Beta version v6.4.35 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Sep 30, 2022.

1. vddan

vddan Active Member

Still more in 'LLDV' on the big screen, no more 'image'!
    Pique of superior image!

2. sid6581

sid6581 New Member

So connecting a Z9X to a SDR display and a DV display playing back the same DV content should look nearly identical? I can't imagine that's what you are saying here.

ammar11 likes this.
  3. lanz

lanz Member

Does it mean that if I have a DoVi capable television:
    1. I can finally keep using the DoVi preset for any content without "too bright" SDR/HDR?
    2. Nothing was improved for DoVi capable television, it's only for old stuffs and projectors.
    Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
  4. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

Super!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks Mark for the reply! Special thanks to the zidoo team!!!

Cranks likes this.
  5. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@Markswift2003 - is it strange that I associate LLDV, DoVi, HDR & HDR10+ with 4K ?

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not necessarily because the DV display will presumably have better native imaging than an old SDR display (although it'd be an interesting test with an old Pioneer Kuro), but I do have an HDR10 Samsung and using the appropriate EDIDs there's very little, if anything, tell between playing DV content in VS10 SDR, VS10 HDR and native DV.

But, as I say, that's the whole point of VS10.

serg fedorov likes this.
  7. Markswift2003

No, not at all. Commercially, those formats are all associated with 4K but there's absolutely no reason why you can't have other resolutions.

Anything less than 1080p is not part of the Dolby Vision Dual Layer spec since the enhancement layer is defined at 1080p, but there's nothing stopping you having 576p or 720p HDR10(+) or Profile 5 DV content for example.

serg fedorov and rozel like this.
  8. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Interesting thank you

9. DMD

DMD Member

Good morning.
    I finally managed to get fw 6.4.36 working on my Z9X with ZDMC.
    After various procedures I started with fw 6.4.20, this time, however, I restored to factory data, a procedure I had not done previously, not sure if this is a determining factor, and then installed via USB fw 6.4.36. And I verified that ZDMC regularly opens files via SMB.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
  10. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

How is it possible watching a DV content, without the high dynamic range capability TV, to have VS10 SDR on SDR TV identical to native DV TV?

11. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

Updating from .20. to .36 worked perfectly fine without any issue, as always (I used almost every firmware in the last 1.5 years).

All I ever do after a successful firmware update is switching off the power completely one more time and do a fresh cold start.

Cranks, xskip and DMD like this.
  12. DMD

DMD Member

Thanks for the advice.
    I will take this procedure into account as well.

13. Markswift2003

VS10 SDR on a native SDR display is never going to be identical to DV on a native DV display and that's not a fair comparison to make - if nothing else, an old SDR display is going to be 8-bit rather than 10-bit.

But with 10-bit content on a 10-bit display, the dynamic range is the same, it's just that the tone mapping is done in the source rather than the display.

VS10 was designed to make the best of all content on all displays, displaying to their highest ability - all I'm saying is that gap is subjectively narrower than you might think.

3DBuff and serg fedorov like this.
  14. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

Well, after testing some other HDR and DV rips, it seems to be the content that was wonky. Since all other ones play just fine. Sorry for the hassle

15. Markswift2003

Happens a lot :D

DIKKE likes this.
  16. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Agree. My old HD projector is 10-bit display. HDR and DV using VS10 is visually better by eye compared to the same BD quality content.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  17. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

My old JVC projector has always worked fine with Dolby Vision through the VS10 engine. And on this 35 firmware now with HDR.
    The output is 4.4.4, 12 bits, 709.

18. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Maybe someone will finally write about the next improvements? Or again another g-----but? Why don't you make the translation into the firmware? People try to correct in their native language, but there are no corrections. Why such a disregard for their consumers? You've already got enough of your disregard for people buying your products.

19. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Still won't let me switch to auto. I was thinking maybe switching to auto, then power off at the back, reboot and see if it works. But I don't want to be stuck not being able to see anything

20. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

black screen in auto because you set device to LLDV priority if i read correctly

Settings /Display / DV Compatibility / change back from LLDV to Standard tv LED

then auto/VS10 etc should all work in the HDR setting