) and
    kodi17.3 from google play.I can't see smb folders in anyone of them.
    Ican see and play videos with home theatre app in the box.
    Software version 1.4.6

3. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Robertb, have you disabled "SMB v.1" in your Windows 10 PC?
    When I did it, my shares wasn't any more accessible by both Media Center and ZDMC.

4. Robertb

Robertb New Member

"SMB v.1" is enabled in my PC.

5. dferregu

dferregu Member

¿Why zdmc-17.1 is 124M and zdmc-17.3 only 81M?

6. boblo

boblo Member

@bob, I've detected some mistakes in new options added to Kodi in english language. Also these options don't have any translation yet. Please see the attached picture with my suggested message strings.
    Screenshot_20170816-025028.png

7. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

OK,I will fix it.
    thanks

boblo likes this.
  8. X8fan

X8fan Member

Just to confirm: should I install 17.3 this without uninstalling the 17.1? It's a pain to reconfigure all my shortcuts and customization.

9. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

For me was impossible without uninstalling previous.
    Maybe there is a procedure to avoid this.

Any advice?

10. Michele985

Michele985 New Member Beta test group

Issue of elements watched but not marked is still present (i use the external native player to play movies).

Is it possibile to fix it even using the old method of zdmc 16.x branch?

11. jmp1963

jmp1963 Member

Has anybody else noticed that the UI on 17.3 is really sluggish. I had to uninstall 16.1 to upgrade to 17.3 so it is a fresh install. I switched back to the Confluence skin (old hand user, even from the days of XBMC on an XBox!) and am finding that the key clicks and other sound effects from ZDMC are sounding up to a second or so after the action has taken place. It does make navigating a real pain.

I have been using a Wetek Hub that is running native Libreelec and it is snappy and rock solid. I only just got the X8 because of the Bluray menu and MVC 3D support. I'm not overly impressed so far but will give the developers chance. I thought that it was slightly more 'mature' than it currently is.

Cheers

JMP

Edit: It looks like it is just the GUI sounds that lag behind the key/button presses. It isn't overly unresponsive, it just seems that way and is not a good user experience. I installed (temporarily) another Kodi fork and that was fine.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  12. LePousson

LePousson New Member

Any chance to see a ZDMC 18 test release soon ??

LePousson

13. X8fan

X8fan Member

is Atmos/7.1 passthrough finally working on this version now?

14. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Yes,it is good.
    v1.4.12
    thanks

X8fan likes this.
  15. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

Kodi 17.4 was released yesterday...

16. X8fan

X8fan Member

After installing firmware 1.4.12 and 17.3, I get no sound using internal player in passthrough mode. When using external player, sound comes back but ZDMC crashes with the message: “unfortunately, ZDMC has stopped” even though video keeps playing in background.

What is wrong with this release? This is so buggy! Anything I can try to solve these problems in the meantime? I already made sure sound settings is set to RAW and passthrough enabled, and sync display not enabled.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  17. jmp1963

jmp1963 Member

I'm having the exact same issues! Sorry I can't help and I've tried LOTS of settings changes. See my post: http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/unfortunately-zdmc-has-stopped.5830/

Not sure whether I should have posted in this thread or the new 1.4.12 firmware thread so I just opened a new topic on the X8 sub forum.

X8fan likes this.
  18. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

Guys, with passthrough and 23,976 material, we do not have any luck with ZDMC 17+. Even if it plays to you, you will notice a few hundred skipped frames in a 2-hours movie. For me it is impossible to watch any stuff at 23,976 material. Only way to have this "fixed" is to forget passthrough and enable sync display... ZDMC doesn't seem to be priority to Zidoo (17 has been labeled Beta since it was released).

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  19. X8fan

X8fan Member

Do sync and pass through work properly if we install normal Kodi 17.3/17.4? Has anyone tested it?

20. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

IT does not.