powering off issue

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X8' started by Bruce Dempsey, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Bruce Dempsey

Bruce Dempsey Member

Hello
    Has any one found a quick way to power off the x8 with the remote
    I push the off on red button on the remote but just get to select what happens when the off on button is pushed.
    I would like the x8 to power down right away but it doesn't
    Maybe using the hardware off on button on the unit is the way to go but it behaves the same way as the remote
    How about pulling the ac power cable? Is that a bad idea?

2. solve2001

solve2001 New Member

Holding the power off button then you can see the menu to change the behavior.

HaoSs likes this.
  3. le123cn

le123cn New Member

i want one button power off

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

read the post above you. HOLDING the power button will bring a menu, from there you can select the power button to shutdown when pressed once

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

In fact I don't find this behavior really nice in practice. Very often the button is pressed slightly too long and then this (then annoying) choice pop's up instead of just powering off as desired. Happens to me specifically while the TV is on another HDMI port so it is done in the blind with the result nothing happens (stuck on that menu). I would move this, in itself nice choice, to the quick settings menu instead. People don't want to change this constantly and I feel it is a lot more convenient being placed there.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  6. Reuven

Reuven New Member

enable HDMI CEC and auto standby in android settings. This way when you turn TV off - the x8 will go asleep (assuming you use HDMI 1.4 up)