Mele F10 Pro

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X8' started by agmarco, Dec 2, 2016.

1. agmarco

agmarco Member

Hi guys, today I received my X8 and I start with the same issue mt X6Pro had. The Mele F10 looks like it is not configured or accepted by the X8. A lot of buttons don't work. I have HDMI CEC connectio with my Philips TV but I can't control the TV volume. Also there is no sound output as long as I have the USB receiver of the Mele inserted. With the X6Pro I can switch this on and off in the Android settings. Now I can't find it.
    So two issues: 1) USB sound should be disabled and 2) the Mele F10 remote isn't working as expected.
    I am happy for so far just as I still am with my X6Pro so I hope there is a easy fix.
    And ofcourse I an hoping the Zidoo team gets us an option for rooting the box.

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

x8 is the little brother of x9s. we have the same problem with USB sound. still waiting for a fix.

3. agmarco

agmarco Member

Okay, you would imagine this knowledge was already there when they heared of this issues with for example the X6. More reason to root this device. I know there where apps to fix this and there was a work-around with editing a policy. But besides this the Mele F10 is not working at the X8 as it does on my X6 Pro.
    So no sound end bad functionality of the Mele remote. Hope this is getting fixed soon as a fly mouse is really a must.

4. agmarco

agmarco Member

I think this is the issue related to the part of the weird functioning of the Mele F10:
    "When all the USB ports are full, something happens to the device and it behaves weird. The keyboard (Logitech K400) also does not functioning well in that situation. When i plugged off the
    HDD (on usb 3.0), it turns back to normal. Everyone is complaining about this situation and everyone wondering that if the adapter is unsufficent for powering the USB ports. Or is there any hardware problem ?"

5. agmarco

agmarco Member

Just tried the latest version of Soundabout but can't get sound out of the box. Only sound from Mele remote. Frustrating!

6. spring

spring Guest

Hi
    we will add the usb audio option button in v1.2.8.

agmarco likes this.
  7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

can you add togle for other options ? like HDMI or composit or SPDIF ?

8. agmarco

agmarco Member

Zidoo rocks! Thanks guys.

9. spring

spring Guest

we may add a option for the close HDMI audio output button.

HaoSs likes this.
  10. agmarco

agmarco Member

Yo ho ho Zidoo team. Any update to be expected soon. I still have no sound output while connecting the Mele F10 Pro. I also notice some changes default settings are not remembered. Maybe because the X8 account has no root access? Thanks team!

11. agmarco

agmarco Member

I know Zidoo team will fix this soon probably but I wonder if I am the only one with this issue? Still can't use my Mele F10 Pro because I don't have sound as long as the USB key is in the X8. Anyone found an alternative way?

12. spring

spring Guest

Hi, we have added it. we will release new firmware those day.

agmarco likes this.
  13. agmarco

agmarco Member

I still can't use my Mele F10 Pro remote because Zidoo seems not to be able to control there own device. How is this possible? Soundabout doesn't work, changing the audio policy doesn't seem to work, and the button in settings to disable USB sound doesn't do anything. Starting to loose my faith a bit. Rest seems to work fine so far.

14. agmarco

agmarco Member

With FW 1.2.11 we seem to have the button to enable or disable the USB sound output. In my situation this doesn't do anything. If I plug in while the box is on I have sound from my receiver but when I re-boot with the USB attached sound is send to my Mele remote and no sound through my receiver/speakers. Did anyone solve this?
    I tried the trick with changing the audiopolicy file and I also tried Soundabout. No luck so far. Please help, I miss my Mele remote functionality a lot.

15. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

yah. the fix still needs work. zidoo is on holiday right now till 3th of feb. so it may take some time till they figure this one, probably by the start of march we will have a new update ? just speculation at this point

16. agmarco

agmarco Member

Thank for your reply HaoSs! I hope they really understand that a mouse like the Mele F10 is really a must-have when you have apps which uses the mouse a lot. But not so much I want to miss my sound output for it. ;-) I will be patient.

17. agmarco

agmarco Member

Stil doesn't seem to be fixed with 1.2.12!

18. agmarco

agmarco Member

Not fixed in 1.3 beta. Is there anyone who solved this issue with USB Sound out in combination with Mele F10 Pro remote (or other remote)?????
    I can use my remote but the sound is send to my remote instead of the normal sound output. So frustrating.

19. warren_wh

warren_wh Active Member Staff Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

About the usb sound problem has been solved, the firmware will be released recently, thank you!

20. agmarco

agmarco Member

Sounds great! Thanks! Hope to see the FW soon!