Beta version v6.4.35 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Sep 30, 2022.

1. vddan

vddan Active Member

MIRROR, Please if we could improve the speed of HT4 it would be nice !!! ;)

2. ccart

ccart New Member

At what point will this be released as an OTA update like with 6.4.20?

3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Just Download it if you want it like many of us have done.

4. ccart

ccart New Member

Well I was more asking from the point of view of when will it be considered the latest stable build. I'm on 6.4.20 and it is working pretty much perfectly for me (dare I say including CEC), so I am hesitant to upgrade until this build is considered the next best stable version. I like staying up to date but not and the expense of stability these days (I came from a nvidia shield where I had plenty of issues that drove me mad).

Teacher likes this.
  5. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

It could get released a stable build but then you may have CEC issues or ?
    & you wont know that until you update .

Each release can cause issue on any one system or work pretty well stable as such
    If yours is working fine then stay with it.

But as usual with any firmware be it a beta or Alpha or ota they still can introduce a bug
    Be it a CEC issue or a H.T.v4 bug or,or …….

The 62million dollar question will it introduce a bug ?

You will only know if you update sadly .

6. bkwashby

bkwashby New Member

That's the problem, it is off on my Z1000 Pro but it still interferes with the CEC on my TV and Receiver even with a lindy CEC blocker attached.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  7. bkwashby

bkwashby New Member

I do everytime...and have it turned off on my Z1000 Pro but it still interferes with the CEC on my tv and receiver. My tv still detects the CEC in the Z1000 Pro even with it turned off and box completely powered down.

8. bkwashby

bkwashby New Member

I tried a lindy CEC blocker on my Z1000 Pro, didn't work, but even with the CEC turned off on the box and powered down completely, my tv still detects the CEC on the Z1000 Pro through the lindy CEC blocker.

9. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

You said earlier that your problem is TV turning on the box even if it is powered off with CEC disabled.
    You don't have TV remote programmed to operate Zidoo box by any chance? What happens if you use switch on the back of Zidoo box? Does it effect TV and receiver behaviour?

When Z9X is plugged in and powered off by remote (front panel red LED on) it is still active on HDMI. My receiver detects it as part of the loop but everything works for me as it should. If I use power switch at the back of Zidoo my receiver drops out from CEC chain and I can't get sound from the TV to receiver. Just by keeping Zidoo plugged in with red LED all my components work according to CEC assignment. I have LG TV and Sony receiver. No difference in recent firmware versions.

10. jra85

jra85 New Member

There appears to be a regression in this version: The 2 second audio delay after pausing/resuming or seeking during video playback is back again. This had been fixed a couple versions ago.

11. bkwashby

bkwashby New Member

My tv remote is not programmed to operate my Z1000 Pro. Turning the switch off on the back of the unit cuts power before the power supply in the box so the CEC works as it should between my TV and receiver. I shouldn't have to manually turn off that switch every time I powered up or down the box. The CEC worked properly or should I say more properly in previous software versions so they can fix it.

12. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It can't be the Zidoo interfering with CEC if you're using a working blocker because that physically disconnects the CEC pin (pin 13) in the HDMI connector - it really would have to be the work of the devil in that case :confused:

However, I believe there was a batch of Lindy blockers that were faulty and recalled... If you have a multimeter, a good set of probes and a good eye you can test this.

13. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

@Markswift2003 Could tou tell me what's up with the v6.4.36 version of the FW.
    On the openingpost of this thread there is only a v36 FW for the Z9X.

However, om MCBluna's site there are 6.4.36 FW's for the other models ??

Last, must i install v35 first before installing v36

Beni2360 likes this.
  14. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

@TifKag McBluna is very precise person and a very reliable source. Safe to get it there.
    No, no need to install interim versions first, but yes the warning that is (still) not made easy to go back with Zidoo FW.

TifKag likes this.
  15. Markswift2003

They must have been posted on the OTA server - there's a sneaky way of dragging them off there...

16. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

This is all very confusing now. @Markswift2003 - could you inform us of the Changelog between v6.4.35 and v6.4.36 for the Z9X please? Is it just for the ZDMC issue? I just don't understand why @mirror hasn't said anything about this firmware. We really should not have to rely on Mr McBluna for information like this whether or not he's sneakily downloading them to his site

17. Markswift2003

It's not that confusing, it's posted right there on the first page.

upload_2022-10-4_10-21-4.png

xskip and 3DBuff like this.
  18. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Yes, It is confusing.
    Because Zidoo makes it seem that only the Z9X needs the "v36 patch", by not linking to the v36 FW for the Z1000 Pro, Z10 Pro and UHD3000.

19. bkwashby

bkwashby New Member

Ah, I didn't know there was a bad batch of blockers. I'll order a new one, if that ends up working then I'll be happy...cause when I unplug the HDMI from the box the CEC between my TV and receiver works fine again, but ya the blocker I have doesn't block anything.

20. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

Can confirm the v6.4.36 FW from @McBluna is fine and now my Z1000 Pro has ZDMC back working correctly from SMB :D Many thanks for getting this fixed quickly and the download being made available.

McBluna and rozel like this.