Jellyfin AndroidTV Client Thread

Discussion in 'Jellyfin for Zidoo' started by andy22, Jun 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

I think Andy said he should be able to pull the DV info from Jellyfin and therefore label DV titles. Strangely some of my atmos files have an atmos label and some don’t - not sure how its picking the info for that.

2. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Right now the external WD hard drives are connected directly to the Z9X, no server of any kind. I thought about turning my PC into FreeNAS but none of that is long term safe I hear. You are correct i dont need transcoding of any kind but thought if investing in future proofing at the same time with some kinda RAID, why not switch over. Still open to suggestions - I tried running just a simple server on PC for Jellyfin, but didnt get anywhere as this stuff is way beyond my dumb brain.

3. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

Ditto.
    Same for DTS-X tracks. Some have the 'X' label & some don't.

4. Cyclone99

Cyclone99 New Member

You could leave the drives connected to the Z9X and turn on the built-in Samba server. Then install the Jellyfin server on another device, indexing the files connected to the Z9X as shared drives. Configure Jellyfin on the Z9X to use direct path, so files would be played back from the locally connected drives. But you may be better off long-term setting up a NAS.

5. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Yup thats what I figured, it really will help with the whole Jellyfin implementation but also support the long term proofing of the data. Although, after renaming some files I am sitting pretty good on HT4.0 setup without much tweaking so we shall see.

6. Nathan W

Nathan W Member

Mediainfo doesn't quite have DTS:X detection at 100% rate yet. DTS:X from Sony discs are particularly troubling for it iirc.

7. Kazu

Kazu New Member

Hi There,
    I've got an issue with your client, as i cant have it running at all, basically says (stream)!
    Its not transcoding nor even DirectPlay (which what I want in 1st place)
    Using official client from Jellyfin (jellyfin-androidtv-v0.15.0-beta.2-release) works but it transcodes my movies, & I cant have Directplay. Its grayed out & no where i can enable it.
    What I have noticed was official client had an option to choose what "external" player I can pick, yours doesn't have it.

My Setup:
    - Synology DS1621+
    - JellyFin (Docker from official hub NOT linuxserver.io)
    - NFS shares are fully working in HT4.0 or MediaCenter
    - ZIDOO_X9S FW: ZIDOO_X9S-v2.1.45-202204080844-ota

What have I done:
    - Direct mount of my movies folder into docker itself, Jellyfin scans & finds movies but fails to play/stream.
    - Next, I tried "NFS" volume configuration approch where i'd point my shares at Jellyfin & that also didnt work.
    - I've tested this on "Docker" & "Synocommunity" versions of JellyFIN.

A few posts someone was asking about making use of "NFS" shares in Synology with dockers, I've managed to do it

docker volume create --name VOLUME\_NAME --driver local \\
    --opt type=nfs4 \\
    --opt o=addr=HOST\_ADDRESS,rw,noatime,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,tcp,timeo=14 \\
    --opt device=:YOUR/NFS/PATH

## Docker-compose.yml example for NFS
    version: "3.7"

services:
    home-assistant:
    container_name: home-assistant
    image: homeassistant/home-assistant
    ports:
    - "8123:8123"
    volumes:
    - type: volume
    source: home-assistant-data
    target: /config
    volume:
    nocopy: true
    restart: always

volumes:
    home-assistant-data:
    driver_opts:
    type: "nfs"
    o: "addr=192.168.1.10,nolock,soft,rw"
    device: ":/tank/home-assistant-data"

## Docker-compose.yml example for SAMBA/CIFS
    version: "3.7"

services:
    home-assistant:
    container_name: home-assistant
    image: homeassistant/home-assistant
    ports:
    - "8123:8123"
    volumes:
    - type: volume
    source: home-assistant-data
    target: /config
    volume:
    nocopy: true
    restart: always

volumes:
    home-assistant-data:
    driver_opts:
    type: "cifs"
    device: "//192.168.1.10/home-assistant-data"
    o: "addr=192.168.1.10,rw"
    o: "uid=0,username=samba-username,password=samba-password,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770"

I'd like to have it running/working if its possible, i'll be glad to test out & help as I really liked jellyfin & easy interface access from it.
    Thank you

8. Fattykidd

Fattykidd New Member

@andy22
    Is it possible to add live tv functionality to the jellyfin client?
    I've set up my iptv through jellyfin server and it's working great on the couple of roku devices I have around the house, it crashes jellyfin when I try and load a show or the guide on the zidoo though.
    Cheers

9. Hippoponderous

Are you out there @andy22? We miss you:(. You (& this project) have been quiet for a while now...

boxerfan likes this.
  10. Scavenger

Scavenger New Member

Assuming you have your docker setup correctly, then you need to enable "Enable Direct Path" under Setting-Playback on the jellyfin client on the zidoo. On the server side, when adding your folders to your library, be sure to also set up the direct play path to point to the network folder containing your videos. That's what I did to enable direct play from my z9x ...

11. kosta88

kosta88 New Member

Hello,
    is it possible to skip music (like in small steps, 5-15sec) in Jellyfin-app for Zidoo?
    I've seen some posts about playing Playlists with native Zidoo client, which I would prefer too very much. However, management should stay with Jellyfin. Playlists and such.
    Thanks

12. chadamir

chadamir New Member

Yeah starting to get worried.

13. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

The right arrow on the Zidoo remote should allow you to skip ahead, but it's sensitive as hell. It normally does about 5 seconds if you give it a tap but I've had it fly ahead 2-3 minutes using the same touch pressure.

14. For me i can log in and see all the content. But if i want to play anything it just says cant play video ????? What to do to fix this plzzz

15. Hippoponderous

Have you added the direct media path in the server library settings?
    2022-12-24_065001.jpg

16. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

official version got v.0.15.0 stable, hopefully we got the Zidoo edition soon.

17. I am using Remote Sever of jellyfin not Local server.

18. chadamir

chadamir New Member

I emailed the developer and he didn't respond. Considering how active he was, I fear something happened.

19. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

hopefully everything is OK, tbh I'm happy with current version, but improvements are always welcome.

Happy New Year everyone.

20. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I think we're all thinking the same - just hope nothing has happened to him but he's not been on the forum since 5th November.

Fattykidd and Six66Mike like this.