New firmware v1.4.4 version for ZIDOO X9S released

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Still no new update after the announcement. Checking in for 3 weeks now :O
    Must be a good update ;)

darksider11 likes this.
  2. ScottJ

ScottJ New Member

Obviously, all of their attention is on the release of the X7. You would think they would concentrate on releasing a completed product first, before adding yet another incomplete product. The X8, X9S, and X10 are all based on the RTD1295, so it basically the same code base. The X7 is based on the the RockChip RK3328, so their engineers are all distracted trying to get that new chipset to work.

3. Igor!

Igor! New Member

Is there feedback from developers in this forum? I think we are talking to ourselves.

4. boblo

boblo Member

I have two questions for all X9S owners using this firmware version:

- Which is the current DVD menu navigation status? Is it fully implemented?
    - Can you zoom in/out the picture? If so, can you do it in several steps?

Thanks in advance.

5. sem1903

sem1903 New Member

actually i bored to wait for a stable firmware i am in 3 month with zidoo x9s still no stable

6. Henk Jan Baard

Henk Jan Baard New Member Beta test group

I discovered that TrueHD isn't downmixed on my X9S with version 1.4.4 but DTS HD is.
    Looks like a bug to me...

7. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

It's quite amazing the silence of Zidoo... they don't inform anything. All the info we get is from other users or rumors.
    Zidoo is a hi-end product and quite expensive vs. other Chinese manufacturers - I was expecting much better support and much more stable releases.

8. dimipapa

dimipapa New Member

When will they have the new firmware with many fixes..?

9. circular

circular Member

10. dimipapa

dimipapa New Member

I mean official and final...

11. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

And not available neither to Beta Testers, or at least to me...

12. zilou

zilou New Member

An update for DolbyVision?

13. Anyone have idea or news of when will have the new firmware V.1.4.5

BoRa and darksider11 like this.
  14. Tukker

Tukker Member

Whatever firmware will be released 1.45 of 1.60 many bugs will still be present. As Android is not made as an os for high end movie playback. The thing is the realtek chip is once again a poor try to launch a good multimedia chip. After the rtd1186 for Mede8er they never made a succeror follow up. Even now that 6 year old chipset does a better job than this zidoo used new one.
    The good news is we did not buy a $200.000 Ferrari online, who afterwarts , like zidoo, seems tot miss a powerfull engine.
    Just throw this player on the bbq for heating and buy a better chipset media player!

15. sem1903

sem1903 New Member

i miss my ex 1186 player too it was extremely stable

16. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Still have a pair of RTD1186 based Eminent EM7385 players. For pure DVD/BD/3D playback, music and picture viewing old Eminent players are extremely stable and offer a very good quality picture. They even run with a 8 TByte HDD inserted (most 1186 based alternatives run out of memory with big HDD's). Obviously no additional APP's to speak of, no KODI and no 4K / UHD/ HDR. Occasionally I still use these as the new players still don't beat them for that purpose, which frankly disappoints me too.

Easy to get one cheap via Ebay or equivalent. This is what I did. ;)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  17. Igor!

Igor! New Member

Errors in the HDMI CEC ignored again?..

18. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

HDMI-CEC is build into Android and is of bad quality for all generations on any Android player (slightly improved step wise up till Android 7). The only way to solve this in my view/experience is by disabling that code entirely and replacing it by a from scratch build HDMI-CEC APP. Assisted in the past doing so on Enigma OS based STB tuners.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    gaki likes this.
  19. Baldo

Baldo New Member

I expected from zidoo a fast update for the most important bugs (eg: USB 3). I am disappointed.

20. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Lots of users with serious probs here. Then there is an announcement and there is some hope...
    Maybe their expensive MP will work as promised?
    But no, there is no new update. Maybe next month?

I have no realy big problems. But the communication to the user *******
    Is it too much to ask to give some status update to the users?
    I never buy a Zidoo again. Don't think anyone can recommend this

Goekays, BoRa and darksider11 like this.