Beta version v6.4.40 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 13, 2022.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Stupid question...

Do you have 6.4.40 installed?

2. Sekology

Sekology Member

yes, from the McBluna site

3. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Have you reboot your devices??

4. Sekology

Sekology Member

Yes, two times.

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Ok - I can see no reason for the patch not to work - the only thing I can think here is that the versions uploaded by @McBluna do not include the black clip patch - no idea how that would happen but it's possibly why they were not uploaded here on the forum.

6. Sekology

Sekology Member

oh, that is a bummer. I was really happy that I will try this tonight at work. I hope it can be patched soon :(

7. OlivierQC

I took mine from McBluna's site as well

I don't think this has anything to do with, McBluna had made a small mistake for the download link of the z10 pro this morning, we had the FW of the z1000pro instead of the one for the z10 pro.

8. Sekology

Sekology Member

Yes, I downloaded it after he wrote ''fixed''.

9. Markswift2003

Olivier - have you tested on anything other than a Z9X?

10. OlivierQC

On McBluna's blog I took the one for the z1000pro

I can try the Z9x (FW 6.4.35) one if you want

11. Sekology

Sekology Member

So I will need to downgrade when they are uploaded here?

12. OlivierQC

I just tried McBluna 6.4.40 on my Z9X and the black clips is solved

If this is what you want... Start by using the options available in Other/recovery and reset, maybe this will solve the problem

13. Sekology

Sekology Member

But my device is Z10 Pro, I tried everything/ It is still 85 on Z10 Pro.
    Can someone else who has Z10 Pro verify this?

14. OlivierQC

ok did you already use the recovery and reset ?

15. Sekology

Sekology Member

Yes, I did. I really believe that this firmware on McBluna site for Z10 pro does not contain the fix.

16. OlivierQC

Well, we have to wait for Zidoo to give the FW containing the patch for the z10pro

Sekology likes this.
  17. Frogmort

Frogmort New Member

I have the Z9X and I tested this latest firmware using the MediaLight Spears & Munsil files in a completely black room with the Black Level on my TCL 75R646 tv turned way up, and tried the HDR settings in Auto, VS10 (for all content), and LLDV, and in every iteration SDR content was perfect, HDR10 was nearly perfect, and Dolby Vision was great down to 76 with Player Led DV, but with TV Led DV I can see 83 very clearly, but 82 and lower is completely clipped.

I downloaded the firmware from the first post in this thread and after loading it, I turned off and uplugged the unit, then restarted it, but with Dolby Vision TV Led it still hard clips at 82.

18. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

wouldnt that mean the issue is with the TCL clipping ,so just leave it on Player LED DV to get the better picture

19. Markswift2003

So you've tested v6.4.40 on the Z1000?

20. Enet

Enet Active Member

Much appreciated.