Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. Naiera

Naiera Member

I can, but I'm using coaxial out for sound. HDMI sound is turned off.

I'll post it in maybe an hour or so.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Ah ok - that explains it then - coaxial uses a protocol called S/PDIF (Sony/Philips Digital InterFace) which cannot transport lossless codecs.

It can transport 2 channel or multichannel PCM, AC3 (Dolby Digital) and DTS only.

So DTS-HD will not pass - and I know you said TrueHD would, but you must be mistaken since S/PDIF cannot pass TrueHD either.

dwalme and 3DBuff like this.
  3. Naiera

Naiera Member

I'm downmixing (not downmixing per Zidoo menu logic) to 2-channel PCM, the way I do with all my other players.

And TrueHD is, in fact, played back.

4. Markswift2003

If you're outputting audio via coaxial (or optical) then you're not outputting TrueHD - it simply can't do it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S/PDIF

5. Naiera

Naiera Member

As I wrote, I'm downmixing to 2-channel PCM. I know very well that optical and coaxial doesn't support multi-channel lossless sound, and I'm not asking it to.

6. Markswift2003

Hang on - I'm properly confused now - what am I missing?

You ask why you're not getting DTS-HD.

Then you say you're using the coaxial out which answers the question because it doesn't support DTS-HD.

Then you say you know coaxial doesn't support lossless codecs. So why did you ask the question in the first place?

vddan and xskip like this.
  7. Naiera

Naiera Member

Are you not reading what I'm writing?

The Zidoo is unpacking the DTS-HD and TrueHD tracks and downmixing them to 2-channel PCM, the way my Oppo BDP-103 and Panasonic DP-UB824 also do. I am not bitstreaming the audio to be decoded anywhere else.

8. Naiera

Naiera Member

Muh edid.

Attached Files:

• edid.txt
      File size:
      256 bytes
      Views:
  9. Markswift2003

Can someone else take over here please. I'm off for my dinner.

dwalme, TV11, Jason G and 1 other person like this.
  10. Naiera

Naiera Member

Audio selection on my Massive Talent MKV. Same thing happens on the latest Spider-Man.

Attached Files:

11. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

youve already covered it mark

Optic cant and never will show more than they can actually pass thru

12. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

This is starting to sound like Abbot & Costello's 'Who's On First?' :D

@Naiera; I sympathise with your frustration but you're not going to get any help from this community of friendly & helpful experts if you use what comes across as an antagonistic tone. I would suggest going back to the start & carefully re-wording your original question so that we have a better idea of exactly what problem it is you're experiencing.

dwalme and TV11 like this.
  13. Naiera

Naiera Member

I've explained my issue very thoroughly. The issue here is that people don't seem to understand that, when downmixed to stereo PCM, HD sound goes through coaxial just fine. Same way it does on my other players and has done for years.

The way "downmix" is used in the Zidoo setup menu is wrong; that's just taking the lossy core language tracks and bitstreaming them instead of doing an actual downmix to PCM stereo.

I've provided evidence that my setup does indeed play TrueHD while showing the DTS HD track as normal DTS.

14. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

Others may disagree ;).
    This, on the other hand, is much clearer. Now we're getting somewhere. Unfortunately, I am not one of the aforementioned 'experts' in this community. However, with this info, one of the actual experts will hopefully be able to assist you :).

15. Naiera

Naiera Member

I explained the part about downmixing to stereo twice before asking if he was actually reading my posts.

16. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

How long does it take to get a response from support when you email service@zidoo? The lack of support is more than enough reason to return this hardware, holy crap.

:mad:

17. dr4go

dr4go Member

Srsly you should change your attitude - guys like you are the reason why people get frustrated in trying to help somebody. @Markswift2003 is a hell of a moderator with huge experience and even more knowledge while always being polite to everybody. Huge kudos here from my side! Now back to your issue @Naiera: You can also read the same stuff somewhere else if you like: https://www.avsforum.com/threads/truehd-or-dts-hd-over-s-pdif.1420486/

Long story short: either you change your connection or a proper dts-hd and / or true hd won't work, period. Now if you want to scream around, do it at home in front of your pc / mobile phone, thank you.

18. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Tell me, aren't there any other saturated problems? We paid for the final product, which in the advertisement tells us that there are no problems with reading the menu of the blues. We have no competitors. Dear developers, when will you eliminate + you will already add the translation that the users have done for you.

Letmein likes this.
  19. Yoram Ariel

Yoram Ariel New Member

Similar here. Problems playing back mkv files containing DTS-HDMA, particularly DVDFab converted Blu-Ray audio folder structures or iso.
    If I play the same titles from the folder structure itself the playback is ok.
    (the converted mkv files exist in the first place because the folder playback would not pass through properly using kodi on my previous generic streamer)
    When playing the mkv files the receiver detects core dts as mentioned, but if I switch to the other audio track (also labeled dts) then my receiver detects dts-hdma but fluctuates in an unstable manner and the Z10 Pro locks up requiring a hard forced reboot.
    Z10 Pro, Pioneer VSX-830

Naiera likes this.
  20. dieholzblaeser

dieholzblaeser New Member

Hello Zidoo team,
    is it possible that you Roon telling that the NEO Alpha Native DSD MCH can play, because at the moment everything is only outcoming in stereo via Roon and Roon says that Zidoo has told you that it is only a 2-channel device. I hope this here is the right adress??otherwise please give me some information who is the right??? Best wishes & very happy with the NEO Alpha -Willy