New firmware v1.2.11 for ZIDOO X9S released

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by mirror, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Vikram

Dr.Vikram New Member

Internal. Irrespective of what I use, there is a definite audio video delay

2. saji

saji New Member

Internal kodi player is not so optimised but external Zidoo player is very stable ...Which file you using ? Can you post it for others to try

3. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

It's a mechanism to avoid sort of misoperation.
    Android and IOS all made the same mechanism.
    We choose to respect that.

4. Klaatu

Klaatu New Member

I have some issues playing H264 4k media (see below). It only plays with heavy studder, with all my H264 4k files.. Some are 8bit other 10bit, but no difference
    HEVC 4k plays file, with and without HDR...

Code:
    Runtime .........: 2h xxmn
    Format...........: x264 mkv
    Video Bitrate....: 37.4 Mbps
    Codec............: AVC High@L5.1
    Resolution.......: 3840x1608
    FPS..............: 23.976
    BitDepth.........: 8 bits
    ChromaSubsampling: 4:2:0
    Audio............: 1: Dolby Digital 5.1 (Source Retail BluRay)
                       2: DTS HD 5.1 (Source Retail BluRay)

And just one minor thing: Is there a REST API for the internal media player ? Just to get the play status etc...

5. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Your video is not in H264 format but X264.
    X264 is a sort of interim/immature standard, and it's not very common.

6. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Sorry, freeroc, seems not completely exact:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X264

AFAIK, X264 is not so uncommon, but maybe I'm wrong.

Indeed, H264 and X264 are like DivX and Xvid. Not "exactly" the same... ;)

P.S. some users complains about X9S (also X6 Pro ?) don't play natively DivX videos? Not checked by me...
    But Xvid?

7. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Yeah, some Dvix video required Divx certified device, so it failed.

8. Klaatu

Klaatu New Member

The strange thing is that it plays normal on my VTEN and NVIDIA Shiled (SPMC). I guess the decoder is not running at 23.976HZ, but 29.997...

The player information (inside the player) shows the correct framerate and switch to 4K, 23,976

9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

yah. was not able to play divx films with kodi or zidoo players. BUT MX video player did manage to play them just fine.

10. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

To Zidoo team:
    Please fix the USB audio setting bug. It is impossible to use this devise with audio enabled air mouse as the dongle forces the audio to the USB port. The setting should switch the audio to the HDMI at all times.
    In V1.2.11 it works only once after installation !!! please fix so we can use these air mouse

11. saji

saji New Member

Android
    Kodi 17.0 is now standards-compliant with Android’s official Audio API and requires Android 5.0 or higher as the minimum version. DTS-HD, DTS-X, Dolby TrueHD, and Dolby ATMOS passthrough are now supported on devices that implement AudioTrack v23 or higher. Devices with firmware that does not follow this standard will not support passthrough. Support for 4K video and output and improvements to refresh rate switching and HEVC, VC-1 / WMV 9, and VP9 playback on supported hardware are the icing on the cake.

this is official Kodi 17 ... any plans Zidoo implementing this in firmware ?

12. polakis

polakis Member

Can i connect apple magic mouse 2 on zidoo?

13. edward obrien

edward obrien Member

14. edward obrien

edward obrien Member

hi can anyone help me with getting Netflix working on my box I have downloaded version 1.2.11 and on every version Netflix wont work, when you turn the box on Netflix wont work, but if you turn off the wireless wait 10 mins and turn it back on Netflix works, but if you turn off the box or don't use Netflix even leaving the box on it stops working, its a new unit so not sure whats happened , everything else works , the web, kodi, I have done 5 factory resets .

15. HDMEDIA

HDMEDIA Member

waiting long time pls fix

16. Antonello

Antonello New Member

Sistem updated, don't work with skygo, with /without root!

17. DribbleTool

DribbleTool Member

Is there a way to make .avi files play by default with the external player by default?

18. fab0nymous

fab0nymous New Member

19. fasthorse

fasthorse New Member

Hello, @spring, after I have upgraded to v1.2.11, my bluetooth mouse B.O.W does not work well. It can be paired with X9S, but its keys and pointer cannot be used. Please solve these bluetooth problems as soon as possible.

20. strider83

strider83 New Member

kodi 17 is officialy released. Will ZDMC be updated with the next firmware?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.