update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by greyhound1racing, Apr 4, 2017.

1. greyhound1racing

greyhound1racing New Member

hi lads is there any chance of an update for the x9 , kodi is now running krypton on 5, if no update from the x9s 4, it renders my boxes useless, krypton needs 5 to run correctly, if no update is forthcoming can you let us know, thank you.

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

don't hold your breath over it

3. greyhound1racing

i have emailed support 3 times with no reply, are we to assume that once we buy a box from zidoo we are on our own !!!!!! no updates,?? so my two x9s are now almost useless for accessing kodi ???

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

First thing. You are posting about x9s on the x9 forum. 2 different boxes. Post your problem on the right forum. We may be able to help you.
    Second thing. Never ask for firmware ETA. No one will give you one.

5. greyhound1racing

Sorry you misunderstood my post I am not referring to x9s, it means I have more than one x9 I have two of these boxes so therefore two x9s !! or if you prefer x9 x 2 hope that is clear ?? sorry if I misled anyone. but I have two of the x9 box which will shortly be obsolete as far as kodi goes !! cheers.

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

haha, i get it now.
    x9 is 2 years old, so i don't think it will get any more updated. That's how usually thing works in android world, its not a zidoo only thing. If they decide do update it, i will be impressed.

7. greyhound1racing

I am sorry my friend, but thats not how things work in the android world, whenever google release an update which is quite frequent,the manufacturer has the opportunity to push same update to their boxes, Zidoo choose not to, when Zidoo released these boxes they promised regular updates, thats why i bought two units, to my knowledge they were shipped with kit kat and nothing since, i might be wrong on that, if i am there has only been one update since these boxes were released, these boxes so iam led to believe are more than capable of updating, so what are we waiting for, will that be the same for all Zidoo boxes ???? in future ??? i have sent Zidoo 4 emails asking for a rely, i am still waiting , hard to recommend Zidoo isnt it. I must just add that both boxes have worked without any problems, just need an update !!!.

8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

If you expect " regular updates " till the end of times, you are naive. I don't say zidoo should not update the box. They should! Will they ? i don't think so :( . Personal opinion here, you are free to post on forum and send them emails, and i encourage you to do so, just want to make sure don't have to high expectations.

9. greyhound1racing

So you think I am naïve to expect regular updates !! Can I remind you this box has had only "one update in two years" and the advertising jargon for this box was "regular updates" what was the point of putting OTA software in this box if they had no intention of updating the box, again I must say good boxes, but anyone watching this thread and thinking of buying the new box "Zidoo 10" be carefull and read the replys from HaoSs, and don't expect "regular updates" and certainly, don't have high expectations.

10. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

whatever man, think what you want. be salty if that helps you. It's not like i have updates in my pocket and don't want you to have them.

11. greyhound1racing

Not being salty man, just asking the question and telling guys on this forum to be carefull, remember, I did not ask "you" to comment, if you can help great, if not enjoy your evening.

12. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i did help you. was just the response you did not want to hear :)

13. greyhound1racing

ok and thank you, I consider my self helped !!!

14. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

sorry man...

15. greyhound1racing

no need to feel sorry for me,

Hi michael
    this is a new kodi version, you can download it and install directly.
    https://kodi.tv/download
    thx!
    this is a reply I just received from support giving me a link to download "krypton" onto my devices, perhaps they don't understand that" krypton" needs android lollipop "5" to run krypton, if you have any contact with zidoo maybe you could inform them?? cheers

16. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

krypton needs android 5 for passtrough, if you don't use passtrough, should work just fine, if you use passtrough... well.... bad luck ?

17. ravo

ravo New Member

maybe the hardware in the x9 is not up to running android lollipop 5