Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Tolyaka79

Tolyaka79 New Member

Может кто поможет с правильными настройками Z1000pro. Телевизор LG OLED 83G2 . Саундбар Samsung Q990B . Был бы очень признателен .

2. george kmb

george kmb New Member

it has probably been answered before, but here it goes : i have a projector (optoma uhd38x) 4k and capable of hdr10. what are the best settings to watch in dv? thnx

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Can you switch the projector into HDR mode manually? If not you'll need an HDFury Vertex 2 or similar.

4. george kmb

george kmb New Member

i think i can.

5. Markswift2003

In that case try the attached.

Attached Files:

6. Martin Musko

Martin Musko Member

I dont know whether this is the right place, but I'll try:
    I have a sony LCD 75XD9405 which is connected thru a Marantz NR1506 to the Zidoo Z9x. It often occurs that when starting the Zidoo black is not black. In order to rectify this I have to switch the "auto" to 0-255 or 115 -235 and then back to auto again.
    Is there a way to avoid it?

7. Markswift2003

Leave it on 16-235.

If you mess with VS10 modes or EDIDs you may have to cycle 0-255 and back to 16-235 to reset but once you have your settings set as you need them, leave on 16-235 - that's the correct setting for video.

8. Martin Musko

Martin Musko Member

Thank you for your answer! If I leave it on 16-235 blacks in many non HDr or DV mkvs are not black so I have to adjust it during playback using the video setting brightness ( 28 instead of 32).

9. Markswift2003

That really shouldn't be the case - what HDR mode are you using?

And what firmware?

10. Martin Musko

Martin Musko Member

Latest available Firmware
    These are my settings
    HDMI Mode: Auto(3840x2160p 60Hz)
    HDR: auto
    Color settings:
    4k 50-60Hz : YUV420.1
    4k 23-30Hz : YUV444.1
    non 4K : YUV444.8
    HDMI Range : auto
    Compatib. : on
    HDMI Signal : Enhanced Format
    Actual: 3840x2160p@60Hz YUV420 10Bits ITU
    Dolby Vision Comp.: Priority (Player LED)
    MaxCLLand MaxFall: on

11. Markswift2003

Nothing wrong there except HDMI Range which as I say should be set to 16-235 (Auto usually works, but maybe not in your case and I always prefer to set these things to the correct discrete setting rather than let some algo decide for me).

Also there's generally no need to set Deep Colour Compatibility Mode <On>.

12. Martin Musko

Martin Musko Member

Thank you for your help!! I shall set the HDMI range to 16-235 and see whether black levels at least stay the same when starting...
    Edit: It did not help, but setting Deep Colour Compatibility Mode "Off" and HDMI range to auto seems to have done the trick.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
  13. Donald Hicks

Donald Hicks New Member

Hi, I'm new to the forums here........Seems like a place I can find answers.......I'll give you my setup, I have a Zidoo Z1000 player(replacing a Shield) Marantz 1607 receiver, and a JVC RS440 projector......I looked at the PDF file that was specifically for JVC's and in the HDR section the "Dolby Vision Low Latency" choice was missing........What is strange is I was tinkering with settings, chose "Dolby Vision VS10 Engine for SDR and HDR, picked the player-led LLDV choice, played Mission Impossible UHD movie and was surprised that the VS1o-Dolby Vision badge appeared for a few seconds, then went away.......I tried other UHD files w/DV or HDR , no joy there.......I would like to know how to get this unit to work with DV.......My receiver does pass through HDR and Dolby Vision.......I hope you can help in this instance..........

14. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

You have to enable the custom BT.2020 LLDV EDID in order to get the LLDV option...did you do that first?

Markswift2003 likes this.
  15. Donald Hicks

Donald Hicks New Member

I did that and it changed over in the menu.....I then went and played a movie The Fifth Element(4K-HDR), the screen went black then a blue screen appeared with the indication on the top-right saying no input, and stayed that way........I really appreciate the patience from the people here......I know new people have questions the may have already been covered ... .......BTW, I have looked at the first page of the thread and adjusted to those settings.......Update: I did enable the BT.2020 LLDV EDID, go to Display, HDR and then tried to enable the Dolby Vison Low Latency function, Got a black screen for a few seconds, then it went back to the original screen with the VS10 choices..........

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
  16. Markswift2003

JVC PJs of that era have horrific HDMI resync times - can be >15s and so you aren’t seeing the yes/no confirmation screen before the Zidoo times out and switches back.

You need to take a keep of faith and press “left” and then “select” to confirm the selection.

Make sure your cables can take a full 18Gb/s HDMI signal because it will switch to 60Hz and LLDV@60Hz is the full 17.8Gb/s signal.

Once set you can change the resolution/refresh to 4K23

Ovidiu Ogrean likes this.
  17. Donald Hicks

Donald Hicks New Member

Hi, Markswift2003, No, I am not seeing a confirmation screen at all, just black then switches back to the original screen........I will check the interconnect cables between Zidoo and Receiver.. Update: I took the receiver out of the chain, connected the Zidoo directly to my wall HDMI jack that feeds the projector with one of the interconnect cables and the LLDV setting did work.......checked the other cable, same thing.......Then I reinstalled the receiver back into the chain, this time it worked.....All the cables I have are fiber-optic HDMI......There is one thing I found odd.....When I used my Shield the projector switched automatically between SDR and HDR(i.e. a typical 1080P film would be SDR and If I wanted to watch a 4K film, it would switch to HDR......Under this LLDV setting it doesn't do this........It remains in HDR mode no matter whether the movie is 1080 or 4K........also, is there some sort of badge that appears when watching a movie? Thanks a lot......

18. Donald Hicks

Donald Hicks New Member

Hi, I guess I spoke too soon about the AVR........I sat down to watch a movie last night and checked to see if the settings held and found out the LLDV setting saved earlier was switched back to Auto........Darn.....Thought I had it........

19. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

Can someone provide more clarity into the maxcall/maxfall setting? Should this be ON or OFF? I have seen conflicting things. I'm just trying to understand how it works. So it defines the static metadata for hdr10? Do TVs not have this information? Like how does this work exactly? The guide says it's almost always ignored. If TVs actually used this, what would that be doing? Resulting in better static metadata being sent to the TV for hdr10 files?

20. vddan

vddan Active Member

In place of the LLDV I test the 'vs10 sdr' and after a contrast/brightness/gamma recalibration, on my jvc nz7, I recognize that the image is superb, no pumping, colorimetry shimmering and so on !!!
    It is now 8 days of testing and I thank Markswift for giving us this idea !!

Markswift2003 likes this.