Beta version v6.4(7).20 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO X/NEO S/NEO Alpha

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jul 28, 2022.

1. damagedspline

damagedspline New Member

Zidoo say SDR 709 12bit...

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Doesn't say VS10 at the end?

Definitely 12-bits?

And where does it say SDR??

This is the screen I mean:

upload_2022-9-22_13-14-1.png

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  3. damagedspline

damagedspline New Member

I am seeing SDR in the HDFury input info.

Attached Files:

4. DzigiBau

DzigiBau Member

Did you set up your television or projector HDMI settings properly?

There are situations where you have to set up HDMI settings in order to use its full potentials. You can find it easily in Settings, Display/Watching TV, External Inputs, HDMI Signal Format and there you could find Standard, Enhanced, Enhanced - Dolby Vision and Enhanced VRR. You need there to chose Enhanced - Dolby Vision or just Enhanced to be able to use full bandwidth of HDMI, of course if you are using proper cable. One would say HDMI 1.4 is good enough, other would say you need HDMI 2.1 cable for Dolby Vision format, but without intention to start debate, chose HDMI 2.1 just to be sure for your needs. If you connect Zidoo through some AVR receiver, I would recommend trying direct Zidoo-Television connection directly first. Anyway, there are talks here that firmware have a problem with BD playback via menus, but you can try this television setup first, just to check it once again.

5. Markswift2003

Odd - not sure what's going on there then - but as I say, it's not tone mapping because it's a Rec.709 signal with power gamma, so there's nothing to tone map. Just looks like black level (brightness) or white level (contrast) has been adjusted maybe?

6. dwalme

dwalme New Member

In the image viewer application I added a folder of about 15,000 images. I then selected that folder to be used for the screen saver. Now my screen saver rolls through family pictures and it has been a hoot with the family.

However, after I do this anytime I go to watch a video there is a 15-20 second delay before the video starts to change frame rate/resolution and then start playing. This happens any time you go to play a video. If I remove the folder from the image viewer application videos start playing immediately.

This is not related to the delay you can set when changing frame rate/resolution. That delay starts after this delay.

Anyone else run into this?

7. vddan

vddan Active Member

Yes for a while (several firm) the reactivity period for access to the NAS or hard drive is far too long!

8. richtomp

richtomp New Member

Thanks for your consideration.

DHP stated
    "When you play back full 4K UHD Blu-Ray rip, from Arrow, Shout, 88 Films and many other "boutique label" manufactures, via the blu-ray menu, they play back in HDR10 and not their native DolbyVision format.
    If I play via the "direct" play option where you don't get the menu, they play back correct in the correct HDR format, either DolbyVision or HDR10 and so on.
    Discs from major manufactures, Sony, Warner, Paramount and so forth, work as the should, both via direct play and via the menus.
    "

I have the same issue with no DV via Blu-ray menu playback on Donnie Darko, Pitch Black, etc. It only occurs with the boutique labels. Since we get DV from direct play (no menu) and we get DV from Sony, Warner, etc., with Menu Playback, settings and cables don't really come into play.

DHP likes this.
  9. papirus

papirus Member

Hi,

I have installed the new software and will track this issue in the new software.

If it continues in this software, I will share it again.

Thank you

Mentor27 likes this.
  10. DHP

DHP Member

Yes I have everything set correctly, the issue is already confirmed by and replicated by other forum members and is therefore reported to the firmware development team by an Admin (Markswift2003) so keeping my fingers crossed that it will be fixed, but thanks for your consideration :)

11. Miki1971

Miki1971 New Member

hi guys, sorry for the inexperienced question, why isn't there a firmware version with google play for the Zidoo NEO family? I would like to put Google play store on my Zidoo Neo Alpha and I don't know how to do it

12. Markswift2003

No, there are no plans to introduce Google play to the Neo players.

Miki1971 likes this.
  13. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

So no UAPP (& TIDAL) then - blimey!

14. Markswift2003

You can side load easily enough, but I guess it's to discourage folks from load a bunch of Android crap to the high end boxes - personally I don't think there should be a G firmware for any of the boxes.

Phil181, Miki1971 and blenky like this.
  15. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

What does this mean exactly? Do you mean loading unofficial .apk files from say a USB stick?

Miki1971 likes this.
  16. Markswift2003

Essentially yes, but not unofficial.

Miki1971 likes this.
  17. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Ok but struggling to find an Official TIDAL .apk on Tidal's account. Yes it allows for an Android version but you must download from Google Play Store. I'm always reluctant to download and install unofficial apk's and then there's the updating - my TIDAL programme auto updates but feel sure it does this also via Google Play Store - same with UAPP.

I probably will be corrected though :)

18. Miki1971

Miki1971 New Member

I would like to put just a few apps like qobuz disney plus and Amazon Prime Video and not use the Apple TV anymore, so I have everything I need in my Zidoo. Where can I find a website to download secure unofficial apps, and what is the procedure for uploading them to NEO ALPHA? Sorry I'll be frank, I spent 3000USD and I expected to be able to put some very few Apps in my Zidoo, the other Zidoos with Google Play firmware that cost a few dollars do, I didn't think a 3000USD Zidoo couldn't be officially done, it's a mistake that Zidoo is not thinking about including Google Play in the NEO product line

19. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

We don't discuss things like Unofficial apps / torrenting / and illegal downloading.

$3000 - just wow! None of the Neo players are worthwhile imho. They play video exactly like all the others, remember

20. Miki1971

Miki1971 New Member

thanks for the information. My Zidoo Neo Alpha is placed in a high-end home cinema, it has a very nice build quality and aesthetics, and the films are beautiful in their images, and I think 3000 USD is the right price for the high-end product. What I wanted to do was delete Apple TV, but if those apps cannot be officially inserted into my NEO ALPHA player I'm really sad

rozel likes this.