Z9X: No spindown USB connected HDD’s when player is in standby (Solved)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by sgr, Feb 10, 2022.

1. cybergambit

cybergambit New Member

@sgr does not have an isolated case, I have the same issue. I also have to wait for the Z9X to go into standby and then manually flick the off switch so the system completely shut downs - only then does my powered HDD and portable HDD (both USB connected) switch off.

Incredibly frustrating and to be quite frank, embarrassing for the developers to have this bug persist.

2. sgr

sgr New Member

I’m sorry to hear you have the exact same problem. This proves this is not an isolated issue. (I’m a bit glad though I’m not the only one.)

Developers: please respond to this issue!

3. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I'm afraid it's not an easy issue since many laptops (my HP) reproduce the same. At any case, we have to keep asking to be fixed.

4. sgr

sgr New Member

My former media players (Mede8er and Eminent) did not had this problem.

5. sgr

sgr New Member

Update!
    Since the Z9X is recovered from the boot issue, the spindown problem of the attached USB-HDD’s is also gone!

6. rotanimod

rotanimod New Member

Hi there. Just read ur post. Im facing the same issue. The usb hdd will not spin down if connected to usb 3 port. But no issue if connected to usb 2.0 port. Were u having issue with usb 3 as well?

7. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Which firmware are you running?

8. rotanimod

rotanimod New Member

Hi. Currently on v6.4.20_G. Thx.

9. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Try to update to latest .35_G and try again. I’m afraid this issue may return again with certain usb hhd.

10. adel

adel New Member

I also have my x9s device suddenly stopped. I made the flash tool and then it stopped permanently and the usb port does not work either, what is the solution?

11. rotanimod

rotanimod New Member

Just updated to .36_G last night but with no luck. The usb hdd will still not spin down if connected to usb 3 port. Strangely though, if I hook in usb flash drive to one of usb 2 port while the hdd still connected to usb 3, this setup will spin down the hdd when on stand by.

12. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Your maybe unlucky since spinning down depends on HD type. Best solution is to switch off the power to the Zidoo as I'm doing.

13. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

This is an English forum ;)

14. adel

adel New Member

I was able to turn on the device after it stopped completely using the USB port to the UART