EDID thread (RTD1619DR players)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Mar 18, 2021.

1. marcos1406

marcos1406 New Member

@Markswift2003 if i may ask, any chance you would add an "SDR.BT2020" edid to use with VS10? Thanks.

TV11 likes this.
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Sorry, you can't force SDR.2020 through the EDID.

3. marcos1406

marcos1406 New Member

Thank you.

4. Stove

Stove New Member

My setup is topping out at 30fps for HDR/VS10. It will do 60fps for SDR including the main menus. Panasonic HZ1000 via NAD T758 AVR. Apple TV works HDR/DV @ 60fps through same path. Used same cables as ATV and same issue.
    Do I need custom EDID?

5. FuQiang

FuQiang New Member

Hey Mark, thanks again for taking the time to have a look at it. I've been trying the different EDID's you sent and uploaded recently. I think I've come to the conclusion that the LLDV is not the problem. Recently I've been trying the BT.2020 HDR10 edid, and to my eye has a fuller picture than the other options, although it's struggling with shadow detail and a bit crushing. I'm thinking that the VS10 is only processing the HDR10 profile embedded in the file. Is that correctly understood? Is there a way for the Zidoo to process the DV layer in the File and output it in, say, BT.2020 HDR 200nit? Without me having to manually select the HDR on the projector (cuz mine cannot)?

Would there be any benefits for me to purchase an HDFury product? I've heard a lot about these as a way to solve all these sorts of problems.

6. Nathan W

Nathan W Member

7. Markswift2003

All fixed - I'd moved some of the EDIDs around on Mega - just checked them all and all links are working now...

TV11 and Nathan W like this.
  8. DTSman

DTSman New Member

Hello,

Can someone get the following EDIDs?
    - LLDV BT2020 200Nits and HDR10+ passthru
    - LLDV BT2020 400Nits and HDR10+ passthru
    - LLDV BT2020 600Nits and HDR10+ passthru
    - LLDV BT2020 800Nits and HDR10+ passthru

Thanks for your help :)

9. Markswift2003

What do you mean by "passthru"?

10. DTSman

DTSman New Member

When a video file contains and HDR10+ layer able to let it go out from the Zidoo even if it also contains a DV layer.

11. Markswift2003

I thought that's what you meant - unfortunately you can't do that with EDID, or at least you can't do that if the EDID supports DV and HDR10+.

All the EDID does is tell the source what is supported, it can't prioritise. The only way to do what you want through EDID is to use one that supports HDR10+ but not DV.

If you want to be able to play DV/HDR10 in DV and DV/HDR10+ in HDR10+ the only way to do it without fiddling with settings or EDID is to strip the DV layer from DV/HDR10+ content.

On the odd occasion I do this I use Quietvoid's DoviTool.

TV11 likes this.
  12. DTSman

DTSman New Member

TV11 likes this.
  13. antjes

antjes New Member

Can you explain what modification has you included in this EDID for T1?

14. Markswift2003

I think I just reduced TMinPQ in the the Dolby Block from 0.057 to 0.001 nits

15. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Funny thing, when I powered on my Z9x last night, VS10 was outputting everything in HDR again.. not sure why it switched... but, I was still using my old Denon non-HDR capable EDID. Now I loaded your new SDR Rec709 300Mhz EDID and will see if it holds.

16. Markswift2003

Can you post that Denon EDID - there's just no way the Zidoo can output HDR if the EDID doesn't allow so I'm curious...

17. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I think I had sent it to you via AVSForum private message a while back along with the EDID for directly to my Epson?... if you still have those messages... otherwise I can send it to you later today...

18. Markswift2003

If you can send it later that'd be great - my inboxes get rather congested here and on AVS :confused:

19. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

This should be my original EDID going through my old Denon 5200 which was not HDR compatible, and this is actually preferred now as I only want to use VS10 for everything converted to SDR. But, twice now, Zidoo has started displaying VS10 in HDR mode.

Attached Files:

• edid.txt
      File size:
      256 bytes
      Views:
  20. Markswift2003

So firstly, yeah, no way the Zidoo can push out HDR if it's actually using that EDID, so if it was pushing out HDR, it couldn't have been using that EDID at that point.

Let me get this right:

1. Your current setup is HDR compatible?

2. You have your Denon SDR EDID loaded in Custom EDID, selected, and Custom EDID is switched on?

3. You have HDR set to Dolby Vision VS10 Engine (for all content)?

4. Was this a cold restart (power off at back), warm restart (power off on remote) or standby restart (standby from remote)?

5. When it booted into HDR, it stayed in HDR?

6. When it booted into HDR were there HDR options in HDR settings (eg Mapping HDR10)?

6. What told you it was in HDR - the TV reported it, the Zidoo reported it, or both?

TV11 likes this.