Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

i use a command type powerstrip
    ie when i turn TV off as master it then shuts down the other powerstrip outlets ie ones zidoo and reciver are on

2. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

I have to disagree here. I use a Harmony Elite and yes, on some devices they have discrete on and off commands… along with a toggle command. I don’t have a single device remote that has anything other than a toggle on/off button. Over the years I don’t recall any that did to be honest. I think we get spoiled with the Harmony with discrete commands, but it isn’t anything we should take for granted.

As for the reported power issue, I’ve not seen this on this or earlier firmware, with or without using the included remote. As I’ve found out with my time with Zidoo, reset it and try again. Unfortunately that’s all I can recommend.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Most physical IR remotes will only use toggle codes although for most devices, discrete codes are available for CI installers (just not on the remote).

Unfortunately, for reasons unknown, the Zidoo, which uses a standard NEC protocol, doesn't have discrete on/off IR codes.

If you want to use it with a control system with macros, ideally you use RS232 which has discrete on/off - that's what I use and it's bomb proof.

You can also use IP control but that's slightly more convoluted because although there is a discrete on/off command in the IP protocol, discrete on doesn't work because the LAN card falls back to 10-baseT on standby - but it will accept a WOL packet so that can be used as the on command instead.

B0RN and Anthony C. like this.
  4. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I had an Oppo 203, have a Denon 8500, an LG C9, they all behave the same way - ON is only ON and Off is only Off regardless of their current status. Z9X is the only device if ON, ON will turn Off and if Off, Off will turn On as a toggle as discussed above. So there's 3 devices that seem to use discrete commands, and yes they additionally have toggle buttons as well that will have the same behavior as the Z9X.

5. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

I guess I wasn’t clear or misread your post. I have a Denon 3500 and the physical remote only has a toggle. The 8500 remote has the same thing. On the Harmony ONLY do I have discreet on and off “buttons” should I choose to use them. Some of my other devices have this as well, but again, not on the physical remote. And yes, there are NO discrete commands on the Harmony for on and off for the Z9X. Just the toggle.

B0RN likes this.
  6. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Ah I got you now. Sorry, I should have been clear too, was only referring to the Harmony commands, which is all I use and whenever I'm trying to re-start missed Z9X settings, I end up turning it off, super inconvenient.

Anthony C. likes this.
  7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Since DV issues are behind us I hope that @mirror and the team are working on new firmware including the option of keeping the database of all movies alive in HT poster wall even if the source is disconnected :):). Kodi and ZDMC does it. Dynamic update of source locations is great but if the source is powered off all movies from that location are missing.

So far 9 out of 10 members would like this option. Anybody else interested in this feature please cast your vote here. The more the better.

8. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

I would not be so categorical. Profile 8 does not show the best picture, it is a bit dark. 5 profile shows perfectly.
    Good idea, I voted positively.

Letmein and 3DBuff like this.
  9. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

it would be nice if the Zidoo team could add the function to have single-file multi-episodes show up correctly. it is super easy to implement..... people have been asking for years but get ignored. it is a pretty serious issue for people using their device for older tv shows from the '80s to early 2000s like the whole star trek series, lost, the outer limits, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate Universe, and I could continue with about 15 other shows that have two episodes combined into one file sometimes even 3 episodes. plex, emby, Kodi they all do this. episodes named like this S01E01S01E02.mkv its very simple to do. and more serious than a lot of these other quality-of-life features that Zidoo has been implementing lately. I mean having episodes missing and gaps between episodes because of this is a real pain.

2nd thing is if the Zidoo team could implement the feature to have existing specials episodes show up in the up next where they belong in order between the regular episodes like for instance Doctor Who.... lots and lots of specials that tie into the series and must be watched in order or you will not understand the show completely. There are lots of shows that do this.

3rd Why does the up-next section always ignore the next season? like if I watch the last episode of a show's season 1, why does it not show season 2 episode 1 in the up next? kinda defeats the purpose of having an up-next section....

dwalme, Taler, Cary Grant and 2 others like this.
  10. Valary

Valary New Member

I've taken Roon 3 months trial right away. Could you please say if it plays DSD without PCM conversion? Roon just doesn't see my DAC and only allow me to playback PCM.

11. Yar Dhar

Yar Dhar Member

I am not sure if anyone else is experiencing this after the current firmware update. Every now and then I am experiencing blank screen and not necessarily during the moving playback. Even when I am on GUI or settings I would experience a black screen not on a particular interval. It is just random sometime after 5 minutes or 30 minutes. I initially though this might be the cable issue and I changed all cables related to Zidoo but still the same thing. I am not getting this with my Shield or UHD bluray player. My chain is Zidoo Z10 Pro - Denon 3700H - Vertex2 - Epson 6050UB. Everything on the latest firmware.

My settings are Locked resolution 3840 x 2160 23HZ, auto frame rate only and VS10 for everything. I was not getting it until the last firmware so I am not sure whether this is firmware related or some settings are not correct. And yes I did reset the box couple of times as always after the firmware update.

12. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

not seeing it here at all
    thats playback of tv type stuff via smb and full bdmv /iso or MKV movies usually via HDD to the usb3

been very stable f/w so far for me

13. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

These sort of problems are the hardest to diagnose.

I honestly don't think it's the firmware - I'm not experiencing issues either and if it was a general problem you can bet the forum would be flooded about it!

With your resolution set to 4K23 it can't be a bandwidth issue (I assume 10-bit).

When it happens, have a look at the Denon and see if the little speaker icons disappear while it's happening - that would indicate a loss of sync between the Denon and the Zidoo.

upload_2022-11-26_9-43-45.png

The only way to trouble shoot a problem like this is a process of elimination - removing items from the HDMI chain one by one etc. Change input on the Denon, connect directly to the projector - that sort of thing.

14. deusexe

deusexe Member

I use the latest version 6.3.75 all the time, but recently I noticed that smooth playback does not work (sound and video become out of sync) 2160p 50hz and avi does not support. Did the beta versions fix these issues?

15. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I strongly suggest you install the latest beta - Since v6.4.42. It's very stable.

xskip likes this.
  16. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Zidoo Team considered FW v6.4(7).42 as stable too and is public as release on they download page from 2022 11-22, Zidoo firmware download and update.
    Enjoy Zidoo players.

Ovidiu Ogrean likes this.
  17. Ctrl-Alt-Del

Ctrl-Alt-Del New Member

I have a RME ADI-2 Pro FS R at the USB 2.0 port of my Z9X. Roon works fine, but it doesn't play DSD without lossy conversion. I am quite dissappointed with this situation, since the built-in audio player allows playback of DSD over the USB port. I am wondering, how Zidoo could manage to get the "roon ready" label. Could this be fixed with a coming firmware updated?

18. Yar Dhar

Yar Dhar Member

Thanks Mark as always for your help. I will keep trying to check what is causing that. Good thing is that I am getting the voice so I know it is some issue with the projector cables. I changed one but did not help. I am ordering another one to ensure that this is not the one. Thanks a lot for your help.

19. deusexe

deusexe Member

I installed version 6.4.42 and unfortunately the 4k 50fps video still does not play properly...

20. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

Not sure if this applies to you or not, but Denon had some issues with the HDMI chipset in your generation AVR.

https://www.whathifi.com/news/denon...s-built-since-may-are-free-of-the-hdmi-21-bug

I’m sure there’s more out there on it and like I said, I don’t know if it applies to you since I don’t know when yours was manufactured.