A new firmware version v1.2.7 for ZIDOO X7

Discussion in 'X7 Official Firmware Releases' started by bob, Aug 15, 2017.

1. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Model: ZIDOO_X7
    Firmware version: v1.2.7
    Download URL: http://www.mediafire.com/file/t30hc7v577stz0p/ZIDOO_X7_v1.2.7_20170815_ota.zip
    md5: A5F7A135C8A2BBD1AD230D8AF735C6CF
    update: OTA

A list of updating software

System:
    1,Fix WIFI hotspot

Launcher:
    1,Optimize Mouse experience.
    2,Add sort function for shortcut in UI
    3,Add a status bar in UI
    4,Display MediaCenter icon
    5,Fix the icon redundance.
    6,Optimize animation.

Quicksettings:
    1,Add a switch on receive OTA or not.
    2,Audio output settings don't save.
    3,Optimize some language issues.

Filemanager:
    1,Optimized Favorite function.
    2,Fix some UI which couldn't refresh automatically.
    3,Display the files immediately when choose to display hidden files.

Picture manager:
    1,Speed up the display of pictures.
    2,Add more slide effects.
    3,Add a option to view the details of picutres.
    4,Add a option to delete pictures.
    5,Add a option to play music.

Music player:
    1,Fix some ape,flac can't read list information.
    2,Fix some music can't get singer information
    3,Display currently CUE list.
    4,Save the song and the progress of the last one.
    5,Add CUE support for WAV and DTS.

Launcher
    upload_2017-8-15_21-32-32.png

upload_2017-8-15_21-36-46.png

Media Center
    upload_2017-8-15_21-33-25.png

Gallery
    upload_2017-8-15_21-35-0.png

upload_2017-8-15_21-40-54.png

upload_2017-8-15_21-41-23.png

upload_2017-8-15_21-39-20.png

quick settings
    upload_2017-8-15_21-37-34.png

File
    upload_2017-8-15_21-42-49.png

2. karpi

karpi New Member

Lo he actualizado y no arranca en el logo de indio ladrillo (ayuda)

3. cobra78

cobra78 Member

Deinterlacing of videos don't work in Kodi 18.
    eg 1080i, 720x480i
    Please fix.

4. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Updated to FW 1.2.7, no glaring issue for a simple user, mouse experience in Launcher screen is smooth.

Any chance with a zoom out option for the launcher screen for the next FW? Zoom out enough to see all the icons without scrolling left/right and up/down?

Thanks!

5. Jurdanas

Jurdanas New Member

If I don't like the new FW-1.2.7, how can I get back to the old version firmware (stok firmware)?
    Where ROOT? :(
    Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  6. Matt

Matt New Member

Some feedback:
    There are a few spelling mistakes:
    1. On the main settings page, under display, Screen is mis-spelled for both resolution and position (is written "Scrren")
    2. In the Media Centre, in the Settings section, "Refresh" appears as "Refreash" and "Favorites" is only "Favor"

Media Centre
    1. The Media Centre plays back 3d Isos correctly (either in 3d or in 2d if you choose that) in frame packing
    2. If you choose a 3d MVC MKV (made with MakeMKV), it cannot play it back properly. If playing in 3d, it outputs to some weird picture where half the screen overlaps the other half (not SBS or TAB). If trying to play in 2D, then the picture is in 2D, however there are frequent random stutters. These play properly in other players (eg raspberry pi, on Windows with MVC builds of Kodi, Mede8er). I have a feeling that this issue is relating to the RKCodec as it is not only in the MEdia Center app, but also in ZDMC / RKMC / FTMC and there is the same issue on other Rockchip devices (I have another RK3328 device which has the same behaviour in RKMC / FTMC)
    3. Dolby True HD and DTS-HD files, while they play, the audio has frequent dropouts (where if you choose the Dolby Digital or DTS track, there is no problem playing audio). Note that this is also a problem on ZDMC / RKMC / FTMC so is probably also related to the RKCodec

ZDMC
    1. As per above, 3d MVC MKV files (created with MakeMKV) do not play properly in either 3d or 2D
    2. As per above, Dolby True HD and DTS-HD files play, but with frequent dropouts
    3. VC-1 files do not play with hardware acceleration, so just stutter a lot (is unwatchable). This is also the same on RKMC / FTMC. Same file plays fine in Media Center without issue

Wrapper
    - Is there any chance you could create a wrapper so that we can use Kodi as the front end, and then use the Media Center (which has better video playback) to play back videos?
    - I tried to do this with playercorefactory.xml in kodi, but I don't know what the app name is for Media Center to use (there was a guide for other Zidoo players, but that requires root, which we don't have).

