New firmware v1.4.4 version for ZIDOO X9S released

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Apr 18, 2017.

1. BoRa

BoRa New Member

I have no documented feedback or detailed bug reports because i make a phone call a Turkey Zidoo distrubution channel Arsey Ticaret owner Mr. Sedat and tell them and he said new patched firmware coming soon. I wait for a week and after that i decided to wrote here.

Main problem is when i start a watching movie it's freezing after 5-10 minutes and after that i restart with main power button, And also after 1.4.4. fw it can be frozen also main menu, clear the cache menu etc. and same problem solver is restart the machine with power button. Any of previous firmware never happened any of this.

For me it's a huge problem with a firmware. İsn't for you ?

2. JCJMC

JCJMC Member

From this latest firmware and also from the last version of internal player, I have noticed, sometimes, lost frames or small jumps in the image ¿happen to someone else? Thank you.

Goekays and darksider11 like this.
  3. darksider11

darksider11 Member

This happens to me too

4. spawn_lmg

spawn_lmg Active Member Beta test group

Dont work "Clash royale" game!

5. Baldo

Baldo New Member

try to use the USB2 port, not USB3. I solved this way, waithing the new fw and bug fix.

6. X8fan

X8fan Member

Does anyone use Zidoo Media Theatre to play blu-ray movies? I'm forced to use this app to get Blu-ray menus, which works great. But there is one big problem. The "intelligent-scanning" feature keeps getting the movie title wrong.

Why can't Zidoo Media Theatre read/display the .xml files located inside the movie folder that contain proper movie info instead of trying to do its own movie name matching, which is not accurate at all.

7. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

I agree with the above, mentioned before about the scanning but was ignored.

X8fan likes this.
  8. X8fan

X8fan Member

I think either Zidoo Media Theatre should allow us to type in the movie name or read the various types of media info files such as .xml that is compatible with Kodi, Emby etc.

9. Henry

Henry New Member

Or they should adopt the Media Center technology to the Kodi Wrapper player

X8fan likes this.
  10. X8fan

X8fan Member

I don't know what "Media Center Technology" is, but in principle I agree, as long as the movie files are recognized properly. Right now some of my movies are so incorrectly mislabeled.

11. Rumootje

Rumootje Member

You can edit the information from by using the identification number. In this all my movies are displayed properly.

12. X8fan

X8fan Member

Identification number? Please explain?

13. Rumootje

Rumootje Member

In Media Theater you can edit any movie under options. First you have to find the specific movie in IMDB. When you have found this, the identificationnumber will be displayed in the URL and is something like TTxxxxxxxx. Fill in this number on the spot where you edit the movie and hit update.

X8fan likes this.
  14. BoRa

BoRa New Member

Try it before nothings changed,

Repeat it again fw 1.4.4 the worst firmware in zidoo history and lots of people flash firmware to back 1.3.3 or older fw

Goekays and darksider11 like this.
  15. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

I only use the external player, and i have no problems. All works perfect with the new update.
    Only Blu Ray menu function doesn't run smooth. But i don't care.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  16. wongja

wongja New Member

is usb2.0 fast enough for 4k video playback?
    as my usb3.0 port seems to have issue that the portable hdd would disconnect sometimes and only reboot fix the problem.

And most of the time i am playing 720p mkv (dramas) with it.

17. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

Hopefully Zidoo will fix this F/w soon
    V1.4.4 is a bad firmware with major issues...I had to go back to v1.2.12

18. anman

anman New Member

Bug remained, there is no transition to the temperature in Celsius in the extended weather characteristics when viewing by date.

19. wongja

wongja New Member

Revert the fw to 1.3.0 beta
    Now everything works fine

Smb subtitle works well now
    Usb3.0 is stable
    I am not going back to 1.4 until 1.4.5 comes out...

20. Tukker

Tukker Member

One by one all addons are failling.....movie scrapers, openweathermap extended, cirrus es skin layout ect ect.
    Better to buy a dedicated kodi machine like the odroid c2. I dont like to be dependent on zidoo`s upgrade
    every time kodi fails again.