Jellyfin AndroidTV Client Thread

Discussion in 'Jellyfin for Zidoo' started by andy22, Jun 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

yeah that's normal when someone who've been active suddenly don't show up, we can just keep the hope up, maybe someone else with some skills can keep this updated until he hopefully returns, but as I said I'm happy with current version, don't know if something major missing, it would be maybe if it stops working in future due to older version?

2. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

I hope @andy22 is OK and is just currently absorbed with other projects. The app as it stands is in a really good state and is highly useable. One thing I would like added if possible is an easy genre search without having to enable smart screen.

3. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Quick update, i'm well and ok and still plan to work on the app. I just had several things happen at once, new job, family emergency and the official v0.15 has major rewrites and i need to adapt my changes from the 0.14 version step by step and cant just merge my 0.14 into the official 0.15 branch. The family issue is ongoing and will occupy me until the end of January.
    I also still use my Zidoo so i'm motivated too keep working on my version, so no worries.

Onwrathz, Zyk, dr4go and 14 others like this.
  4. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

Thank you and welcome back! family first.

5. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Thanks for the update Andy, hope all is OK with the family.

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Nice to see you back mate - as @Gilgamesh rightly said, family first, so I hope all is well.

7. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

No rush, no pressure. Just relieved that you're still with us.

8. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

Glad you are okay. hope the new job is a better situation for you and that your family situation calms down.

9. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Glad to see you may have seen my email yesterday Andy22, and that you are healthy in the new year. WB to Zidoo Community. Take all the time you need. Family is everything.

10. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

I am a software development engineer but I have never worked on an Android app (or any mobile app). I think that I want to get involved here to help lighten your load and help push the project forward. Please let me know whether there is anything easy I can help with.

dr4go, dwalme, Fattykidd and 4 others like this.
  11. myi80x

myi80x New Member

Hi all, I am looking at purchasing a Zidoo Z9x and from all my research I haven't quite found the answer I am looking for and hoping you can help.

Everything about the Z9x meets my requirements for use in home theatre room but I need it to work with a media server as I have multiple displays in other rooms that will all use the same library stored on a nas. I want a solution that will share the watched status across all displays and also be able to pause on one display and continue on another.

Will this fork of Jellyfin do this and if so, will it compromise anything on the Z9x?

Six66Mike likes this.
  12. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

Yes if you use Jellyfin server it works.

myi80x and Six66Mike like this.
  13. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

And to add, it does not compromise anything on the Z9X in any way.

myi80x likes this.
  14. myi80x

myi80x New Member

Ok great, so do I need to use Jellyfin client on Zidoo or can I still use HT4 and just have Jellyfin as a server?

15. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

You need to use the Jellyfin app but it uses the built in Zidoo player.

myi80x and Six66Mike like this.
  16. myi80x

myi80x New Member

Ok great, thanks for the confirmation.

17. myi80x

myi80x New Member

Thank you so much for your help. I will be purchasing a Z9X and start learning Jellyfin.

18. Onwrathz

Onwrathz New Member

Just a quick clarification. I don’t think jellyfin plays BDMV or ISO, but since Jellyfin client is using Zidoo as player, can BDMV/ISO be playable via app. Posts earlier seemed to suggest it isn’t possible, but I wasn’t clear if that was Zidoo client issue or Jellyfin issue, or both. Is there hope???, because this Jellyfin Zidoo client sounds promising. Thank you

UPDATE: I see on GitHub that this is a requested enhancement. Good news if it can happen.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
  19. Ant14

Ant14 New Member

Hi,

This Jellyfin client looks very nice, thank you for your work.
    May I ask how does it compare to Jellyfin for Kodi add-on, used with ZDMC?

Thanks.

20. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

Kodi addons does not use the Zidoo player with ZDMC, already tried with Plex addon.

Ant14 likes this.