Beta version v6.4.35 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

That can't be the answer as my Z1000 Pro missed the .28/.29 updates as they were for Z9x only.
    ZDMC works fine from HDD and the library updates and can see the network, it just refuses to play anything from SMB (using the Zidoo player, which works fine from SMB using File Manager).
    I may try Kodi backup as suggested and revert to .20 which worked fine.

3DBuff and Franconian like this.
  2. DMD

DMD Member

dr4go likes this.
  3. ofir

ofir Member

DMD
    USE USB UPDATE

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Good to see a working bypass is found. Yes always use RAW myself with my setup and yes HDMI-CEC is still having issues. My blocker is never far away.

5. DMD

DMD Member

In the post I specified direct update from 6.3.92>6.4.35, I had omitted with USB, but the problem remains.
    I noticed now version 6.4.36 only for Z9X.

6. wier2002

wier2002 New Member

I had version 6.4.20 and ZDMC 19.4 was working fine. I went from 6.4.20 to 6.4.36 and it still works fine (plays files from SMB).

Franconian and DMD like this.
  7. DMD

DMD Member

Thanks for the confirmation, as soon as I can I will upgrade via usb.

8. DMD

DMD Member

I updated from 6.4.20>6.4.36 unfortunately ZDMC does not work for me with SMB protocol.
    I went back to 6.4.20, maybe my box is the problem, but it works with this firmware so I don't know what assumptions to make.

9. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

It works, it works! ZDMC is back online!
    Thank you @mirror for helping us your Zidoo community even over the weekend :)

Z9X - I went sequential update .20 > .28 > .35 > .36
    I can confirm that ZDMC works again in .36. Maybe it was something to do with "4. Added fanart when films start playing." Startup looks different between local drive and SMB drive using ZDMC but I could be wrong. The most important it works again.

I use HT for my prime collection of movies around 500 titles. It looks great, trailers work now, I have selection of A, B... for UHD, 3D and other on the same movie page. ZDMC is for everything else around 2k titles. Larger count works better with ZDMC and the most important it keeps database of all even if the drives are disconnected.

Thank you Zidoo team!

dr4go and Franconian like this.
  10. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

Looking forward to the .36 release for the other Z and Neo models.....
    I've been using File Manager to play and then ticking "watched" in ZDMC.

11. PascalSW

PascalSW New Member

I tested this, it works very well (I am still using the v6.4.20, so perhaps it's different with the new VS10 use in V6.4.36).
    BUT on my Sony VPL-VW290, I prefer to use LLDV. With LLDV, we have to force the HDR on the projector, and on the Sony, HDR mode vs SDR mode look more brillant. It seems to have more power in the image. All lights seems to be really lit and bright.
    In SDR, it look similar without this bright effect.

12. badbeef

badbeef New Member

Z9X.I'm having issues with no audio in some videos,I've compared one with working audio and one with no audio with Mediainfo but nothing stands out,both mp4 and both with aac audio.It started a few updates ago.

13. xsander

xsander New Member

Where did you get the zdmc file from? On the official zidoo zite? (19.4)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
  14. Nathan W

Nathan W Member

Is there a technical reason why shows that only have single seasons matched with TVDB in HT show up as "Show Season 1" instead of just "Show"? If not can we get an option to pick which one we want?

thivame and lawdawg like this.
  15. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

I to would prefer single season shows to just show up as show and not season X. I don't generally keep multiple seasons of most shows, just the current one. It would be great to have a change in this behavior, at least an on/off toggle for the single season presentation.

thivame likes this.
  16. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I agree! If there is one Season it should be treated as the complete show, not Season 1. and use the complete series images until there is another season added, then goes back to normal naming conventions.

thivame likes this.
  17. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Yes, follow this thread from here. Some skins work, most doesn't. ZDMC is good but the link for watched and movies in progress is broken. Still OK for large collections and you don't have to have all sources on all the time to see all your movies.

18. vddan

vddan Active Member

I take advantage of this post to also give my opinion with the Edid SDR ............ I find the image slightly grainy and the blacks slightly blocked.
    So I'm not 'fan' and came back to my usual settings.
    Thank you anyway Mark ;)

19. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Any improvement ?
    Because i am really hesitating to install 6.4.35 (No 6.4.36 for Z1000 Pro)
    I still am on 6.4.20.

20. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

Most stable firmware that I try since I have my Z9X. ZDMC and HT4 is working. So far I didn't experience the black screen where you need to restart the device to be able to use it again.

FEATURE REQUEST:
    * PLEASE add AC3 Transcoding like in Kodi player. I love to use Zidoo Player but my sound system play AAC 5.1 in stereo.
    * Image Parameter Floating Shortcut. It would be amazing if you can easily access this settings even in ZDMC. Just press the red, green, blue or yellow button in the remote...
    * Working AFR in other apps like SmartTube. Please fix it.

I forget to test this but switching Skin/Themes in ZDMC is not working last time I've tried.