1.2.8 update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Burick graham, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Burick graham

Burick graham Member

whats the eta?

2. sjn01

sjn01 New Member

It's Beta version, NOT final release.

3. Burick graham

Burick graham Member

Any word on whats in it?

4. sjn01

sjn01 New Member

5. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

It does not fix the 4K 10bit 4:4:4 which i think should be top priority given what Zidoo claims the machine is capable of.

6. Burick graham

Burick graham Member

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

TOP priority ? are you drunk ? there are 100 things to fix that are actualy TOP priority. what content you have that you need 4k 10bit 4:4:4 to be top priority ?

8. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

All the 4K 10bit content with HD audio.
    How many people on this forum and the kodi forum have complained about black outs and audio pops when color space is set to auto (4:4:4).
    Many people bought this for it's claimed High Quality playback, not to use as a cheap NAS, these people are yet to see that High Quality playback without compromise, many people experience banding on HDR TV's when receiving a 10 bit or 12 bit 4:2:2 signal, that is why it should be Top Priority.
    Don't advertise something you have no intention of delivering.
    It's people like you that keep banging on about anal features that the average A/V enthusiast has no interest in, Go to the X9S product page and tell me that the A/V enthusiast is NOT who this box is aimed at, you won't find anybody on the Kodi forum complaining because the front LED doesn't stay dim after reboot.
    Did one of the Zidoo techs state on the Kodi forum they have over 10 people including engineers from realtek working on this problem? Seems pretty important to me and them if not to you.
    Next time don't be so rude.

Steve Godfrey, Wang and dennys84 like this.
  9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

like 3 movies ?.

Yes. it should be fixed. but far from TOP priority

10. jo23

jo23 Member

I also bought the Zidoo player because the product specifications claimed that 4K and 10Bit is working. For FHD sources there are a lot of other media players, like the mede8er which works great for me.
    However i hope the zidoo techs will solve this problem soon.

Wish you all a happy new Year!

11. wesk05

wesk05 Member Beta test group

I just want to point out that the Deep Color mode and YCbCr 4:4:4 issue is not isolated to playback of 4K content. When X9S/X8 is connected to a 4K TV @2160p resolution with Deep Color and Color space set to "Auto" and audio passthrough is enabled, you will get audio and video dropouts constantly. It doesn't matter whether the content is HD or UHD. With these settings, it is virtually impossible to watch anything. You could set the output resolution to 1080p, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a UHD/HDR box?