Beta version v6.4.35 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's never a good idea to install private betas - they're for testing specific changes which will hopefully make it to the public beta but they're not necessarily stable.

DMD likes this.
  2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Agreed - maybe you could put a word in his shell-like so these are not linked to on this site please?

3. DMD

DMD Member

Thank you for your response.
    I didn't know that.

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

At least MP7 is far from stable with all recent Beta's. MP7 got some nice enhancements but in fact that came with a loss of stability.
    Tested some more this weekend (FW 6.4.36). Happy to still have my Neo Alpha on the old release.

serg fedorov likes this.
  5. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

About stability issue, can make a log file? We can't reproduce it

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I am getting crashes constantly. MP7 then aborts and screen jumps back to the main screen.
    Will forward a debug log.
    Not only happens with music playing in the background but also just moving around the menu's.

Also seen lots of hiccups during actual playback with I think always MCH sources (SACD ISO or FLAC).

serg fedorov likes this.
  7. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

I confirm, MP7 is unstable, music interruptions. As for the crashes to the desktop, this happens only at the very beginning when installing a new firmware, after a while, as they are used, the crashes stop. But the music is interrupted, stuttering.
    By the way, crashes when installing a new firmware are also observed with HT4, but as with MP7, as they are used over time, crashes stop.

8. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I'll stick with UAPP at least for now as I've not had a single issue. Add to that, that I can stream TIDAL too, I really don't know why we bother with MP* . I'm sure someone will come up with something - @Nice Monkey ?

serg fedorov likes this.
  9. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

That's what I do, I keep using the UAPP, which is the best. Only because of this player you have to install firmware from G.
    And MP7, at the moment, is just a misunderstanding.

rozel likes this.
  10. Normancook

Normancook New Member

If I play a dsd file on mp7 and after I play a 44.1khz flac file I no longer have sound on my amp (HDMI connected). I have to turn off the zidoo.

11. ccart

ccart New Member

If we're on version 6.4.20 should we go to v6.4.35 or v6.4.36? I do not use ZDMC. Just a bit confused by the quick fire updates lately and don't want to download the wrong version, my setup is very standard (Z9x into my TV which is pretty new so compatible with most things).

12. Markswift2003

I'd probably recommend v6.4.36 - a lot's happened since .20 but the old adage of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"
    holds true as well...

crutzulee and serg fedorov like this.
  13. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Problem solved......
    I try to explain what happened hoping that google translator does its job well :D
    My Zidoo Z9X is connected via hdmi to a Yamaha cx-a5100 preamplifier which in turn goes to the sony kd-65ag8 tv, some time ago I put a custom edid, I saved the file and then I uploaded it to the zidoo and it always went well, the another day I went to that menu, I removed the customized edid and I put the sony that is proposed in the menu, from there the problems started, in addition to the dts-hd that went in normal dts the zidoo was no longer recognized by the yamaha, I I therefore had to connect the zidoo directly to the TV, put the edid back I used before and now everything is back to work ...... now in the menu I have disabled the edid so I think I feel more comfortable or in your opinion it is better to go back to to use custom edid?
    Thank you

14. Markswift2003

That's why I asked are you using a custom EDID (you answered no!) - the problem with the Sony and Samsung EDIDs included with the Zidoo is that they are TV EDIDs so they do not include lossless audio codecs because TVs do not usually do that - that's why DTS-HD was using Core DTS.

You have to be very careful when using custom EDIDs - firstly you must have a good reason for using one and secondly you have to understand what the EDID you're using actually does.

I'm very glad you figured it out though :)

3DBuff likes this.
  15. Stove

Stove New Member

Do you mean PC>Zidoo = Zidoo is SMB server? In my testing the Zidoo SMB server was doing SMBv1 And Zidoo as client SMB 2.1. My throughput wasn’t as slow as yours but it was definitely slower with Zidoo as the server. In both cases I was copying “to” the Zidoo.
    How can we improve SMB performance? I tested with ZDMC using FTP and I get 35MB/s around 2x faster than SMB. But ZDMC unstable and has rebooted my box a few times randomly

16. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

Nevermind, I figured out how to install UAPP, I just can’t figure out the SMB syntax.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
  17. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

I just had your problem with one of my MKVs. It would only play in lossy DTS. After a while, I realized that I overwrote the file a while back to get rid of the DTS tracks and only keep the DTS:HD tracks. It played fine again in DTS:HD after I clicked to refresh media info from the "More" button in the poster.

18. Yar Dhar

Yar Dhar Member

Ok I got it. I am using the Epson 6050UB projector with Vertex2 and since this would be LLDV, I guess, I am having handshake blank screen because GUI is not using the VS10. Please correct me if I am wrong and if anyway to avoid the handshake blank screen. I have fixed resolution at 3840x2160 at 23hz.

19. Markswift2003

If you're using LLDV you should set HDR to LLDV and not VS10 for SDR, HDR, DV content.

Set resolution to 4k23 as you've done and set Frame rate mode to Frame Rate Only.

This will reduce HDMI resyncs to frame rate changes only.

20. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

When I copy files from my NAS via network to one of the internal discs in the Zidoo UHD3000 the speed is around 69MB/s. PC is Windows 7 professional, SMB v1