Custom icons
    - It appears that with this update, any shortcuts that the user has put on the desktop are forgotten on reboot

Happy to help out with testing if you would like

7. pjm

pjm Member

8. bob

There are a few spelling mistakes:
    1. On the main settings page, under display, Screen is mis-spelled for both resolution and position (is written "Scrren")
    2. In the Media Centre, in the Settings section, "Refresh" appears as "Refreash" and "Favorites" is only "Favor"
    already fixed
    Media Centre
    1. The Media Centre plays back 3d Isos correctly (either in 3d or in 2d if you choose that) in frame packing
    2. If you choose a 3d MVC MKV (made with MakeMKV), it cannot play it back properly. If playing in 3d, it outputs to some weird picture where half the screen overlaps the other half (not SBS or TAB). If trying to play in 2D, then the picture is in 2D, however there are frequent random stutters. These play properly in other players (eg raspberry pi, on Windows with MVC builds of Kodi, Mede8er). I have a feeling that this issue is relating to the RKCodec as it is not only in the MEdia Center app, but also in ZDMC / RKMC / FTMC and there is the same issue on other Rockchip devices (I have another RK3328 device which has the same behaviour in RKMC / FTMC)
    3. Dolby True HD and DTS-HD files, while they play, the audio has frequent dropouts (where if you choose the Dolby Digital or DTS track, there is no problem playing audio). Note that this is also a problem on ZDMC / RKMC / FTMC so is probably also related to the RKCodec
    I will check it

ZDMC
    1. As per above, 3d MVC MKV files (created with MakeMKV) do not play properly in either 3d or 2D
    2. As per above, Dolby True HD and DTS-HD files play, but with frequent dropouts
    3. VC-1 files do not play with hardware acceleration, so just stutter a lot (is unwatchable). This is also the same on RKMC / FTMC. Same file plays fine in Media Center without issue
    I will check it
    Wrapper
    - Is there any chance you could create a wrapper so that we can use Kodi as the front end, and then use the Media Center (which has better video playback) to play back videos?
    - I tried to do this with playercorefactory.xml in kodi, but I don't know what the app name is for Media Center to use (there was a guide for other Zidoo players, but that requires root, which we don't have).
    package="com.rockchips.mediacenter"
    "activity name"="com.rockchips.mediacenter.videoplayer.VideoPlayerActivity"
    Can this help you?

Custom icons
    - It appears that with this update, any shortcuts that the user has put on the desktop are forgotten on reboot
    First deal with this, the next version will fix the problem
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/remove-shortcut-from-home-screen.5707/

thanks

karpi likes this.
  9. Matt

Matt New Member

10. Matt

Matt New Member

Unfortunately playercorefactory doesn't work with the media center for some reason.
    Is there a plan to include root access ?

11. bob

Yes
    But root box may take some more time.
    thanks

12. Rockchip

Rockchip New Member

Hi

There is also another small issue. When you return from a standby mode, the date and time will not update.

For example if I shutdown my TV at 1 PM and turn it back on at 11 PM, that time will still be 1 PM and it will not adjust unless you reboot the box.

Kindly fix this in the next FW.

Thank you!

13. bob

OK,I will check it.
    thanks

14. Jurdanas

Jurdanas New Member

In android settings in SD card section then crash setting.
    Thanks

15. mike2002

mike2002 New Member

Me too, I really need it. Not Kodi 17, but ZDMC 17, with autoswitch refresh rate (minimum) et autoswitch resolution (if possible).

16. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Two minor issues......

1. Uninstalling Apps in settings, confirmation to OK or Cancel does not respond to mouse click
    2. Power button is missing from raised task bar

17. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

I need to flash a clean image on the X7 to get rid of do-do left behind from some play-store apps, is there a clean img for the X7?

Thanks

18. Ed J.

Ed J. New Member

I was expecting the new firmware to fix issues I have with subtitles from my MKV files.
    There is still a lack of control over the subtitles with MediaCenter. While enclosed .ASS subtitles are not displaying at all, enclosed .SRT files sometimes are displaying sometimes not, and the menu does not allow to turn them on or off even when they are displaying. They are displaying by default when playing a file, but the subtitles option in the control menu is always "OFF" and ticked, even when they are actually displaying it is set to "OFF"; though hitting the OK button on the "OFF" option does turn them off but it is impossible to turn them on again. It might be hard to understand what I am stating since all of this behavior is nonsense : it is pretty hard to report such incoherences clearly.
    To sum it up I would just kindly ask the Zidoo team to completely revise the management of the subtitles by the MediaCenter main app as it is broken. Also the default font needs to be fixed as it is almost transparent and unreadable on clear backgrounds...
    It would be interesting if anyone else can report and/or comment on the issues I am experiencing with the subtitles management by the default MediaCenter.
    Thanks for reading.
    Note: I have tried to play my files with ZDMC and MX Player and the subtitles were displaying fine for your information.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  19. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

About the font, you can add "stroke" to make it readable.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  20. Matt

Matt New Member

Any updates on bugfixes? Particularly HD audio using the native player and 3d MVC MKV playback?

Cheers