All you need to know about RTD1619BPD and RTD1619DR based players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

After following the extensive dialog and testing of AVI with DIVX content updated that chapter with the advice to use ZDMC for playback. That seems to be the universal and by far simplest solution.

Phil181 likes this.
  2. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

"2) MaxCLL and MaxFALL can be disabled now for better HDR10 compatibility."

Can someone clarify this? I thought the recommendation was to have this ON?

3. Nice Monkey

Normally it is should be used. Disable should be OFF for that.

4. Jimbo Randy

Thanks. If it normally should be used, why do you say in your guide that it can cause issues if it ends up being ignored? Under what circumstances would having it ON cause a problem?

5. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Deleted

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
    xskip likes this.
  6. Nice Monkey

If the TV doesn't support it. Early TV's with HDR10 included might not have support for it despite being part of the standard.
    Updated the chapter explaining it better now; I hope.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
  7. Jimbo Randy

It may just be a language barrier, but I'm still not understanding your wording. You are saying that in most cases, the MaxCLL/MaxFALL values will be ignored, so you can just leave this option as "ON." But then you go on to say that if it's not supported, and ignored, it can cause lighting issues. This seems to say the opposite thing?

8. Nice Monkey

In most (if not all) cases the parameters will be ignored by the TV, but there might be exceptions where it reacts in an erroneous way to them.

This in the rare case they are not supported. Only the manufacturer of your TV or Projector can tell for sure.

9. Jimbo Randy

Thanks, this makes sense! Just curious; do you know if LG TVs USE or DONT USE these values? I have a LG C1. I read somewhere that LG TVs DO use these values, but it would be great to confirm.

10. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@Jimbo Randy - you proably will get a quick answer on that via the AVS forum for your tv

11. goverthana

goverthana New Member

Hi, I'm a newbie here, Z9x Model has an App called Clean Up, in it there is an option that says, "Launch on Manag..." May I know what's the usage of this option? there a slider tab to enable and disable, just need some clarification on its purpose and what it will do when I enable it? Thanks In Advance

12. Nice Monkey

Never use cleanup myself. No need for it signaled thus far.

13. goverthana

goverthana New Member

I normally use the Task Killer Built In to stop certain Apps from running in the background once the App hangs, it helps but I wish I could select n deselect certain Apps cause when it searches n displays all the the Apps that are running it just terminates all, so I need to go back and reactivate eg AdGuard, is there an APK that I can use to stop individual Apps that causes lagging in the system ?

14. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

At any case, the memory usage minimise once you restart the Zidoo.

15. goverthana

goverthana New Member

Noted with Thanks

16. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Same here - never had any memory issues with any of the Zidoo boxes from the Z9X up to the Alpha.

17. Jimbo Randy

rozel likes this.
  18. bobs

bobs New Member

Heya everyone,

Happy owner of a x9s since few years.

Have a Panasonic EZ950 OLED, I'll be buying a new OLED next year for my new house, has someone done an upgrade from x9s to z9x?

Any great improvement?

Is it worth it?

Thanks in advance!

19. Nice Monkey

You read the topic? It describes all the differences in detail

xskip likes this.
  20. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

got both ie when i got my Pana Z1000 OLED i grabbed the Z9X (actually it was other way round ,got the oled cos of the DV on Z9X :p )

Huge improvement all round in picture quality from new vs the old
    Great DV playback now and the VS10 DV üpscaling"for HDR and SDR content is great too

example for vs10 SDR upscaling ...an old series like Space1999 on the Z9S the blacks of space are murky greys /on the Z9X with VS10 on theyre inky blacks
    even AI upscaled series like StarTrek Voyager Frasier and some others i have all look great on VS10
    Just managed to find AI Upscaled for Dark Angel series and thats looking like it could have been made this year its looking so good

akan7 and bobs like this.