New firmware v1.3.0 beta version for ZIDOO X9S released

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by mirror, Mar 4, 2017.

1. filip kenens

filip kenens Member

Great job with the new firmware,the only problem i have is when i will download subtitle it is only in english and i must have it in dutch,can you fix this please.

2. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

+1
    I Also want to know how to change the language of the downloaded subtitles. Or how to change the websites were the player is searching for the subtitles.

3. javarix

javarix Member

cool_cat @ Thank you very much for the test and your information. Where here is the error I do not understand. I have installed the firmware 1.3.0 on 2 pieces zidoo devices. Both have the same error. But I'm glad it works with you. Perhaps the zidoo team will find a solution for this. We just wait...;-)

4. cool_cat

cool_cat New Member

In the recent past I've done a flash of the device. Maybe it would help...

5. zago84

zago84 New Member

Tried with .TS output too and HDMI recording has same problem: it split files at 4GB (about 52 minutes), even if exFAT or NTFS.

6. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

After flashing the new firmware, try "reset all setting" the box.

7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Pleasantly surprised with BD Menu support which works for both BD folders and ISO's. It is not perfect yet and some run into a message that "The Region B is not supported"! Living in Europe that is obviously the default for me.

To my surprise DVD menu support is restricted to ISO's and folders are just browsed as files. Should not be so difficult to enhance this, please add it to the list. Most media players do support folders also for DVD.

On some products the subtitle download feature follows the subtitle language preference setting on others it follows the menu language setting. Best it is configurable with a parameter which may include these possibilities.

8. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Do you installed the hdmi hack apk? if yes.uninstall it and try again

9. mirror

Thanks.We will check it,We are working with change Region code and support 3D blueray,About download subtitles we have some interesting ideas and are trying to achieve it

10. HDMEDIA

HDMEDIA Member

external subtitles with the new and improved feature work arabic encoding system but internal srt subtitle have problem

11. javarix

javarix Member

:) HDMI In Recording in only one file is solved for me.:)

Incredible but it works now. HDMI IN Recording with one file.

Here the process of what I did.

FLASHBACK YOUR ZIDOO x9s to version 1.2.7 (NOT update with the OTA update function)

Step 1. HOW TO FLASH ZIDOO X9S UNIT
    Http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/how-to-flash-zidoo-x9s-unit.2959/
    Flash with external USB stick ON / OFF and Reset

Here is exactly how to flash the zidoo x9s. Have the
    Install-X9S-usb-v1.2.7.zip is used.

Step 2. New firmware v1.3.0 beta version for ZIDOO X9S released
    Http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...3-0-beta-version-for-zidoo-x9s-released.4357/

From here the firmware v1.3.0 beta download and immediately to the version 1.2.7
    To install. With OTA from USB stick or whatever.

After these 2 steps works for whatever reason HDMI recording without
    Splitting parts 10MB 1080p Lenght 2 hours = 7GB in only one file

Thats without "HDMI Hack". Please fix this Hack!!!

:eek:"""Why the One File Recording with update 1.3.0 Beta with the OTA without Flash On/Off Reset does not go is my knowledge""":eek:

If now the Zidoo team could now only solve the 60hz 30 frame recording problem
    And then the HDMI IN recording app works as you want it.
    Perhaps this problem is solved in version 1.3.1 of the Zidoo team. ;-)

Urgent also the adapted HDMI IN recording hack is searched so one also the really
    Interesting films. Hope this is coming soon in a new version.

For wishList: A selection in the HDMI recording app if you want to record in 4.5GB parts for burn to DVD or in one file for direct play from an Harddisk.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  12. cool_cat

cool_cat New Member

HDMI-IN. Not a specific 60hz problem. Just tried a 50hz source. The recorded video is jerky too. It stutters visibly!

13. francishe

francishe Member

Exciting, expecting release asap. Good job, Zidoo team

14. javarix

javarix Member

HDMI IN Recording. If with 6mb bitrate is recorded comes to me as the picture quality since 1.3.0 beta has become worse? Who can confirm?

15. spawn_lmg

spawn_lmg Active Member Beta test group

Dont work AFR 23.978 When launched through BD-Menu. Does anyone work?

16. mirror

next version.

17. kayama728

kayama728 Member Beta test group

i confirm 1.3.0 doesn't play dvd folder anymore

no issue about region code but i set 'europe' when asked me, but i don't remember where...

18. aramakao

aramakao New Member

Dear Zidoo Team, please try to fix this (already posted some weeks ago):

Dear Zidoo team, more info to help you fix HDMI CEC function:

My set up: X9S (firmware 1.2.12) connected to TV through Denon X3100 AVR.

If I turn on X9S after turning on TV, X9S is not displayed into devices available to be controlled by TV's remote (in TV's menu).
    If I turn on X9S before turning on TV, X9S is displayed into devices available to be controlled by TV's remote (in TV's menu) ,and I can select X9S and control it.
    In the same, I can't turn on TV (and switch TV on right HDMI input) turning on X9S. Viceversa, I can turn off X9S, turning off TV (with TV remote).
    My wonder is:
    - TV will turns on by X9S remote and switch TV on right HDMI input.
    - X9S will be displayed in the selectable sources in TV menu (avoiding turn on X9S before TV)
    - Control X9S from TV remote.

Thank you for support and for (very very) good job.

19. Tolimas

Tolimas New Member Beta test group

Could you give information when the newest languages pack will be included in firmware? I speak about Lithuanian language. Because it seems that we devoted a lot our time for translating, but result is zero from your side. Is the project of translating closed (i.e it is sunset)?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  20. Cengiz Isilay

Cengiz Isilay New Member

Hi,
    Why I cannot use "copy, move, delete..etc options" on ZDMC and/or Kodi's File Manager, on this new firmware too ?
    Is it possible to fix it or is there a mistake that I made ?
    Thanks.