Feedback Cosmetic bugs

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by boblo, Jul 27, 2017.

1. boblo

boblo Member

• When an USB hard disk drive is disconnected from an USB port, the hard disk icon on front VFD display does not disappear.
    • Tiny white moving dots can be seen at the right side of the screen when browsing files in MEDIA CENTER app.
    • Some texts are overlapped when 'Font Size' is greater than 'Normal' under Android Advanced Settings.
    Tested with firmware: 1.4.6.

Regards

UPDATE: Bug report has changed (changes are highlighted in red). Please see my reply to know changes.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  2. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

checking it.Thanks

3. boblo

boblo Member

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT BUG REPORT: Tiny dots bug is not present in Home Theater app, but in MEDIA CENTER App. My mistake, sorry for the inconvenience. In addition, now I can claim that some texts appear overlapped when 'Font Size' is set to a size greater than 'Normal' under Android Advanced Settings. See example below.

PHOTO FOR GLITCH 1:
    2 static (not moving) tiny dots appear on Favorites section of MEDIA CENTER app. See the attached picture:
    HT App - FavorItes (Glitch).png

VIDEO FOR GLITCH 2:
    Tiny moving dots when browsing files on a drive in MEDIA CENTER. These moving dots do NOT appear with the default 'English (United States)' language selected or any other language that has no translations yet (I think so, you must study the exact conditions to reproduce this issue, because I don't know). In my case, this could be reproduced when the Spanish language has been selected.
    Download Link

I can guarantee those glitches are not produced by my TV, but the firmware.
    Tested with firmware 1.4.6.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  4. boblo

boblo Member

Media Center: 'Open With' Dialog bug.

When you select an unknown file type, Android allows to select an app to open with. The last option is semi-hidden in the application list (app name is illegible). This bug is language-independent.
    See the attached picture:
    MC Open With Bug.png

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  5. boblo

boblo Member

UNTRANSLATED TEXT AND OPTIONS IN SPANISH LANGUAGE.

Media Center

• Surrounded text is not translated when disc is a DVD (not a Blu-ray), also justification of paragraph is a bit odd with that leading space. See the attached picture:
    MC Untranslated text.png

My personal advice is to modify the original english message to:

This file is a disc image. Please choose the operation to be performed:
    [ Play ]
    [ Disc menu ]

Notice that disc could be a DVD or Blu-ray disc. I think this message is more suitable for both formats.
    • Surrounded option is not translated. See the attached picture:
    MC Untranslated text 2.png
    • Surrounded option from popup menu is not translated. See the attached picture:
    MC Untranslated option.png
    Zidoo Player
    • Surrounded options found in Play Mode menu are not translated. See the attached picture:
    ZP Untranslated options.png
    • Surrounded options found in Advanced menu are not translated. See the attached pictures:
    ZP Untranslated options 2.png
    ZP Untranslated options 3.png
    • BD-lite menu is NOT translated yet. See the attached picture:
    BD-lite menu untranslated.png
    • Exit dialog of Blu-ray menu is NOT translated yet. Also the message is not written in fine english. See the attached picture:
    BDlite menu dialog untranslated.png

Android Settings
    • Surrounded options found in Airplane Mode menu are not translated. See the attached picture:
    Android Settings - Airplane Mode.png
    • Surrounded sections found in Android root menu are not translated. See the attached picture:
    Android Settings - Untranslated Sections.png

Music Player
    • This app is not translated. See the attached picture:
    Music Player - Untranslated.JPG

Quick Settings
    • There are several sections not translated. See the attached pictures:
    Quick Settings - Untranslated Tab.png
    Quick Settings - Untranslated Tab 2.png
    Quick Settings - Untranslated Tab 3.png

Task Switcher
    • Surrounded text is not translated. See the attached picture:
    Task Switcher untranslated.png

There are other untranslated popup messages which appear for a second (they are hard to photograph) like 'Enter Mouse Mode' / 'Exit Mouse Mode' (when you enable/disable the mouse mode with the remote), 'Change TV system to [resolution] [refresh rate]' (when the device changes refresh rate) or 'Press the OK key to restart' / 'Restart playback' (when you resume a video with bookmarks enabled).

