Feature Requests for Zidoo (X8/X9S/X10) - Waiting for zidoo revision

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by boblo, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Nice all those new features, all good ideas.
    My idea: Make the software stable first! Make it the first priority! Then add new features?

Greetings ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2017
    nice159 likes this.
  2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

not the place, please don't post your frustration's here.

3. jedpod

jedpod New Member

How abot using numerical keys for forward/backward jumps over defined number of seconds?
    For example:
    - backward ('1'= 10sec, '4' = 60 sec, '7' = 300 sec)
    - forward ('3'= 10sec, '6' = 60 sec, '9' = 300 sec)
    I've got it on my PVR player (VuDuo) and found it much faster and convenient then enetering exact position in time (like: 1:32:12)

4. boblo

boblo Member

Request #15 is very similar to yours. And...
    However, I don't want to get rid from direct time search (exact position). It would be nice to have both.

5. zone555

zone555 New Member

External (Zidoo) player
    1. Add "forced only" as a subtitle language preference
    2. Display the subtitle description in the subtitle menu. For example, some movies have 3 english subtitles: regular, forced, SDH. Currently this is displayed as: 1) Eng, 2) Eng, 3) Eng. Would be more useful if displayed as: 1) English Regular, 2) English Forced, 3) English SDH

Sarco likes this.
  6. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

+1

7. bigkid0809

bigkid0809 New Member

Please put speed play(2x 4x 8x) function back on remote controller

8. boblo

boblo Member

@mirror:
    Thank you for your decisions. I have just seen my post edited now. But I'd like to know why the following requests cannot be fulfilled:
    I meant to add a new option under Quick Settings to leave the display on when the device enters stand-by mode (or power-off mode), like a normal DVD/Blu-ray recorder. Is this not technically possible? When this option is off, then the VFD would be powered off (current behaviour).
    Ok, I admit your decision, but I still think it's clearer for users to leave the hard disk icon reserved for the internal SATA drive.
    Yes, I already know Zidoo cannot buy a DivX license, but a license is not necessary. I didn't mean that. I meant that you could force the Zidoo player to play files with the 'DIVX' and 'DX50' FourCC in their headers. It's just a software trick. I've changed FourCC's to 'XVID' in my files and now they are perfectly playable with the native player. If currently the Zidoo player is able to play XviD files, then I'm pretty sure that it will be able to play DivX 5 files.
    Ok, it's a hardware limitation. But could you add a new drop-down list to the current interface of the HDMI In app to select audio bitrate like the video bitrate? Does the Realtek SDK allow to select specific audio bitrates or are they fixed for all video bitrates?

I appreciate your interest in my post. Thank you very much, indeed.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  9. boblo

boblo Member

Please check request #15 (new proposals section) and tell me if is what you want. Your request is a bit ambiguous.

10. bigkid0809

bigkid0809 New Member

Yes,that's what I want. It used to be existing by firmware version 1.4.3, then it was removed from since 1.4.4.

11. jedpod

jedpod New Member

You mean this one?
    "15. Bring back the feature present on firmware 1.4.3 to easily change playback speed (2x, 4x, 8x...) by pressing a key on the remote. I think you could use cursor keys to directly change speed without pressing first the play key."

It has got nothing in common with my proposal.

It is more like this:
    "7. Add an option to jump to a specific percentage of video by pressing a key on number pad, i.e., 1 for 10%, 2 for 20%, 3 for 30%... and so on."

But this functionality would be limited. For example, assuming the movie length equal to 90 minutes the step with #7 would be 9 minutes, then I need to search within 9 minutes slot using other options. The problem is always with reaching the exact position in time. You spend significant time to search for point within these 9 minutes slot, even if fast forward/backward is operational.

With my proposal for the same movie - I need to press the same key several times in row. Such repetition is very fast - for example jump to 0:45:27 position (= 2727 sec) needs 9 * "9" to get 2700 sec position and then 2 * "3" to get 2720 sec.
    Of course, it is possible to deploy not used "2" and "8" buttons to jump to 1/3 and 2/3 length of the movie, but I think it is not required. Even with my original proposal searching movie for the required position is very efficient.

Usually I don't remember exact time which I search for, browsing movie in 5 minutes steps refresh my memory on part already seen and lets me quicly identify part not seen yet.

When met this solution on VuDuo I wasn't big fan of it but now I consider it the best available.
    Request #7 is very like option available on my Dune HD player so I had opportunity to test both. VuDuo way is much more flexible.

12. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Mentioned on the forum elsewhere:

Please translate a valid subtitle SRT file with a valid 2-letter ISO 639-1 or 3-letter ISO 639-2 field into the designated full textual language choice. As a quick implementation you may just paste this field.

Examples:
    "nice movie.iso" with "nice movie.NL.SRT" " plus "nice movie.ES.SRT" or "nice movie.NLD.SRT" plus "nice movie.ESP.SRT" subtitle files.
    Should result in the additional subtitle choices "Nederlands" and "EspaƱol" to be added to the build in subtitles. Quick and easy implementation without ISO 639 table lookups "External subtitle NL" etc.

13. boblo

boblo Member

No, I renumbered the list when I updated it yesterday. You are right, now it's similar to #7 and this option has been already approved by Zidoo. Sorry, I don't think that Zidoo Team can implement both.

14. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

"2. Add an option to show clock on front VFD display when device is in stand-by mode."
    i can tell you this is probably related to the power chip they are using now. i was expecting not every rejection to have a reason, but @mirror does not mess around, if he rejected it, you can bet it has a good reason

boblo likes this.
  15. spawn_lmg

spawn_lmg Active Member Beta test group

@mirror
    This feature was done by Zappiti in its latest firmware! Will it be in your new firmware?
    DEI50nsW0AEzmYZ.jpg

windsaint, Vasco Saavedra and DELUCAS like this.
  16. rami

rami New Member

hi :)
    Please add background to subtitles, it is very helpful for those who need to see a movie with subtitles.
    Thanks...

17. windsaint

windsaint New Member

18. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

It is a fake switch. A marketing trick
    The device automatically determines the contents of the HDR and the EDID of the display device. Select output HDR or convert SDR

19. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Hi,

I would like add to the feature wishlist:

1. Media Player - option to display video filename on play start or loading

2. Media Player - Vertical mouse drag controls volume up or down

3. Media Player - Please make mouse click work reliably on menu icon

4. System Power - X7 has the ability to power the box up with the mouse, like to see it in X8, X9S and X10

If item 2 & 4 feature can be added to all the boxes mentioned above, then I don't need the remote control for my daily usage.

Thanks!

20. droiter

droiter Member

why Rejected Proposals:

"Display 2 subtitles at the same time on external Zidoo player (HT), because on the MX Player app is possible."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.