Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Until I see an EDID, I can't tell you what's supposed to happen.

2. Coco68

Coco68 New Member

84A0E2A2-9EFC-481D-BD5C-90D2479D7446.jpeg I can’t had my bin file

3. Coco68

Coco68 New Member

Sorry i have to go to work

if you can explain me the way to put BIN file, i would appreciate .

thanks

best regards

4. Markswift2003

5. Coco68

Coco68 New Member

Sorry i didn’t see that i had to change in .text

i do it saturday.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  6. Coco68

Coco68 New Member

here it is ;

thanks again

fred

Attached Files:

• edid.txt
      File size:
      256 bytes
      Views:
  7. Markswift2003

Ok Fred - I had a look at your EDID. I'm a bit surprised it's an HDMI 1.4 EDID, I assume this is due to the Radiance.

Not a huge problem, but it does mean you're restricted to 300MHz, so for 4K50~60 that means 8-bit only which will be problematic for 10-bit content.

That aside, here's what should happen for DV content with current NEO S firmware v6.4.20 (I'm ignoring Profiles 4 and 9 since they are not used commercially):

1. Profile 5 DV does not have a compatibility layer and so must be converted to HDR10 using VS10

2. Profile 7 DV has an HDR10(+) compatibility layer which should be played - no VS10

3. Profile 8 DV can have an HDR10(+), an HLG or an SDR compatibility layer which should be played - no VS10

Here's what actually happens:

1. Profile 5 DV behaves correctly and VS10 is used to convert to HDR10

2. Profile 7 DV behaves correctly and the HDR10(+) base layer is played - no VS10

3. Profile 8 DV behaves incorrectly and the Dolby Vision signal is converted to HDR10 using VS10

So your problem files must be Profile 8

This conversion of Profile 8 to HDR10 has been fixed in the latest firmware v6.4.28 for MKV so only the base layer is played correctly, however it has introduced a couple of other issues where Profile 5 is not converted correctly and Profile 8 MP4 is still converted using VS10.

I've raised this with the devs and I'd hope they get it working correctly for all Profiles...

8. Coco68

Coco68 New Member

Thank you Mark for your time.

my LRP is a full 9gbs, before that it was not a problem.
    The movies 24p worked fine in 4K/hdr.
    The only limitation is as you said on 4K 60p, but as there very few content,it doesn’t bored me .
    I ask the price for 1 hdmi input 18gbs.

Do you recommend me to make The last firmware ?

i also tried to reencoded the files who are problematic, but i didn’t have The time yet to try it, and I don’t see me do this for all DV/hdr file .

Thanks again.

9. Markswift2003

Ah - that explains why it's restricted to 300MHz :)

The latest firmware for the Neo S v6.4.20 is fine to update to.

I would avoid the latest v6.4.28 if it gets released for the NEO S until the Profile 5 issue is fixed.

As I say, v6.4.28 fixes Profile 8 MKV (not MP4) but breaks Profile 5 which is more important.

Hopefully this will be fixed quickly.

dr4go likes this.
  10. Coco68

Coco68 New Member

Great thanks.
    Î ´m already in 6,4,20

I will change my 9gbs input, to see if my problem is still there.
    Direct to a JVC vs10 doesn’t produce problem.
    Played by my Apple TV in the LRP doesn’t produce problem eather.

Maybe it is my 9gbs….

11. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Does this concern all models, when 6.4.28 becomes available for them.

12. Markswift2003

Yes, but to be clear it only affects Profile 5 on non-DV displays.

I'm told it's a regression issue related to getting Profile 8 to correctly play the base layer on non-DV displays.

I'm sure it'll be fixed before new firmware for the other players gets released.

dr4go, TifKag and xskip like this.
  13. Markswift2003

The 9gbps board isn't the problem.

From what you've said, the issue is that DV Profile 8 video only uses VS10 with HDR set to auto.

Unfortunately, at the moment this is unavoidable - I think it's to do with the fact that Profile 8 can have either an HDR, an HLG or and SDR base layer.

Instead of using the HDR10 base layer as it is, VS10 processes it with the RPU but it still outputs HDR10. It does not output Dolby Vision.

14. Boris 1956

Boris 1956 Member

Zidoo Z1000 Pro zdmc-18.8_rtk
    when I install this on Zidoo to get KODI the regional url does not pass do I have to change the region on Zidoo 1000 pro

15. Coco68

Coco68 New Member

Thanks for the answer Mark.

How could you explain that this file plays well with JVC Framadapt, but are wachout with my LRP .

I will certainly change for 18gbs, and maybe change my NEO S with an uhd2000, who doesn’t have this awfull VS10 .

16. Markswift2003

Wait for a while - VS10 has been updated so it is not used for Dolby Vision Profile 7 and Profile 8 for an HDR10 display with HDR in Auto - this firmware should be available for the NEO S soon...

If an HDR file looks "washed out" that is usually because it is being viewed in SDR - ie Rec.709 colour and power gamma instead of BT.2020 colour and PQ gamma.

17. Coco68

Coco68 New Member

Thanks for the explaination .
    Îll try to be patient.

I love my NEO S, but i ´ m a bit desappointed to have to use my Apple for lots of news.

18. dj1515

dj1515 New Member

dumb question mark, but what is edid?

i am using an LG G2 oled.

settings are:
    match frame rate only
    lock resolution at 4k 23
    hdr set to vs10 or auto (not sure which is better? i never see vs10 if set to auto).

is this proper settings? i get s black screen for bit when starting and exiting videos, and sometimes “no signal” for a few seconds.

should i post my edid or do you already know this tv’s capabilities? thanks!

19. Markswift2003

I'll let you Google what an EDID is... You don't need to worry about though.

The black screen is HDMI resync and the impact/severity is down to the TV and not the Zidoo - the actual Zidoo output is immediate and seamless but HDMI has to resync on any change of framerate/resolution/HDR mode or any combination thereof. Most TVs seem to take between 2 and 5s to resync.

The reason you never see VS10 in auto is because your TV supports all HDR modes natively (except probably HDR10+).

20. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

Hi there, i also have a LG 42 C2. Since the c2 has HDR and DV ( no HDR+ ) , you have nothing to do with the EDID. The blackouts you see is simple talking between the Z9x & the TV aka the HDMI handshake. Since both party's have to know what kind of format is used.

in setting/picture/HDR i use dolby vision for HDR and DV.
    in setting/picture/dv compat i use priority standard ( TV led ) since the tv can handle the HDR & DV signal.