Feature Requests for Zidoo (X8/X9S/X10) - Waiting for zidoo revision

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by boblo, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spawn_lmg

spawn_lmg Active Member Beta test group

I have all the material HDR looks with the wrong colors. I Have FULLHD TV. No convert on SDR.

For this, I ask you to manually enable the conversion

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  2. gaki

gaki Member

Proposals :
    - Hide all menus after subtitles download (same as Kodi player)
    - Possibility to adjust audio sync during playback (same as Kodi player)

3. boblo

boblo Member

@mirror:
    Excuse me if I have insisted to you too much, it won't happen again. I respect Zidoo Team decisions.
    But please give me an answer for this:
    Could you add a new drop-down list to the current interface of the HDMI In app to select audio bitrate like the video bitrate? I'm not asking for higher bitrates, just an option to select a supported bitrate for audio. Does the Realtek SDK allow to select specific audio bitrates or are they fixed for all video bitrates?

Thanks in advance.

4. boblo

boblo Member

List updated. Please don't post more feature requests until new requests are approved by Zidoo. Thank you for your understanding.

5. drdwridav

drdwridav New Member

@mirror
    Thanks for considering my proposal for: Auto flip eyes for right eye first 3D movies launched in external player.
    Just thought I would add my thinking behind it. Using makemkv/mkv toolnix leaves a stereoscopic mode number flag for left or right eye first (or you can manually set it in mkvtoolnix). Using this flag, the libreelec team on the raspberry pi have auto switch working for right eye first movies. Hopefully it should be possible for the zidoo too. Would make it complete!

6. kayama728

kayama728 Member Beta test group

ZIDOO THEATER
    possibility to choose the theater's wall aspect, not only 2 rows but 4 or 5 with resize of single cover
    (like popcorn or dune)

possibility to manually modify the cover with a local image if the movie wasn't fetched by imdb id

7. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Ive allready requested that for the HomeTheater screen
    Its listed as a request on first page .

And one more feature request is that on first page of home theater movie screen you can click left to take you backwards to w x y z film listings .
    You can only scan / scroll right ,right etc at the moment .

8. boblo

boblo Member

9. tomas80

tomas80 New Member

Hi

Is it possible to get DVB capabalities so that it would be possible to plug usb DBV tuner stick ?
    That means getting the dvb-core, dvb-usb-usb2 ... drivers for zidoo kernel.

Is it also possible to get the config file of zidoo kernel ?

thx in advance

10. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

11. tomas80

tomas80 New Member

HaoSs THX for the link but it 's incomplete
    I tried to recompile the 4.1.17 kernel with a gcc 4 version.
    I was sometimes able or not able to load DVB-* compiled modules (maybe due to bad configurations of the kernel)
    What the official .config kernel file used by Zidoo team ?

12. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

13. tomas80

tomas80 New Member

Is it so confidential ?
    In this case, is it possible for this members to provide the compiled version of the dvb-core and dvb-usb-* modules ?
    Just to play with debian under OpenWrt version of zidoo ?

Same request concerning modules to mount real DVD and Blu Ray with a Blu-Ray reader connected with USB ...

14. boblo

boblo Member

@HaoSs, by the way, now that the upcoming firmware will support DVD folders playback, do Zidoo have any plans to support an Optical Disc Drive (ODD)? That is, a DVD or Blu-ray drive for computers (connected with SATA or USB ports). They only could play unprotected (ripped) discs, naturally. I know that HiMedia supported this on Q5/Q10 Pro with Android 5.1 operating system (but not on Android 7). My old TVIX 6500A player supported this too.

Thanks.

15. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

confidential ? no . it's about time vs reward, you are the first one in months to ask about this, unless they see a interest, they won't spend time on this.

@boblo no idea really. i'm not in the loop those days, not sure what zidoo is planing

16. tomas80

tomas80 New Member

THX Haos for your reactivity
    The interest as explained in other thread is to turn Zidoo into a full DVB-T tuner using Tvheadend software (under chrooted debian or not) and Kodi plugin PVR Tvheadend (under android).
    In my mind a lot of people would be interested to turn Zidoo in afull TV Box...

17. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

it's all good in my mind, but zidoo is the one that needs convincing, it's not up to me. sorry, but there is not much i can do, other than to point at the right people

18. tomas80

tomas80 New Member

ok so it is now pointed to the right people ...

19. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

There is a tv dongle out now called DVB Logic usb TV Butler out now
    It can be used on the Android platform and Kodi
    And got good reviews .

Think its for freeview etc
    Maybe sattelite to in the future .

Google it .

20. droiter

droiter Member

In home theater have the choice in options to jump back or forward from the 3, 10, 30, 60 sec video.

In Home Theater on the remote control press "ok" instead of back / forward to have the progress bar.

In home theater in pause have progress bar.

In home theater improve the organization and management of videos.

In the home theater disable subtitles according to the language of the movie (eg movie played in French, the French subtitle is activated by default not logical).

If you do not have dual subtitles at the same time in the home theater is it possible to have the subtitles forced at the same time as another language (ex: film in French with some passages of foreign language , But the subtitles are in English, just have more French forced).

Have a bubble of info the resolution / framerate, In any video player, not just on Home Theater.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.