VLC as default video player in X9S

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by cyberone, Mar 20, 2017.

1. cyberone

cyberone New Member

Hello everyone.
    I wonder if there's a way to set VLC as the default player for video files which are in Media Center section.
    I looked for every option in Media Center but the only way to open the files with VLC is open VLC and then choose the file from list.. But I don't like VLC list because the GUI doesn't show the folders in a clear way.
    Anyone can help me?
    Thank you.

2. xxxxx

xxxxx Member

I have the same problem: i'd like to set Mxplayer as default player. In "normal"Kodi it'possible to edit a playercorefactory.xml to set the external Players like this:
    http://kodi.wiki/view/external_playershttp://kodi.wiki/view/external_players

but i have read (and personally tried) that don't works in ZDMC. Why??
    I strongly hope that this is adjusted with a firmware update.

3. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Download kodi from store, then apply if it work. ZDMC has special external player implement.

4. xxxxx

xxxxx Member

thanks. Then I'm sorry that will never be possible .

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  5. Sarco

ZDMC has 2 main feature for X9S , sound passthrought and external player settings. If you want VLC or MXPlayer (I think audio passthrought working) as external player, using Kodi will make no difference since you will be using it only for Library. In other word you will not need ZDMC.

6. xxxxx

xxxxx Member

thanks for the advice. I once tried (but do not remember if it was KODI or SPMC) and I had problems. I'll try again.

7. Sarco

8. cyberone

cyberone New Member

So the only way is to use ZDMC or kodi and set vlc or mxplayer as external player right?

9. xxxxx

xxxxx Member

Works
    As said, with ZDMC the setting for external player don't works. Only Kodi.

10. cyberone

cyberone New Member

Ok thank you

11. xxxxx

xxxxx Member

Always many problems!! Kodi for example, in my zidoo don't save the GUI settings. For me perfection would be ZDMC with the ability to choose the player like KODI.
    It is never expected this update?

12. Trepa Trepa

Trepa Trepa New Member

Did you try to CLEAR the DEFAULT of all your video player apps and them use the file manager to open one by one the different type of files ?