New firmware v1.3.0 beta version for ZIDOO X9S released

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by mirror, Mar 4, 2017.

1. javarix

javarix Member

When is the next firmware version coming? Hope with improved hdmi in recording app. I have been waiting for months since 17. november. I bought my first x9s device from my 2 pieces which is fixed and finally is to be used. Hope it will soon be something. Otherwise I would change my 5 stars feedback for two devices on amazon. :p

2. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

You sure are an advance user and pushing the envelopes of your gadgets, I used to be like that until my wife took my head off and told me that if she cannot use my gadgets, then no more new gadgets for me :) Since then I don't dare push my luck with her and that's why I have very few issues with this box.

Sorry I can't help you....

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Is it possible to make External Subtitle time-shifting really a useful feature? Now it can adjust for 3 seconds which is nice for minor audio adjustments but not for subtitles.
    What I suggest is expanding this to 3 minutes (5 or 10) would even be better. Why?

With blu Ray as a source for ISO or MKV most movies regardless the studio which releases it use the same frame-rate and mostly also actual movie length. That is nice for external subtitles as they all could match. What often is different is the beginning/header added by the studio releasing the movie. As a consequence subtitles must be matched for the start point. Yes I know there are editors for that, but doing so for a one-time view? Specifically for in-flight/while-watching downloads this often leads to a disappointment as subtitles are way off.

Please consider this. For text based subs buffering even 10 minutes is peanuts regarding memory claims.

4. JGBMix

JGBMix New Member

Hello everybody, I'm very happy with the x9s. I would like to ask if is possible to add to the movie player info also the possibility to see the bit rate in real time, thank you also for the good work you're doing! :)

5. dferregu

dferregu Member

Dear friends.

Yesterday I tested the latest firmware 1.3.0 beta. I came from version 1.2.6

I have to say that 1.2.6 is more Robust and stable than 1.3.0... In general is my perception. I agree that maybe have more options but the basics are slower and it restart with no sense.

For example. when I push on any icon of IU it takes about 4 seconds to start the aplication... internet explorer, etc...
    Skypee do not work properly in 1.3.0 I have C270 logitech cam, cam works fine but inside a videoconference with skype I do not see the other side video.

Flipboard app still restart with no sense

In general I feel this new firmware are not as solid as before.

¿Can I downgrade to backup 1.2.6?

Best regards

javarix likes this.
  6. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Thx.
    I think you have a point. It should be improved.

7. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

You can downgrade from this 'Test' firmware to any firmware you like.
    Did you do a settings reset after firmware upgrade? Maybe that is why you are getting lag.

8. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

I think you can do it easily.
    BUT, I dont have the issue you describe. Try to make a clean install.
    No problem at all

Zidoo team when we will must expect the new firmware update?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

9. adil

adil New Member

have problem zidoo x9s in 3 minutes video stop and tv film stop my what should

10. adil

adil New Member

have problem zidoo x9s in 3 minutes video stop and tv film stop my what should

11. dferregu

dferregu Member

Dear DaMacFunkin
    I did a reset befor update, not after. Should i do a reset after?

12. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

I THINK it's better to "reset factory settings" AFTER every update. You don't have to do it but if you encounter some problematics after update, you can try to reset the box. Pretty much the same as updating your android phone.

13. zidology

zidology New Member

I think from the manufacturer we are treated here as stupid test dummies.
    Otherwise I can not imagine that at the moment.
    These advertised Bluray menu function work very, very badly. Not nearly as good as you can expect it from a normal bluray player. Even kodi can do that better.
    Zidoo, please make it finally right! Now!!
    And one more only:
    Make sure you finally fix all the other bugs with this X9s device torture us. And then first you can make great advertising for the x10!

Best regards

javarix likes this.
  14. javarix

javarix Member

I agree. But we wait for the upcoming firmware from zidoo. Maybe some errors are fixed. If not, I have 2 pieces from the z9s to sell.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  15. MortUK

MortUK New Member

We are talking about the "Beta test version" right.?

Not the finished version that gets released to the public.?

Mort..

16. zidology

zidology New Member

A beta version is something different. In my opinion this is an alpha version in an early laboratory phase !

When gets the public a bug free version at last?
    Maybe you are an Zidoo Envoy and can answer that. Maybe Zidoo answer itself...!
    Most people have already paid the devices.

Best regards

javarix likes this.
  17. javarix

javarix Member

Thats right. Thumbs up for you!

I have 2 of them paid, not as gift and have been waiting for months that I can use the HDMI IN App recording correctly. HDMI IN Recording App unfortunately still has many errors, it took months until now the problem with the recording in a single file was solved. Wait for the fixed jerky recordings at 50hz and 60hz sources. I hope this will come soon.

Here are many questions in the forum open and no answer to it. No response from professionals. the mostly response comes from beta testers. Where are the programmers and engineers ???

But let's look at the next firmware version. Hope it brings real improvements.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  18. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

programmers and engineers are doing there work, why should they be on the forum when there are allot of things to fix/improve ?

19. javarix

javarix Member

When I think about it, you're right. Assuming it is also fixed what we want here and need. And I hope it is the errors of hdmi recording app also fixed for jerky recordings.

Why is there no to do list for what fixing for the next? So that we as customers also know what the programmers and engineers are doing and fixing!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  20. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

from what i seen, they lately focus on things, i'm also waiting for some smaller bugs to fix, last time they focused on youtube/netflix/amazon bugs. Now i see they work on the DVD menu and new subtitles engine. i hope after they finish with that we get annoter passtrough on the smaller quality of life bugs/improvments