Jellyfin AndroidTV Client Thread

Discussion in 'Jellyfin for Zidoo' started by andy22, Jun 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hi andy22,

My next video will talk about your ''alternative Jellyfin TV Client optimized for Zidoo devices''

I'll be honest, I don't know this application at all, I'm a beginner and the video will be for people like me who are interested in your alternative to Jellyfin and are just discovering it.

It will be a basic tutorial ''first step with the alternative Jellyfin TV Client optimized for Zidoo devices.

I will also indicate that it is a BETA version and that it is in constant improvement thanks to regular updates

--------------

I'll see if I can (as you showed me in private) replace your logo with this one.

This one matches the Ziui Cool icons of the Z9X and Z10PRO

[​IMG]

Photoshop editing
    [​IMG]

see you soon

2. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Not sure what this means? You mean you just personally prefer more space? What does "not enough" mean, there should be enough header space to display the header text?

As already noted that's intentionally, the header is still presented over the card with text shadow enabled, so its readable.

I get it, there seems tobe a need to add more space, which i don't really get personally. In my eye's all this empty space is just "wasted" so i like to actually use it.
    I also don't get why you would want the "My Media" buttons to take-up so much space, since they don't display any useful information and are just links, but sure i can add a "large" option.
    I will try add more options, since those settings are clearly a matter of personal preference.

3. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

2022-10-30_132516.jpg
    I think that for those of us who are using custom images for the My Media folders, larger looks better than small.
    Edit: I should note that this particular screenshot has been taken from my Windows client, though the same images are used for my Zidoo client.

4. Nathan W

Nathan W Member

Super minor thing I've noticed is in the pause menu when http streaming the title is set to "stream". Don't know if this happens when using direct paths, but I found http streaming to be more reliable.

Attached Files:

5. Enet

Enet Active Member

Just watched a movie using Zidoo Jellyfin but it's not marked as watched. I'm sure this used to work before. Normally I select the movie then press play. Butthis time I played the movie by pressing the menu key on the smart menu and selecting play.

6. mrgo

mrgo New Member

Hi Andy,

My responses in Blue

7. karmu

karmu Member

This is a nice peace of software, I really like it.
    But I'm missing one feature:
    Can there a 'Wake on lan' added to wake the server when the app starts?

Thanks for your work :)

8. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

@andy22 meant to say I’m loving the selection border around the posters.

9. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Can I run the server on my computer but have the local media connected directly to Z9X, sorta like on the Shield Pro?

10. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Yes, the library's you create on the server will accept files from local and network paths. In this config its best to use "Direct Path" via the client, otherwise the server reads from network, just to than send the video back as http stream, which works but obviously adds bi-directional network traffic.

B0RN likes this.
  11. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Thanks Andy, almost forgot... will Jellyfin actually read and play BDMV folders as thats how I have most of my movies stored.

12. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Any chance for a Server version running on Android (e.g. an old Zidoo media player)?
    Have plenty of those.

B0RN likes this.
  13. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I'd love to run Jellyfin on my Shield alongside Plex but I don't think it's ever going to happen unfortunately.

14. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

But will a plex server running on shield be recognized on a Z9X?

15. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes, of course.

16. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Very Nice, I might go that route as long as PLEX can read full BDMV folders. I mostly have those.

17. mattmarsden

Plex doesnt, only single file formats and not isos.

18. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Darn okay, back to the drawing board and HT4.0 for now. Thanks for saving me the trouble of trying to setup PLEX from scratch and find that out afterwards!

Im guessing Jellyfin doesnt see BDMV folders either.

19. mattmarsden

I think it might, never tried it though. Emby did/does and its based on that.

20. Enet

Enet Active Member

Nope. Unless theres a setting somewhere I'm missing.