Spanish translation needs a revision. English translation from Chinese too. I can carry out both tasks if you want.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  6. boblo

boblo Member

OVERLAPPED/SEMI-HIDDEN TEXTS WITH SPANISH LANGUAGE

Cleanup App

Text is overlapped on Clear Cache option. See the attached picture:
    Cleanup - Clear Cache.png

Home Theater App
    There are texts very close to others or semi-hidden or hidden texts when Font Size is bigger than 'Normal' ('Large' or 'Huge'). See the attached pictures:
    HT app - Devices.png
    HT app - Settings - Device Manager.png

Video Information window (Popup menu > Advanced > Video information)
    When font is set to a size bigger than 'Normal' ('Large' or 'Huge'), file path is semi-hidden in text field. See the attached picture:
    Play Mode - Advanced - Video Information (Large Font).png

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  7. boblo

boblo Member

@mirror: Could you tell me something on this?

8. boblo

boblo Member

Is there any technician studying my bug reports? Thanks

9. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Thanks,We will fix it.

boblo likes this.
  10. boblo

boblo Member

I have updated post #5. Changes are enclosed in the green section.

Thanks again for your help.

11. bob

OK,Thanks

12. boblo

boblo Member

SMALL GLITCHES IN BD-LITE AUDIO/SUBTITLE SUBMENUS (ZIDOO PLAYER)
    • Strange characters in track list on audio submenu. See the attached picture:
    BDlite audio submenu list items ODD.png
    • Strange characters in subtitle list on subtitle submenu. See the attached picture:
    BDlite subtitle submenu list items ODD.png
    • List items have a dot after the number on popup menu of Zidoo Player (OK). I think this should be applicable to audio/subtitle submenus too. See the attached picture:
    Popup menu list items OK.png

13. boblo

boblo Member

@bob:
    I have posted more glitches. Also I've updated again post #5.

I hope this helps.

14. bob

OK,I will fix it.
    thanks

15. bob

16. boblo

boblo Member

Any internal bug not related with translations must be solved by Zidoo. I only can help with issues found in post #5.

I have enough time to review english and spanish translations. However, I think I must have permission of @freeroc to do that review, right? This was his last reply.
    But I told him that I just cannot post all corrections in this forum, so I need authorization to modify the spreadsheet in order to Zidoo merge the new message strings into next firmware. Did you get in touch with this person?

On the other hand, don't forget these bugs:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/bug-in-video-information-feature.5580/
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/bug-in-audio-information.5657/
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/bug-in-bd-lite-menu.5662/
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/bug-in-zidoo-player-with-disc-menus.5663/
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/bug-in-zidoo-player-with-task-switcher.5664/

Thanks, I appreciate your interest in my bug reports :)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  17. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Hi, boblo.
    You are welcome to contribute translations.
    Please do it by inserting comments.
    In this way, other people and I can revise them by comparing yours and old ones.
    What'd you think?
    Thanks.

18. boblo

boblo Member

Hi @freeroc,

Ok, I can start that revision right now, I have enough time until september more or less. But what type of comments are you using? I don't see any cell commented out. I only see a comment in the fourth row for some languages with date of translation and possibly last author.

Can I insert a comment in the following sample string using C-style comment?

'Press the OK button to restart /* String modified for clearness */'

Or could you put an example of a cell with a comment? Thanks.

19. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Right-click on the sheet you want to edit, and select "Insert comment"

boblo likes this.
  20. boblo

boblo Member

I'd like to give a new clue to Zidoo team to catch flaw #2 in post #3. You must press the Up/Down keys to scroll the file list. Then you'll see the tiny moving dots previously mentioned.

Thanks.