Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. Skopelos

Skopelos New Member

For me when I hit trailer button the trailer tries to play but after a while the message is failed to play. Nothing works as far as trailers...

darky_zidoo likes this.
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Local trainers work perfectly.

Skopelos likes this.
  3. Skopelos

Skopelos New Member

Yes but its very painful to download and rename files for someone who has many movie files

Six66Mike likes this.
  4. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

If you need help figuring that out, just ask.

Deano86 and Markswift2003 like this.
  5. Markswift2003

Took me maybe a couple of days on and off and now I have perfect trailers - I have the trailer I want and nothing else. It's well worth the effort.

No pain, no gain.

Netmask likes this.
  6. thivame

thivame Active Member

hello,
    I too use the local trailers, but I understand those who would like to have the trailers online.
    When we see that kodi or other do it perfectly it's a pity that a manufacture like zidoo can't do it.

Six66Mike and vddan like this.
  7. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

What I would like is a local trailers folder so I could fill it with movie trailers and Atmos demos etc. Then a certain number of them would play randomly before the main feature and would give a cinema experience. I think that's something that can be done in Kodi or Plex, but not in Zidoo HT.

I think the Kodi addon split it between Trailer 1, Trailer 2, Trailer 3 so you could add for example movie trailers and tech demos from different subfolders to play in any order you wanted.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
  8. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

A few months ago I switch from local trailers to online trailers. because the local trailers didnt't work for me ( no sound, just playing a few seconds).
    Going back and forth is a nightmare.

9. Markswift2003

You must have been doing something really odd with them! I've used local trailers exclusively since the feature was introduced and never had a single issue.

I generally download from Trailer Addict and on the odd occasion I can't find one there I'll grab from YouTube or HDTrailers. Usually they're h.264 in an MP4 container although some are MKV.

darky_zidoo likes this.
  10. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

No..nothing special. You already had a look at it.
    Several people had the problem.
    So I switched to online trailers and everything worked fine.

I wait a little till a new firmware before i put hours of work into it.

11. Bdub48

Bdub48 Member

Hi

I use local trailers and have had no issues with them either. Yes it can be time consuming but is worth it in the long run and you have more control with the trailers you want not worrying about depending on other outlets going down or incompatibilities. Also thanks Markswift2003 for bring up another source to be able to grab them Trailer Addict. I do have a question though on a somewhat related topic. Is there a way you can reach out to someone in the know to implement Animated backgrounds into whenever or in a future of a firmware release? The reason why I'm asking is I saw it the other day on a YouTube video where someone who was able to get it to work and its someone who videos tutorials are used on this site a lot and this video was posted as a tutorial about 7 months ago and would think it would be a really nice feature to add.

Bdub48

12. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

How do you d/l the trailer from Trailer Addict? I don't see any option to do that.

13. Bdub48

Bdub48 Member

Hi Blenky

you could use a tool like internet download manger. It’s a paid tool but is fast with downloads and is easy to use.

Bdub48

14. Markswift2003

blenky and darky_zidoo like this.
  15. oddkid01

oddkid01 New Member

New to Zidoo but interested in plex on Z9X.....got one today.

16. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

OK, it's official - ONLINE TRAILERS ARE NOT WORKING.

I know you can download them but quite often you just want to see what the movie is all about or choose between another movie before starting to watch. Downloading trailers is great for premium collection.

I'm willing to setup Google / YouTube account and link it to Zidoo just so the trailers would work.

darky_zidoo likes this.
  17. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I download my own trailers from a few sources and quite often I remove or muffle the audio track , as often the audio VO is almost shouting in a few cases. In one film the VO trailer voice was, I think a heavy UK Northern accent that was impenetrable to Australian ears! Notwithstanding my own Scottish heritage from way back I need subs for Scots and Yorkshire etc dialog. For some weird reason I can understand Welsh accents OK! Anyway I popped some music in it's place. Mid Western and Southern USA is difficult as well.

18. Markswift2003

I think trailers will always be a problem - no sooner do Zidoo circumvent YouTube's obfuscation than YouTube bugger around and muck it up again.

I really don't see why local trailers are seen to be such a pain - you take the time to rip/remux/encode a movie and copy it to a NAS etc, so why not just add downloading a trailer to that process? It takes less than a minute. Ok if you have a big collection there's a certain amount of pain involved in getting up to date, but then this is a hobby, so just take a couple of days to do it.

This is why I never bring trailers up with the devs - they work perfectly ;)

You get the trailer you want in the quality you want and hopefully soon we'll get them played with DVDPlayer rather than NuPlayer so they really will be a lot better than online ones...

They also work brilliantly with Andy's Jellyfin app.

xskip and Netmask like this.
  19. thivame

thivame Active Member

I agree about the local trailers.
    In addition you can put trailers for the TV series (by season)
    It is true that the NuPlayer, I do not appreciate it much...

20. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Maybe it's easy to get them in english, because you have some websites to download them easily, but that's not the same with foreign language. For an occasional user, it's not worth the trouble. This is where the principle of online trailers takes on its full meaning. And why to make a compromise, one more time, for something that is supposed to work? ;)

vddan, Edworld and 3DBuff like this.