My scheduling recording app

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by Yeahman45, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Paul Collins

Paul Collins Member

Im posting this here because I think Yeahmans program can be used to add potentially flawless commentary over recordings. Good for the youtuber

Basically on Kit Kat on the X9 , if a user can introduce audio into the box , whilst a hdmi in resource is recording, that extra audio will be dubbed over , the hdmi in record.

I added commentary on my hdmi in records, realtime, by using the teamspeak apps and configuration,

Create a windows teamspeak server, install a teamspeak client on the x9, install a teamspeak client on an other device (this device will be used to speak the audio) , and you will find once your set up , audio you speak from the audio source teamspeak client, will be voiced on your x9.

But if you want to game and add commentary , your going to have to use a hdmi splitter, and then game on the split hdmi signal prior to the feed in to the zidoo x9 Hdmi in. The zidoo x9 hdmi out will include , hdmi in + teamspeak audio.

You will also have to use permutations of headphones and mikes to reduce echo. Im not going to get into it all , now. If you want to try the setup, you will see the challenges as they pop up.

Anyway Yeahman, it would be a great way to expand your app, add commentary and cut out all the above.

Hi @Yeahman45

1) I know usb audio in , is not fully supported on kit kat. But their are proprietary libraries out their to enable usb audio in. Thats why i've being asking zidoo for android 5 for some time now.
    So if you could deliver usb audio in you are a whisker away from giving us the ability to record commentary on the device.

2) As a work around would you be able to give us a slider control on the hdmi in audio source. The slider control would not affect the audio of the kit kat android system. This way using teamspeak we can turn down the audio of the hdmi in so our teamspeak overdub is clearly heard.

3) If we could get Zidoo to upgrade to Android 5, and get proper audio in usb support, then this whole process maybe even easier.

Proper high quality audio commentary is very close I feel.

2. azidahaka

azidahaka Member

I got what you are trying to do, i used to do that but recording voice in post with the computer....

BTW Yeahman is taking a few weeks off so do not be surprised he won't answer for a bit. Also what you ask seems like pretty much complicated and CPU intensive, not sure the zidoo can do it...

3. Paul Collins

Paul Collins Member

Thanks

4. x9x

x9x New Member

Hello, Does it work with X9S ? I'll buy this app if it supports scheduled HDMI IN recording feature on X9S.

5. Kurt

Kurt Member

no it does not work with x9s.. I just tried one of the later beta's he made.
    I sent off a couple emails to him 2-3 weeks ago but have not heard back.
    It would be nice to get a schedule record on x9s... I have already asked for it, please do the same.. the more that ask the better the chances are they will get this done

6. x9x

x9x New Member

That's too sad... :(

7. Yeahman45

Yeahman45 Member

Unfortunately I don't have a x9s to test and port my current app

8. Kurt

Kurt Member

if you think its something that may be relatively easy to do remotely, I can work with you on some tests...
    I kind of doubt this would be easy to do, but just in case... Anyway, I did try one of your later beta's, I think it was 1.1.2..?
    and when I opened mstar, it was just a black screen, however, after I did install it, I did see the 3 little red dots on the screen

9. Kurt

Kurt Member

Hi Yeahman45,
    When I tried your app on the X9S, I was using the default HDMI in recorder...
    I was just thinking that maybe we had to install another recorder to use your app..?
    Do you remember if this was true or not?
    There may still be a chance it could work if another recorder was needed..

..I noticed another recording app in my list of saved files where your beta files were stored and it got me to thinking...

thanks
    Kurt

10. Yeahman45

Yeahman45 Member

Unfortunately I don't have a X9S and I think it uses different hardware and hence my app won't work on it.
    Unfortunately they haven't release the source code for their recording app; maybe if they had the source released, I would be able to port my app to it.

There are no scheduling options with the official X9S recording app?

11. Kurt

Kurt Member

It will not save anything you set to record.
    So there is no "Record every Monday at 5pm" for example

12. x9x

x9x New Member

Tested the 1.1.7.

Good
    - Works as it is : This software works as advertise not like the default one. Default HDMI IN recorder of both X9 and X9s is merely a creep. Especially the X9s's software is broken, so that I can't schedule anything on that machine. Thank you so much Yeahman 45.
    - Improved functions : 720p @ 60 fps, 20 Mbps video quality and AAC 320 Kbps audio quality which is not supported in a default app. This is power of the open source.
    - Much better UI : Not perfect, but mostly better design with more option buttons.
    - Better file management : This software is designed for USB memory users.(Fixed save folder) Very convenient.

Bad
    - Not optimized : I guarantee that this software has way much better consumer friendly UI. However, it is not for iPhone users, so you need to know some knowledge about recording or do many trial and error to get the best result.
    - Some bugs : The cursor button seldom disappears and I can't do anything before I turn the mouse cursor mode on. I highly recommend to use an USB mouse. (Not mouse mode) Also, Audio input is mono (1ch). I found more minor discomfortnesses, but at least it records as I scheduled. :)

For now, the X9 with this software is a true HDMI IN recorder, and the X9s is not a relevent solution for the same purpose. I really wish this guy changes my other trash can (X9s) to a useful stuff.

13. Kurt

Kurt Member

I am not sure what you mean..
    Do you mean you have the 'my scheduled recording app' working on the X9S?
    I tried it but just get a black screen

thanks
    Kurt

14. x9x

x9x New Member

No, I paid $110 for the new Zidoo X9 NO S. :p
    Farewell X9s! (stored in a coffin)

15. Kurt

Kurt Member

tough to find a good PVR.
    I had a playon DVR that I liked but it got fried by lightning, and they dont make them anymore

Its pretty pathetic you cant schedule recordings that save. Complain about it here.. http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?forums/zidoo-x9s.23/

the more that do, the better chance they will fix this.

16. Yeahman45

Yeahman45 Member

try to ask them to release the x9s recording app source code on github .... I can port my app if they release the source code

17. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

18. Yeahman45

Yeahman45 Member

Pop likes this.
  19. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Cineclub who made HDMI IN hack to record bypassing HDCP mention it on how to record everything.

20. azidahaka

azidahaka Member

ehy! cool webpage mate :) Did you get the idea for it somewhere? ;)