USB content - resume options and subtitles borders

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X8' started by sanasy, Aug 11, 2017.

1. sanasy

sanasy New Member

I am considering buying X8 and would appreciate answers on few questions. My main usage would be to play videos with subtitles from external HDD and then sometimes to watch youtube.

I have these questions related to playing videos from USB/HDD:
    1. Does it remember last played video after it was plugged out from power? So will it automatically navigate to specific file in folder structure which was last played?
    2. Does it remember last played point in multiple videos, so can it resume playback?
    3. Can you add borders to subtitles (since just one color is usually difficult to read, so it's good to have borders around letters, i.e. black border and white letters are a standard)?
    4. How does the native fast forward look like? How fast can it go and does it skip parts of video while fast forwarding or can you see video being played in fast motion?
    5. Can it skip to next video in the folder without creating playlists or anything additional, but just plugging in the HDD?

Answers to any of these questions would be really appreciated and would help me decide if this is the box for me. Thank you!

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

1) Yes, yes (i know in zdmc there is a option for this, not tested with zidoo own player)
    2) Yes ( again, not tested with zidoo own player, but probably yes)
    3) Subtitles already have border on them, did not see any setting for this tho.
    4) It skips (length depends on settings,)
    5) Not really, with ZDMC you make a movie/TV show path in library, you can set it up to update on startup ( can also be manually updated ), auto is the best one, put videos on HDD,plug it in, start ZDMC, it will scan and add any new content to the library (again, external player has different scan function )

sanasy likes this.
  3. sanasy

sanasy New Member

Thank you so much for replying!

So is there any recommended android player which can fast forward without skipping (so that you can actually see video being played just fast) and at the same time allow you to skip to next video in the list alphabetically?
    I'm sorry if that's not the right question for this thread, I am new to android, and have been using old blue-ray player which can do all of the above 5, so I've been hoping to find android box which can provide the same.

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

to be honest, i never searched for this features, apparently zidoo media player can play video at different speeds, but only video,audio is off, for zdmc (kodi) you may find a plugin that can do that, a little google should make it clear, kodi can also be installed on windows :) so you can experiment with it before getting the box :)

5. sanasy

sanasy New Member

That's perfect, I will try that on windows! Thank you very much :)