KODI - ZDMC - MATRIX 19.5 - NEXUS 20 - 21

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Yeah, I know what you mean, but I don't worry about the Kodi skin overlay when watching a film/video etc, personally I'm happy with basic info from the Zidoo player overlay.

I prefer the PQ and stability of the Zidoo video player, with the GUI that I have via Kodi....it would just be nice to have an updated ZDMC, with the ability to call the Zidoo music player as well.

I just don't see the need anymore for the Zidoo Devs to try and reinvent the wheel where the GUI/HT4 is concerned - I bought the Zidoo for the back-end functionality.

Again, just my 2 cents.

Edworld and Phil181 like this.
  2. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

Well, until we get a ZDMC 20 I’m going to stick with HT4.0 because all the extended info is there with the tags (Dolby Vision, HDR10/+, etc).

3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

KODI 20.1 Nexus, available for download and install

Available for download the new official version Kodi 20.1 “Nexus”. In this new update, we have multiple bug fixes.

This new version Kodi Nexus v20.1 as we have seen has few changes at the aesthetic level, it is a fairly continuous version in this aspect.. Internally, the most important change is AV1 codecsupport for Android, Linux and streaming. In any case, we have versions available for Windows in 32 and 64bit compilations in addition to the compilations for Android in ARM V7A format for greater compatibility and ARM V8A for Shield TV or similar.

Download KODI 20.1 for Android

FrostByte and azon1951 like this.
  4. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

Kodi Nexus v20.1.... What's up Zidoo? Haha

5. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

What is the package/file name of Zidoo Player should I put in playercorefactory.xml?
    Is Zidoo Player support streaming link from Real Debrid?

EDIT: I tried "com.zidoo.poster" & com.zidoo.fileexplorer"...didn't work. :(

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
  6. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Does Kodi for Zidoo recognise your existing Zidoo share sources or do you have to set them up withing Kodi?

7. Oldpainless

It's com.android.gallery3d, and sorry to say, it won't work, which is why folks have asked for an updated version of ZDMC.

The odd thing is that I use an IPTV app, that detects com.android.gallery3d as an external player, and I set that for the IPTV app to use, and I get the all benefits that the Zidoo player brings.

azon1951 likes this.
  8. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

Ohh.. come on Zidoo! If ZDMC is just a pet project, please allow us to use Zidoo player as external player for Kodi... I just need a working AFR...

9. Edworld

Edworld Member

Does somebody know if the nova player seeks for internal players or does the zidoo somehow has a script to make their player visible? It would be cool if something could be done on the zidoo side, that if kodi is installed, the internal player becomes visible to kodi.

10. greenfish

greenfish New Member

Anyone know when ZDMC 20 is released or the option of using Zidoo player on nexus?

Thanks

11. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

Have you tried to enable "Allow using another video player" in the settings?

12. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

I tried it today. It open the video player but just keep on loading then freeze for a moment then crashed...

13. Oldpainless

Yeah, It works on my IPTV app, but not Nova Player (Nova just hangs on the spinning loading screen and says can't play file), so no idea why the IPTV app works, but Nova doesn't.

14. Edworld

Edworld Member

There is probably something hardcoded to prevent the player from visibility to other software.

15. Oldpainless

"It works on my IPTV app, but not Nova Player"

16. Edworld

Edworld Member

Which makes no sense to me.

The Zidoo player should be visible at all times, I just tried playercorefactory.xml external player with Vanilla Kodi and couldn't get it to work.

17. Oldpainless

It could be that the because the IPTV app is basically a sending a stream to play (if you think about it, vs a local file), it might be calling a different version of the Zidoo internal player? A possibility, I don't know - @Markswift2003 might be able to shed some light. All I know is that I get AFR along with all of the audio support.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
    Edworld likes this.
  18. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

What was the question?

(sorry - not following this thread)

19. Oldpainless

Hey @Markswift2003 I would not expect you to be following the thread ;)

I use an IPTV app (happy to pm you the app details) that automatically detects the Zidoo player as an external player and plays all streams (so I get AFR etc etc etc), but some players like Nova Player, can find the Zidoo player, but won't play the file - streaming vs local file? - maybe it uses a different version of the internal player, or because it's a stream, enacts a different protocol?

20. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yeah can you PM me the app details - as far as I know it shouldn't be able to use DVDPlayer as that's only for local media, it should use NuPlayer which is for online content.

NovaPlayer uses DVDPlayer fine as far as I know. Seem to remember trying it a couple of years back...

*edit* Just tried Novaplayer, and yes it uses DVDPlayer if you select "Video Player".

Oldpainless likes this.