All you need to know about RTD1619BPD and RTD1619DR based players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I hate to imagine the price in Australia where we talk of "the special Australia tax" on everything imported when you compare exchange rates and retail prices! Very few items are dutiable but our GST (fixed at 10%) is pretty well on everything...

2. Mark Boddy

Mark Boddy New Member

Selby is selling it for $3999. Quite a bargain compared to overseas prices.

3. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Good grief ! I suppose transport costs are lower for us from China.

4. Hdkeith

Hdkeith New Member

So clearly they are not selling many of these at $4K USD as when they quoted me they told me at the time they were expecting 12, yes 12 for North America at the time.

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

6. Mark Boddy

Mark Boddy New Member

$4000 AUD. $3000 USD.

7. MaisonD

MaisonD New Member

Hello,
    For the NeoS, could it be controlled with IR remote or is it bluetooth only? Thanks!!

8. Nice Monkey

Both will work just fine with all Zidoo models.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2022
  9. MaisonD

MaisonD New Member

Thank you for your reply. I don’t see the IR input in the back on the NeoS like the NeoX. Is there an IR receiver in the front panel somewhere?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
  10. Nice Monkey

The display areas for A and X are very different. The area of X is an exact fit for the OLED but A has big borders on all sides.
    I do like the display of X more as it looks nicer and is also brighter. Neo X remains a remarkable machine.

11. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Hey Guys

Can anyone tell me by using CEC can the volume on the Zidoo V10 Mini work the volume on a TV or Amp ? - I have a Z9S and the volume button on the remote doesn't work on the TV or Amp it only turns the volume up/down on the Z9X - was thinking of changing all my Z9S players

12. Nice Monkey

Volume control via HDMI-CEC is configurable for TV/AMP with recent FW for this generation of Zidoo players.

13. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

That's great thanks for the info

14. Screemer

Screemer New Member

My remote is weird. I have my Z1000 in a unit with doors on, it works fine with the doors shut, apart from turning it on and off. I have to open the doors, which is strange seen as the rest of it works fine. Any ideas?

15. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

Bluetooth does not kick in on boot. It starts on infrared. The remote has to be touched (and then it shows Bluetooth connected on screen and you are right to go).

16. Nice Monkey

Can confirm that behavior.
    I think this is to avoid Bluetooth remaining active on the remote consuming battery.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
  17. WAYFLLIX

WAYFLLIX New Member

On/Off commands are only be sent via IR. This can be confirmed by the LED on the remote illuminating red when using the power toggle button as opposed to blue when manipulating other function buttons.

rozel likes this.
  18. zimbo

zimbo New Member

Hello, I have an external box connected to the zidoo 1000 pro with its own power supply and two HDD drives.And how to properly disconnect these disks?

19. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

I power down my Zidoo and then turn off the power on the HDD :)
    You will also find an option in File Manager to Eject a specific HDD (or USB) while the power is still on.

20. Nice Monkey

Eject is to be used to swap HDD drives with the power remaining on. Do this all the time.