Beta version v6.4.35 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Can anyone help me with this problem?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You haven't got DTS downmix on in audio settings have you?

3. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

No, absolutely, it is a setting that I have never had and compared to the penultimate firmware I have not changed anything ...

4. Markswift2003

And not using a custom EDID?

5. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

No ..... I use it for video, now I put Sony since my tv is a Sony, for audio I didn't even realize that there was this setting, I always kept raw, do I have to put edid? I have problems with the dts-hd with other lossless formats such as true-hd for example I have no problem .....

6. Cranks

Cranks Member

Thanks
    I'll try VS10 for everything and Matching Frame rate only and see if things improve.

7. Yar Dhar

Yar Dhar Member

I do not see this option available in 6.4.20. I was going to wait till it is going to be available OTA but guess I will have to update USB way.

8. Stove

Stove New Member

I've done some further research and the feature that allows a larger read request size is the Large MTU feature in SMB 2.1. I can see in the Zidoo SMB negotiate protocol request that it does support SMB 2.1 (good) however lists Large MTU as not supported (bad!). Is this something that can be changed? Is the SMB client part of the underlying Android 9 OS and perhaps then something that can be turned on in a config file using ADB??
    Look how many packets are required to be sent for each 64KB of a file -
    2022-10-10 09_21_18-zidoo negotiate.png
    2022-10-10 09_22_42-zidoo transfer.png

9. Scavenger

Scavenger New Member

You're right! It's the 4k videos that's causing the blank video. I tried it on 1080 HD videos and they played fine. I do like the custom EDID on the 1080 videos. The color look more vibrant. Too bad the custom EDID doesn't work on 4Ks. Thanks.

azon1951 likes this.
  10. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Yes, these options are there with firmware 6.4.20. You need to become more familiar with the Display/ HDR option menu settings...

11. Yar Dhar

Yar Dhar Member

I see the option of VS10 for SDR, HDR AND DV but not an option for VS10 for everything unless I am missing something.

12. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

VS10 for SDR, HDR AND DV is everything. This is what @Cranks & @Deano86 mean.

13. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

That is every thing. What’s missing SDR, HDR and DV? So even some ancient B&W avi files invoke DV This is the menu setting on my UHD3000

upload_2022-10-10_16-20-29.png

14. DMD

DMD Member

Good morning.
    How come version 6.4.37 does not show up on your site?
    Thank you

15. DMD

DMD Member

Good morning.
    I don't know if this is similar to my problem.
    I detected a transfer rate (via SAMBA) PC>Zidoo (about 0.7-1 Mb/s) , instead the opposite Zidoo>PC (about 10-13 Mb/s)
    Can there be any solution?
    Thanks

16. DMD

DMD Member

17. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

there is only the not G version :) so I will wait for the official launch, but anyway thx to McBluna

18. Markswift2003

It depends on your display. If the display is LLDV (and not standard DV - eg an early DV Sony) then you don't get the the option for VS10 for all content, instead you'll see an option for LLDV further down which does the same thing.

The difference is that VS10 for all content (and LLDV) will send the GUI in VS10 as well as content. VS10 for SDR, HDR, DV does not do that.

vddan likes this.
  19. Markswift2003

Because it is private test beta.

DMD likes this.
  20. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

And because there's no Changelog on McBluna's site, I would suggest to wait before installing too