Kodi Update to 17.1 or else "dead"

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Bogdan, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Bogdan

Bogdan Member

Hi!
    As released in the Kodi environment, the update to 17.1 is mandatory since "More and more streaming sites are moving to HTTPS, and older versions of Kodi do not offer HTTPS support".
    The full article here:
    https://www.tvaddons.ag/upgrade-kodi-krypton/
    I expect some effort from Zidoo developers to bring back to life the X6 Pro.
    Any comments, thoughts?

2. agmarco

agmarco Member

I totaly agree. There was some news about a update which should arrive last week. We wait and see. Sometimes I wonder how much X6 Pro devices where sold as I don't see a lot of people backing us up in our quest for support and updates for our device.

nice159 likes this.
  3. Jack Black

Jack Black New Member

Definitely, there's no help or answer whatsoever.. an update is in order, but no one sees this forum from the company, it seems.

4. bigpoppapaul

bigpoppapaul Member

We don't even need a "full" update, just an upgraded version of ZDMC would be a great start.

5. villasg

villasg New Member

Yes same too i wait for the upgraded version of ZDMC to 17.1 because with the new rules ( https ) cannot enjoy my box / kodi app

6. nice159

nice159 Active Member

They are busy with fixing ocean waves sounds for Eversolo noise generator. o_O

7. villasg

villasg New Member

Now i use FTMC 16.1 Rockchip Build 25 .
    All are OK and have https !!!

nice159 and alitriple like this.
  8. w3bow

w3bow New Member

Does anyone have an idea as to when Zidoo is going to release a newer version of ZDMC ? I just bought this box not too long ago and now I cant use ZDMC on some of my apps such as USTV.

9. atony

atony Member

well leave ZDMC alone and install Kodi 17 that is the easy thing to do as of now i dont have a problem with Kodi 16 or 15 whatever the version is on ZDMC but when i do i will install kodi 17 i will not be waiting for Zidoo to do it.

10. agmarco

agmarco Member

I
    I think the issue is that Kodi doesn't run that well on our X6 because of limitations of the chipset. That is why we need ZDMC. But maybe some wizzkid might be able to tweak Kodi settings so it will work for us. Meanwhile I will wait for Zidoo team to surprise us.

11. nice159

nice159 Active Member

No. We need a proper support from Zidoo and the new ZDMC. What surprise? Maybe for the box to start working as it was advertised @spring @mirror
    I can't believe there is not a single word from them in months. I also can't believe I bought this crappy box from this crap company in the first place. Reading all those fake ass paid reviews about "great" X6 "Pro" and a bunch of lies about Zidoo "long term support". Support died after 10 months.

12. agmarco

agmarco Member

I don't agree at some points. Some A branded tv's stop having updates after a year. And also no reaction on the complaints of customers. Let me be clear that I really don't like that but it happens. For most of the time Zidoo team delivered updates. I still hope they will provide us an update but it wil always get to the point the hardware will be the limitation.
    I still want a list with all work in progress so we know what we can expect. For all devices as sticky thread.

13. nice159

nice159 Active Member

What tv's? My 2013 Samsung still getting updates. The point is that THEY DO NOT WANT to support X6 because of new models. Every few months - new box model. Who cares if it work like a crap again.

14. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

update after 4 years ? from Samsung ? i need a screenshot to believe that

15. nice159

nice159 Active Member

20170421_082623.png
    As you can see the latest update was at the end of january 2017. For a 2013 model TV! And you can bet support will continue.

16. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

That's something you don't see every day... that's something you don't at all... call me impressed

17. agmarco

agmarco Member

Impressive indeed. I have a Samsung and Philips TV and I am not that lucky. I don't want to be negative about the Zidoo team but I have to say it is time we receive some updates.
    I have the X8 and the X6 Pro and for both it is quite way to long. @HaoSs can you maybe talk with Zidoo if it is possible to show us the Work in Progress? Might be helpful that we know what is still being supported and what we can expect.

18. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i was thinking on talking with freeroc about that, make a topic with monthly updates. but the chance of that happening i think is about 20%.

i can tell you this tho.
    x6 pro firmware is under testing
    x9s firmware should be here soon

there should also be a zdmc based on kodi 17, not sure when

agmarco likes this.
  19. villasg

villasg New Member

I hope see new firmware with zdmc 17.1 soon .

20. cobra78

cobra78 Member

Zdmc 17.1 will only be for X9S not X6 and use an external video player.
    You can use RKMC, Rockchip's own Kodi instead as it so much more updated then the old ZDMC.