Feature Requests for Zidoo (X8/X9S/X10) - Waiting for zidoo revision

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by boblo, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boblo

boblo Member

Dear X8/X9S/X10 users:

You can post in this thread any feature request you want to enhance firmware functionality. Please try to be brief in your petition and make sure your request has not been submitted yet (it's not listed on new/accepted/rejected/being studied sections).
    Thank you for your feedback.

DISCLAIMER:
    This is a request-only thread, no bug or request that is bug related should be posted here.

New Proposals (LAST UPDATE: 2017-08-07)
    1. To have 3 modes for fan (silence or off or activated in the video). [ @droiter ]
    2. Via zdmc when you have finished watching a video with the external player (home teather), the video should automatically switch to "view" or "% of video view" in zdmc. [ @droiter ]
    3. In home theater app, manually edit the movie poster. [ @droiter ]
    4. In home theater to have directly the folder tab (movie, TV series, animation, etc ...) according to HDD & listed directly. [ @droiter ]
    5. In home theater app, have a description of the movie when it is paused + have the stop button & infos in the video. [ @droiter ]
    6. in home theater app, ability to download the subtitles directly in the folder where the video is located + choice of subtitle site (opensubtitle, subscene, etc ...). [ @droiter ]
    7. Better 3D Zidoo logo on start up [ @DELUCAS ]
    8. A little mark / colour in top corner of an app on your desktop denoting an update is available for this app. [ @DELUCAS ]
    9. Ability to use third party remotes like the Nvidia shield talk function to talk and play a movie like "Play Prometheus Movie " stored on your hard drive. [ @DELUCAS ]
    10. More movie posters showing on screen in the Home theater app instead of say just circa 10. [ @DELUCAS ]
    11. Dolby Vision ( even a paid update made) future proof our boxes and should of been on the X10 as its the high end model so to speak. [ @DELUCAS ]
    12. Better modern new design looking home screen or a choice. [ @DELUCAS ]
    13. Add "forced only" as a subtitle language preference [ @zone555 ]
    14. Display the subtitle description in the subtitle menu. For example, some movies have 3 english subtitles: regular, forced, SDH. Currently this is displayed as: 1) Eng, 2) Eng, 3) Eng. Would be more useful if displayed as: 1) English Regular, 2) English Forced, 3) English SDH. [ @zone555 ]
    15. Bring back the feature present on firmware 1.4.3 to easily change playback speed (2x, 4x, 8x...) by pressing a key on the remote. I think you could use cursor keys to directly change speed without pressing first the play key. [ @bigkid0809 ]
    16. Translate a valid subtitle SRT file with a valid 2-letter ISO 639-1 or 3-letter ISO 639-2 field into the designated full textual language choice. As a quick implementation you may just paste this field. Examples: "nice movie.iso" with "nice movie.NL.SRT" " plus "nice movie.ES.SRT" or "nice movie.NLD.SRT" plus "nice movie.ESP.SRT" subtitle files. Should result in the additional subtitle choices "Nederlands" and "EspaƱol" to be added to the build in subtitles. [ @Nice Monkey ]
    17. Add background to subtitles, it is very helpful for those who need to see a movie with subtitles. [ @rami ]
    18. Media Player: Option to display video filename on play start or loading. [ @Ayokoya ]
    19. Media Player: Vertical mouse drag controls volume up or down. [ @Ayokoya ]
    20. Media Player: Make mouse click work reliably on menu icon. [ @Ayokoya ]
    21. System Power: X7 has the ability to power the box up with the mouse, like to see it in X8, X9S and X10. [ @Ayokoya ]
    22. Hide all menus after subtitles download (same as Kodi player). [ @gaki ]
    23. Possibility to adjust audio sync during playback. (same as Kodi player) [ @gaki ]
    24. Improve the bookmarks feature: not only resume video at previous position, also select previous audio track (if there is more than one) and subtitle (if available). [ @boblo ]
    Edit by Mirror:
    Accepted Proposals:
    1. Remove leading zero on front VFD display for clock funtion when current hour is less than 10. Currently time is displayed in a non-standard way. Examples: 00:00 (current format, wrong) -> 0:00 (right), 01:00 (current format, wrong) -> 1:00 (right) and so on.
    2. X10 only: Improve accuracy of playtime counter shown on front VFD display. Frequently playtime counter (at normal speed) jumps forward 2 seconds to reflect current playtime rather than 1 second (like a normal clock)
    3. Change immediately pictures (left & right) without latency with a blurred image on Photo Gallery app.
    4. Support DVD folder structure (VIDEO_TS / AUDIO_TS) playback.
    5. Add an option to set current luminance level to 0-255/16-235.
    6. Add an option to display remaining play time on front display.
    7. Add an option to jump to a specific percentage of video by pressing a key on number pad, i.e., 1 for 10%, 2 for 20%, 3 for 30%... and so on.
    8. Ability to manually flag movies (and TV shows) so that they are grouped as Episodes (Zidoo term) within the Home Theater app. For example, Alien and Alien 3 movies are grouped, but Alien 2 and 4 are not.
    9. Add a power icon on the Home splash screen (useful if you use another remote).
    Rejected Proposals:
    Please respect zidoo decision and not ask for reasons on every reject.
    1. Add an option to show clock on front VFD display when device is in stand-by mode.
    2. X10 only: Show the USB trident icon on front VFD display for portable hard disk drives too (not only for pen drives), and leave the hard disk icon reserved only for internal SATA hard drive. This is less confusing, because a portable HDD is also an USB device.
    3. Display 2 subtitles at the same time on external Zidoo player (HT), because on the MX Player app is possible.
    4. Support DIVX video playback. DIVX videos can be played by using the internal XVID codec on videos with "DIVX" or "DX50" FourCC. This was confirmed by users from this forum who changed the FourCC to "XVID" in their files and now they are playable. XVID is very compatible with DIVX (at least up to DIVX 5). There will be no official support. License related.
    5. Improve HDMI In recording app with selectable audio bitrates up to 256Kbps and increase maximum video bitrate to 15Mbps. Chipset limited.
    6. Improve video upscaling with Bicubic/bilinear interpolation algorithm as Popcorn Hour players do (Sigma Designs chipset).
    7. In ZDMC 3D ISOs are not labelled as '3D' in the movie list (i.e., bottom right corner where it says 1080p, aspect ratio...)
    Proposals being studied:
    1. Add a new fixed zoom mode to display 4:3 videos without black bars, fitting the 4:3 image to left and right and missing ("cutting") the top and bottom a bit.
    2. Display current bitrate in real time on codec information window.
    3. Auto flip eyes for right eye first 3D movies launched in external player.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    dudul, zone555, DELUCAS and 4 others like this.
  2. boblo

