New firmware v1.4.6 version for ZIDOO X9S released

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Icy

Icy New Member

This is perfectly normal, there is no mistake in that file, and it's why the player is bugged...

Many(if not all) Pal DVD are stored in 720x576 format, so ar many divx/mkv.
    Then the PAR (pixel aspect ratio) information should be read(square or rectangle shape), to determine if the final picture will be displayed as 4:3 or 16:9, not only a basic resolution guess (720/576 = 4:3)
    This is a basic video rendering information that should be taken into account by the player, wich is not the case ;)

darksider11 likes this.
  2. tosh123

tosh123 Member

Can you remux the file via MKVtoolnix and set the aspect to 1024x5xx?

3. anman

anman New Member

openwrt in folder /dev no /dev/sata

Wed Jun 28 15:29:15 2017 daemon.err uhttpd[10377]: ls: cannot access /dev/sata[a-z]: No such file or directory

hdd sata3 is present in /dev/sda1

4. polakis

polakis Member

When we will get a normal stable firm and not beta?

5. laola

laola Member

so basiclly everything works fine with LiveTV (without DD 5.1 - stereo only) and mkv files.

However, none of my ISO files could be played (extrem slow mothion without audio - files on my NAS, wired connection) No matter whether 2D or 3D. This is actually somthing bad...

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  6. X8fan

X8fan Member

Is ZDMC 17.1 beta firmware required for this latest system firmware v1.4.6 to run properly?

7. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

ZDMC 17.1 is beta for 2 months and has many problems.
    I wonder if Zidoo is doing anything about it ...they don't provide any communication about a new release.
    I'm back with the old ZDMC 16.4.13 ...it's not great but it works ok most of the time.

8. darko10

darko10 New Member

Confirm

9. Look, I see a lot of people complaining about the new 1.4.6 In my case it's very good everything working, has its defects yes, but for what I use to watch MKV movies, HD 4k and ISO is alright

It can improve, I believe that in the next versions it improves

sprengbox likes this.
  10. Tukker

Tukker Member

Correct, what i did was install the latest kodi 17 and use that version to scrape movies and series in your own
    language. Then export info (in settings-video) to multiple items to your nas or hdd.
    Then zxmb 16 will read that correct info. I know more work but what else? :)

For 3D movie lovers like myself, another tip is that if you have ripped your iso`s to mkv with sepererate srt,
    it wont play the subs in 3d....but after movie starts go to menu, 3d settings and press 2d....with for 2 seconds
    for movie to go into 2d mode....then press 3d again....wait for movie to go into 3d mode again and voila...
    subs are in 3d !
    Nice weekend everyone.

11. tibilica

tibilica New Member

Man, do you read posts, or you just write something randomly???
    When I try to boot normally I get: "Unfortunately Zidoo COOL has stopped" and cannot get past that!!!
    My box is bricked.

12. darksider11

darksider11 Member

Sometimes some videos with trueHD or dts hd the sound disappears I have to stop the video and play again

13. laola

laola Member

are the ISO's really working for you ? That's my concern - they don't work at all...

14. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

Thank you for this tip. when 3D subtitles aren't played in 3D its a major distraction.

15. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

New Update works fine here, thnx Zidoo! No problems found with the external player so far.
    Looking forward to the new update with the intern .srt tags support.

-Maybe you guys can add some options how you display the movie posters on the Home Theater button? (Now you can only scroll horizontal. I like to scroll vertical.)
    -Maybe an option to change the size of the poster also?
    -And an automatic scan update function of the movie posters and info when you click Home Theater button as an option...is that possible?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  16. laola

laola Member

maybe I should mention that I am using Kodi 17.1 where the ISO's won't be played

17. donny

donny Member

Hi,
    Can I use Hdmi IN hack to record everything?
    Has anyone tried if it works?
    thanks

18. Kilonga

Kilonga New Member

I am having a problem with all Dolby TrueHD/Atmos audio. I get the error "Unknown audio format".

19. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

I get the error too however TrueHD is still being bitstreamed properly to my receiver.

20. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

For me, this error message just displays at the beginning of the movie once. The sound is OK the whole movie though.