How to remove ROOT completely?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by cyber7, May 2, 2017.

1. cyber7

cyber7 Active Member Beta test group

My stream supplier needs an unrooted device. How do I completely unroot it?

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

This is a old and debated bug, even with no root, some apps still detect box as rooted, Some reported that root + HDMI hack did actually work for boxes that where detecting root, not just the HDMI port , but never tested myself, If that does not work, try a PM to spring/mirror and include the APK file.

3. cyber7

But... HOW do I unroot it? Is there not some kind of binaries left in the root of the device that I need to get rid of?

Steps to unroot would be nice...

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

there are no steps, if you root with the app, you unroot with the app. If you did not root with the app, you are out of luck, the box is not actually rooted, probably has some modifications in android that the app detects as root, but it's definitely not rooted

5. cyber7

@spring and @mirror Do you guys have a resolution for me? My streamer detects the device as rooted...

6. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

cyber7, I totally agree with you.
    I'm not a whiner or complainer, but asked Zidoo may times an answer about a real full "unroot" (and a re-root) for this or better all Zidoo device. I think that an answer, even if a "not possible" is better then silence.

7. Dairy_Farmer

Dairy_Farmer Member

I have tried all the ways of removing root. Most root checkers do not see the Zidoo as rooted. But some apps mistakenly see it as rooted. This even happens on big name tablets too, so not unique to Zidoo. I even resorted to trying root hiders but all failed as they need root access to work. And as the Zidoo is not rooted, they don't work. I did not go as far as actually rooting the device and then trying.

In short, some apps mistakenly see the Zidoo as rooted when it is not. There is no known fix.

8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

You just need the one key root apk for root. You can try

9. cyber7

Hi @HaoSs
    I do not want to root it, I want all signs of root to be removed. I seem to recall somewhere that the root binary has been left in the system folder/partition and hopefully this is true... I will download and look if it is so.

It might also be the "OpenWRT" package/partition is triggering this...

10. cyber7

Yup, I was right! There is a "su" binary sitting in the "\system\xbin\" folder.
    ps 1 - Well, I checked the 1.2.11 release, I will check the 1.4.4 version when I get home...
    ps 2 - I do not know what other binaries/folders might be looked at when a streamer looks for root...

11. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

was saying to root and try a root hider app. can you PM me the apk ? i can try the exposed metode, as i already have root and exposed installed

12. cyber7

If you are talking about the Cable Streaming APK, this is from DSTV and freely available on the app store. It will not help you, though because it is bound to your subscription id.

However, the APP starts fine, it is when you start streaming that the APP pops up a warning that the device is rooted.

STEPS I am going to do to see if I can fix it (later today/tonight):
    • Root the x9s.
    • Using ADB, mount the /system as RW and then delete the "/system/xbin/su" binary.
    • Full un-root the x9s
    • Reboot and retry to play a stream.
    If this works, then we know that at least the South African Satellite provider checks this specific folder, else I will have to look further.

13. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Somewhere someone reported that is also possible that root detection routines looks at build.prop contents. Seems that some contents are typical of rooted devices...

14. grapenose

grapenose Member

I'm having the same problem with trying to get All 4 ( UK TV company ) they inform me that I'm unable to download or view content on my rooted device.
    I bought the box specifically for BBC iplayer and All 4. Neither of them work properly

15. georgios

georgios New Member

Any update? :)

16. grapenose

grapenose Member

Still the same.
    Basically I have given up.
    Zidoo need to get their act together and get accredited .
    Box is sitting doing nothing. When I get around to it I will put it on ebay and cut my losses.