boblo Member

(Reserved)

3. wesk05

wesk05 Member Beta test group

This is invitation for lawsuit from Intel and partners. See what happened to HDFury.

4. boblo

boblo Member

Removed. I don't want to get Zidoo into trouble. Thanks for the heads up.

5. spring

spring Guest

the limited mode and full mode(16~235 1~255) depend on the EDID of TV.

6. boblo

boblo Member

Hi spring,

Yes, but my 8-years old Dvico TVIX 6500A media player has this setting, so I think you could study its implementation. My old player creates a file called EDID_{TV_BRAND}_0xBF00_0x00000000.ted on root directory of a mass storage device with EDID information.

However, I think it has more priority things like DVD folder structure support, DivX playback and display remaining time (features already present on Egreat players, so it should not be hard to implement). Also it would be nice to revamp the HDMI In app with selectable bitrates for audio and with higher values. I don't know if the HDMI In app is supplied by Realtek and you cannot improve it, because all RTD1295-based players has the same app with the same settings. But if you can improve it, you get another selling point for Zidoo players being different from the rest.

Thanks

7. droiter

droiter Member

possible to display 2 subtitles at the same time on the external zidooplayer (HT) because on mxplayer it is possible.
    and
    galery possible juste left and right change the picture +link folder.

8. boblo

boblo Member

Could you elaborate this request? I don't understand.

9. droiter

droiter Member

- I would like that with the remote control I can change pictures directly (left & right) and that it is instantaneous, because there is a latency with a blurred image for a second and the most important have direct access to the tree Of the hard drive.

- also have access to the internal memory of the box via samba.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  10. boblo

boblo Member

Did you mean photo gallery app or what? Please specify which app is involved. Also please elaborate the latter request.
    This is perfectly clear, added. Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  11. droiter

droiter Member

Yes galery app.
    But ideally can do following directly via file manager

12. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Correctly removed as I agree Egreat should not go down that road. Never use HDMI-IN myself, remark was just meant to reflect that it apparently is technically feasible.

13. boblo

boblo Member

Added, thanks.

14. droiter

droiter Member

- have 3 modes for the fan (silence or off or activated in the video).

- via zdmc when you have finished watching a video with the external player (home teather), the video should automatically switch to "view" or "% of video view" in zdmc.

- in the home theater can manually edit the movie poster.

- in the home theater to have directly the folder tab (movie, serieTV, animation, etc ...) according to HDD & listed directly.

- in the home theater have a description of the movie when it is paused + have the stop button & infos in the video.

- in home theater can download the subtitles directly in the folder where the video is located + choice of subtitle site (opensubtitle, subscene, etc ...).

Home theater with huge potential, it could replace zdmc / kodi if it had more functionality & flexible.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  15. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

1 Bit rate on screen Display is a must !

2 Better 3D Dimensional Zidoo logo on start up

3 Dont know if already has or mentioned a little mark / colour in top corner of an app on your desktop denoting an update is available for this app .

4 using third party remotes like the Nvidia shield talk function to talk and play a movie like "Play Prometheus Movie " stored on your hard drive
    A cool function .

5 More movie posters showing on screen in the Hometheater app instead of say just circa 10 .

6 Dolby Vision ( even a paid update made ) future proof our boxes and should of been on the X10 as its the high end model so to speak .

7 Better modern new design looking home screen or a choice .

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  16. boblo

boblo Member

Please don't post more requests until Zidoo confirm which of them will be accepted/rejected. Thank you for your understanding.

17. boblo

boblo Member

@droiter: I have been told that access to internal memory through Samba is already possible, so I have removed your petition from the list. I hope you understand it.

18. droiter

droiter Member

Openwrt this not possible

19. droiter

droiter Member

Solve the dlna bug.
    When you turn the box off and on, there is nothing in the dlna server.
    I have to go to openwrt every time and validate the config, so that it works especially if it does not keep the old dlna file list in memory, it redraws a new list instead of updating the old list.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2017
  20. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

This is not a BUG thread, don't post that here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.