All you need to know about RTD1619BPD and RTD1619DR based players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Aug 17, 2020.

1. bobs

bobs New Member

i already know differences, wanted to know from someone who upgraded from x9s to z9s if the upgrade was worth the difference.

thanks a lot for your feedback!!

2. Mobe1969

Mobe1969 New Member

This might sound like a dumb question, but the sata slot on the right hand side of the Z10 Pro, what exactly can plug into that? Is that for one of those M.2 SSD SATA solid state drives?

3. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

You can plug any SATA drive.

Mobe1969 likes this.
  4. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

the simple answer, is "the SATA cable that came in the box" :D
    which SATA hard drive you attach to the other end, is up to you and your budget! (currently 16Tb max, without restricted formatting).

Mobe1969 likes this.
  5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Any SATA HDD being 3.5, 2.5 or SSD format/size can be attached. Before having an USB Docking Station used to do that all the time. Using "Eject/Unmount" it can even be swapped on a running player making it a great connector. My Egreat media players used to have such a connector already.

Just be sure the PSU is sized properly/ample when using that SATA connector. Just read my post for that.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2023
    Mobe1969 likes this.
  6. Goliath

Goliath New Member

Quick question on the Z9X- I don't plan on streaming content on the network, so I'll be downloading my files onto a HDD - just want to know general feelings on how responsive the GUI is on this box? Like if I go to the movie wall section, is it laggy? Is it smooth, responsive? Sluggish?

7. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

HT4 is pretty smooth, not Nvidia Shield smooth but ok.

B0RN and Goliath like this.
  8. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

if you want to watch your movies zidoo is ok... if you want to manage your movies and much more zidoo is very bad... to be honest zidoo is a beta player no more and no less

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

And what would you think is the best player?

xskip likes this.
  10. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

so you want the complete package... i can tell you there is no good mediaplayer... for enthusiasts it is hard to find something good mediaplayer.:confused:

one solution would be an htpc with its own management software.

11. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I expected more than that - not sure why you're on here spouting

12. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

the same can i ask you ? why are you writing ? you are only a troll!

13. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

I am intrigued!
    What HTPC hardware combination do you suggest that can competently play 4K DV and HDR files and bitstream audio?
    What Operating System and which media management software would you then use to run on this machine?

14. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I'm a troll? Unbelievable! You were responding to a new member and rubbished the product quite blatantly

xskip likes this.
  15. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

To give you and idea:

https://streamable.com/ks41y5

Goliath and xskip like this.
  16. lanz

lanz Member

Are you in 23hz or 60hz? With which firmware? I don't have this fluidity on my Zidoo! I'm in 23hz because my TV takes more than 6 seconds for the HDMI sync.

17. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Dont go that way, this is a fair forum with open minds!!

18. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Remember folks...don't feed 'em.

As far as a HTPC goes - been there, done that....spent more time firefighting than watching content, and I nearly went bold in the process :)

Last edited: May 12, 2023
  19. Markswift2003

I use 4K23 for the same reason.

The interface definitely has its limits - it's certainly not as fluid as an Apple TV or Shield, but once the posters are prepopulated (ie scroll through once) it's extremely usable.

gymnos likes this.
  20. Markswift2003

HTPC.

Noise, heat, Microsoft.

No thanks.

B0RN and Oldpainless like this.