New firmware v1.4.4 version for ZIDOO X9S released

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Apr 18, 2017.

1. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Chill man. Use the power of option under powermanagemen setting if that works.

2. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

It happened to me with 1.3.0 too.

3. -the Usb3.0 port now only works as a Usb2.0 port, when it used to work as a usb3.0 the led in my external hard drive turned blue, now it only turn white, and copy speed is slow, I think it's related to something you modified to make Airmouses work better, no usb3.0 means no interference with wireless devices.

4. Tapatio

Tapatio New Member

5. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

I'm using a wireless keyboard. It used to work really good with old firmware. Now it's not very responsive. I don't think it's something to do with interference with USB3.0.

6. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

Looks like this f/w is not worth installing... too many major issues.
    Hopefully zidoo is going to something about it.

7. gaki

gaki Member

Yes right, let's judge this firmware by what it "looks like" not actually trying it :rolleyes:

8. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

I need a USB 3.0 speed... without it there's no point upgrading from my stable v 1.2.12

9. spring

spring Guest

Hi
    abount the standy mode. we will do more test.

10. spring

spring Guest

about the cec function, we have not change it in the new version.

11. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

How about the usb 3.0 speed?

12. gaki

gaki Member

It's not what i call "too many major issues".

13. jerome

jerome New Member

merci mec,bon travail...thx buddy,good job.

14. MicleCh

MicleCh New Member

HDMI CEC working until Zidoo go to sleep mode (power off TV). After power on TV, Zidoo stated sleeping, and AVR too.
    With remote control Zidoo not activated (only switch on back side).

15. donny

donny Member

I'm recording a movie from HDM IN(connected to sat receiver) and I turn off the TV,from the main button on the monitor.I cannot turn off the tv, from remote control but only from the principal button,without to stop the recording.
    When I turn on the TV,from main switch,or from remote control,the recording in progress it stops,is interrupted.The problem is the same also in this new version,it's changed that I read a message of notice.The zidoo is connected to monitor only with HDMI Out,and Hdmi cec is off. I tried on two tv monitor.I hope can be fixed.
    best regards

16. Mario Johnson

Mario Johnson New Member

I don't know if this anything to do with the firmware update, but before i had ZDMC and Kodi but now i can only have one or the other, not both (after a reset).

17. warren_wh

warren_wh Active Member Staff Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

18. Roger Kao

Roger Kao New Member

Hi, Zidoo team.

I have a question to ask, does X9S support USB 3.1 device?
    I just buy a flash drive which is USB 3.1 (SP USB 3.1 Flash Drive BLAZE B21 256G).
    And once I pluged in it into USB 3.0 port on the X9S, the X9S became very slow, and even no response.
    And HDMI In won't work correctly.
    Before this, I was using PNY USB 3.0 128G, and it worked very fine.
    Since the format of these 2 devices both are exFat, so I don't think it's format issue.
    So I guess it's because USB3.1 or the capacity is too large(256G USB flash drive)?
    Would you please help to check this? If it's USB3.1 issue, I will just change the device.

P.S. FW version 1.4.4 seems to change the bitrate to 20M? Now I record HDMI In with bitrate 10M will get file twice large than version 1.3, 4.2GB/hr with fw1.3 and about 8.6GB/hr with fw1.4.4. That's why I change my flash drive to 256G to get more recording time.

19. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

why spend money on a 256gb flash drive ? those are expensive, you can get a external 1-2TB external HDD for that money

20. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The only advantage of using Flash is that these make no sound and stay cool. There are no performance benefits as it is used for Data only. For that money I buy you a 3 TByte 3.5 inch External HDD enclosure.